Day 5 [EM] Doctor Who?! What?! (Suteichi's Yurt)

Re: Day 5 [EM] Doctor Who?! What?! (Suteichi's Yurt)

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Taira snorted, and glanced at the Bayushi.

"For asking her to wear a pretty kimono? Heavens, Bayushi-san, next you'll say it was your fault for wanting to get to know a woman who might one day marry one of us."

Rolling his eyes, he went on, "I've never seen this, which means, in all of Ryoko Owari, along the river of gold, or in the courts dotting our lands, this has not been brought to my attention during my time as a doctor... I know of it only through written medical texts. How the kami could you know?"

"I was being..." Suteichi was about to snap back then caught himself. The doctor was there to help and was clearly tired. He simply sat quietly and sipped his tea watching him work on the lady of his intended.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:37 pm

"Being what? Overly concerned? Don't make an apology for an action without malice. You just hand out fault for others to use against you."

Taira muttered under his breath.

Setting mortar to pestle, he began to grind a pinch of herbs, quick, tight twists of his wrist grinding the leaf to dust.

"If you really want to help, get some water heated, warm but not hot, and set some towels to soak."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Suteichi nodded. He was quite annoyed with the doctor's mannerisms but he did not utter it. He got the warm water and towels as directed and brought them to him.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm

With a faint sigh, Taira lifted the first towel from the water, and then rubbed the powder into it, and said, calmly. "Now, this should feel soothing... if it does not, we will try something else."

He offered the towel to Fei. "Just wipe part of the affected area, and let me know how it feels."

Glancing back to Suteichi, he asked, "So apart from offering the lady a chance to try rokugani fashion, am I to assume you two are becoming friends? It would be nice to think our clans could build bridges of camaraderie through this event."

He didn't ask if they were interested, because that wasn't his business... implied though it was. Still, this was going to take a while, and having Suteichi sulking would make it much less pleasant than letting the man talk and get his worries out of his system.

He had prepared four mixtures.

___

First one is a bust.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:02 pm

"Friends are the only ones who can hurt you. I am sure you have read the words of Tangen?" Suteichi said and took a sip of tea.

"Liu Fei-san and I are...well together."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Fei could only raise a brow at some of Taira's comments, she was amused though it was hard to tell. Seems there was an adult in that lovesick kid she met last time. Tacking the towel as it was handed to her she did as requested, trying to feel if it had any affect more than just making her skin feel dirty. It did not.

Shaking her head she looked to Taira, "It does not feel any better," she answered.

With the question she went to answer casually but Suteichi's answer caused her to hold it there. Glancing to him and raising a brow. Surprised by the candid response.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:Fei could only raise a brow at some of Taira's comments, she was amused though it was hard to tell. Seems there was an adult in that lovesick kid she met last time. Tacking the towel as it was handed to her she did as requested, trying to feel if it had any affect more than just making her skin feel dirty. It did not.

Shaking her head she looked to Taira, "It does not feel any better," she answered.

With the question she went to answer casually but Suteichi's answer caused her to hold it there. Glancing to him and raising a brow. Surprised by the candid response.

He returned the look to her as if ask her if she had something to add to what he said.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:19 pm

With the returned glance she just inclined her head in his direction, offering no contest or no added information. Conceding the point.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:22 pm

He smiled at her as he sipped his tea as if to say to her, "We are well together...It is the truth enough"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:29 pm

"I've skimmed Tangen, I prefer the responses by Notoku, though I know they are little read. A drawback of dying in a mysterious accident before you could pen more than a handful of copies."

Taira followed the words the two spoke, but did not look up. Instead he took the towel back, frowned, and picked up a new one, rubbing a new powder into it.

"This may fare better, though if not, I think I know why."

Handing it off, he added, "Well, you have good taste, and I am certain would make a marvelous match." It wasn't clear which of them he was complementing, or if he was complementing both.

____

Also a bust.

Soshi Taira

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 pm

"Hmmm.... I like to think so." he replied softly.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Meanwhile, Fei for her part just played the role of the dutiful patient. Applying the next powder to her skin and waiting to see if it had any relieving affects. Of which, it did not. Shaking her head as she spoke, "Just makes me feel like I am rubbing an itch."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 pm

"Ah.. then the next one... is... this."

A third towel.

It seemed Suteichi was being touchy. It was... unusually sensitive of him. He apparently had... touched a nerve.
_____

Also a dud.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:01 am

Fei glanced to Suteichi before applying the third. Like the first two, she applied the third to her skin but was starting to grow as frustrated with the whole ordeal. Of course, the crawling of her skin wasn't helping. However, she had given her word and despite her growing annoyance she knew Taira was attempting to help. Fei always thought of herself as a good judge of character like that.

"Just feels... the same."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 am

Suteichi was also growing impatient with the lack of positive results. He return Fei's glance to her letting her know he understood. Finally, he set his cup down and got the last of his towels to bring over to Taira.

"Is there an herb or something I can run out and get for you Soshi-San?" he asked politely, masking his impatience as he knew he was trying to help.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts