Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Re: Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Yuichi knows that the earth kami are notoriously straightforward so he will try to be precise and concise with his limited questions.

''Mighty and enduring Spirit of Earth I called upon you here to request your aid and wisdom.'' He bows deeply towards the direction where the kami is grumbling.

'' This geographical feature seems to be new. Who or whom are the ones resposibles for the creation of this crater, that adorns the mighty earth, around this place?'' He asked.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Yuichi knows that the earth kami are notoriously straightforward so he will try to be precise and concise with his limited questions.

''Mighty and enduring Spirit of Earth I called upon you here to request your aid and wisdom.'' He bows deeply towards the direction where the kami is grumbling.

'' This geographical feature seems to be new. Who or whom are the ones resposibles for the creation of this crater, that adorns the mighty earth, around this place?'' He asked.

The rocks take a looong time to answer the priest. "An Orochi spirit fell from above and pushed us out of place."
Mindshred

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 am

Yuichi has patience. He has a deep connection to the spiritual world, especially to the element of earth. He has the will and endurance to wait for the earth kami's answer.

Hmm, seems that the rumours were not just rumours. He thought.

'' Is the Orochi spirit still lingering around this crater, Most enduring spirit of earth? '' He politely asked his second question.

Perhaps the Orochi spirit is still around.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 am

Kemuri, meanwhile, crouched at the crater's edge, continuing to watch the waters for a sign of anything unusual.

(Investigation: 25)
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:43 pm

With the earth kami responding slowly to the Yogo, Suki finds a spot nearby and kneels. Her prayers wouldn't interfere with the kami so no sense waiting any longer. Her eyes half-lidded, the monk begins offering fervent prayers to the Fortune, asking for guidance, protection, and no more giant monsters falling from the sky.
Monk * Blessed by Benten * Sensation * Pacifist * Magpie? * Probably Barefoot
Honor: What is Expected Glory: 0.0 Status: 1.0

Carries: Satchel with scrolls on the Tao

Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.
Suki

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:39 pm

As soon as the kami start to communicate with the shugenja, a white figure that was previously distant in the horizon approaches atop her steed.

The Otaku warhorse slowly circles the area while Kitakuhime observes what has happened. Her eyes are set over the Yogo, witnessing the ritual with much interest.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Mindshred on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Yuichi has patience. He has a deep connection to the spiritual world, especially to the element of earth. He has the will and endurance to wait for the earth kami's answer.

Hmm, seems that the rumours were not just rumours. He thought.

'' Is the Orochi spirit still lingering around this crater, Most enduring spirit of earth? '' He politely asked his second question.

Perhaps the Orochi spirit is still around.

The earth kami rumble softly. "The spirit is not present."
Mindshred

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 pm

'' Thanks for your aid great spirit of earth. I will not disturb anymore your eternal watch over mighty earth . '' He bow once again towards the rocks. Yuichi's eyes and the pearl in his hand stopped shining and Yuichi stood up, noticing that a small crowd of people has formed around him.

'' ... ''

'' The earth kami said that this crater was created by an Orochi spirit 'falling from above'. They also said that this spirit is no longer present in the surroundings of the crater. '' He says.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:01 am

Kaiya took a deep breath at those words.

"That confirms that much of the Mantis' story, then," he spoke out loud to no one in particular. "But what would cause such a thing to occur?"
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:10 am

Who is this ronin? Yuichi wondered.

'' Perhaps there are some water kami in the crater's lake. I think they could offer a bit more of insight about this strange event.'' He also says this aloud to no one in particular.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:57 am

"A wise notion" Hideo nodded, bowing to the Yogo properly now he was out of prayer "I am not well versed in the water kami though."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:15 am

"Even if this... orochi? does not linger, a great death may invite other ill influences," Saksaha puts in. "I would like to know if this water is safe to use, or if people and livestock must avoid it. If it is safe, it would be very useful to the village. If unsafe... then we must find some other solution." She scratches her cheek as she thinks. "If not Seppun-san, can one of you talk to the water spirits? I cannot."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:11 am

Yuichi bows to the Seppun. '' Neither am I, Seppun-sama... I'm Yogo Yuichi by the way ''

Then he turns to speak to Saksaha.

''Unfortunately, like I said to Seppun-sama, water is not my strongest element...I could try, but with the elemental imbalance you probably will see me throwing up instead of speaking with the kami .'' He shrugs.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 am

"Hm. Fairuz Kaiya-san?" Saksaha casts an inquiring look at the ronin shugenja. "If Fairuz-san cannot undertake it, Yogo-san, I have a charm which might increase your good fortune if you want to try. But I do not quite understand your methods, so you can judge best if it is worth while." ((translation: I could cast Reversal of Fortunes on you before you rolled. ;) ))

In fact she's dying to try such an experiment herself, but in her tests so far with amulets attuned to the element of Water she's succeeded only in summoning a splashy blob of the stuff, never yet in getting a spirit to respond to her.

"Since I have heard lesser beasts are uneasy here," Saksaha gestures toward Shinjo Kemuri, who'd confirmed that his own experience matched the rumors, "I thought also to see if anything unwholesome lingers in this place in the Realm of Animals."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:03 am

Ah, so this ronin is a follower of the Jade Champion...hmm interesting.

Yuichi nods to Saksaha, acknowledging her idea, but for now he waits for the Fairuz reaction.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

PreviousNext

Return to Orochi's Fall