Day 5 [EM] Doctor Who?! What?! (Suteichi's Yurt)

Day 5 [EM] Doctor Who?! What?! (Suteichi's Yurt)

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:49 am

Suteichi was up before Liu Fei and he stepped out of the yurt to find a servant. Once he did he overheard about the events of last night.

A water dragon?!...What?!...A one-armed woman... Liu Yue!

Suteichi kept his composure and requested of a servant to have breakfast brought to his yurt. When the breakfast is brought, Suteichi stopped the servant from entering and brought the breakfast inside himself. He set the breakfast down and kissed Liu Fei on the forehead.

"Liu Fei-chan, breakfast." he softly said to wake her up. He prepared to leave the yurt again and looked back at her. "I'll be right back. I want Soshi-san to take a look at you." He wanted to wait until she was fully alert and settled before telling her the news he overheard. He found Taira's yurt and explained what happened to Liu Fei. Suteichi gave him a professional trust in handling it and brought him back to his yurt to see to Liu Fei.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Re: Day 5 [EM] Doctor Who?! What?! (Suteichi's Yurt)

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:20 am

Taira, roused from his fitful sleep by Suteichi, was somewhat grumpy, but a doctor's work was never done.

He followed Suteichi back, pondering causes and cures in relative silence. Somehow, he still hadn't processed everything that had happened the night before.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Covered by whatever she could find, Liu Fei held onto her sleep as best she could. Even when Suteichi set the food down and kissed her forehead she barely stirred. Only managing to roll onto her side when he spoke his next, leaving her to her own little morning ritual.

By the time they had returned she was dressed, mostly. Leaving out the shirt that she wore under her vest to keep her arms bare. Turned from the entry she was seeing pulling her hair back and tying it when they would enter.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:13 pm

"Liu Fei-san. You're awake. Soshi Taira-san will see to you now. I'll get everyone some gyokuro tea." he said going over to his teapot and making preparations while Taira tended to her ailment.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Taira approached Fei, bowing in greeting, and then untying the clasps on his satchel.

"I'm afraid I'll need to see some of your problem, if I am to help."

He could.. see it, already. But he would need to touch, and work on, a part of her skin to devise his cure.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Fei simply bowed her head a little in thanks to Suteichi. Then, turning to the matter at hand she greeted the Soshi with a bow before stepping forward once to show her intent on being cooperative.

"I am deciding to trust you," she said, emphasizing the situation.

"Have you seen anything like this before, Soshi-san?"
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Taira raised an eyebrow, but sighed.

Examining the rash, he arched his eyebrows in surprise.

"... No. I've read about it though. You have... does it go... well, all over?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:40 pm

"Not completely, but enough to be extremely uncomfortable," she kept to the facts. Watching him with a careful eye when he seemed to be unsure of the words he wanted to use.

"So you know what it is then Soshi-san?" she asked in a way that implied her wish for him to enlighten her.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 pm

"I do. It is a skin response to a material, a rash."

He sighed. "I assume an allergy, and from the look of it, to cloth. Cotton or silk?"

Rubbing at his eyes, he added, "I'm sorry if my bedside manner is abrupt. I have just taken part in the killing of a dragon, and the repair of a nearly bisected woman. I will be blunt. I will need to try several cures on your skin, to see which get the necessary result. Your arm would be fine."

Soshi Taira

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Suteichi brought tea over for them.

"Soshi-san, we do thank you for your directness. Take what time you need." he looked at Liu Fei. "I like for her to be well. I again apologize for waking you after a rough night."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:06 pm

"Silk, I think," Fei glanced to Suteichi for him to confirm that for her. Only then did she notice he was much closer and ready with the tea. "It would have not done any good letting me sleep either," she said before returning to the doctor.

"I prefer it this way Soshi-san, I would rather have it spoken straight. If you have something that can settle this itch I feel over my entire body I am glad to do whatever it is to find it," she answered, offering her arm freely when he needed her to. Not having that Rokugani touchiness when it came to touching one another.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Taira gave a grumpy sort of huff, and then began measuring and mixing, without any particular rush.

It seemed this would be trial and error.

"Silk... so likely responding to the material, not the texture... this means abrasion is unlikely... so that rules out imbalance... hmmm."

A mortar and pestle were produced, and Taira sat on a folding Unicorn stool, gesturing that Fei should sit close by.

"I will attempt to use as few tries as necessary, but this may not be easy."

Soshi Taira

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Suteichi felt bad for putting the silk kimono on her even more.

"This was my fault. I sincerely apologize."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Taira snorted, and glanced at the Bayushi.

"For asking her to wear a pretty kimono? Heavens, Bayushi-san, next you'll say it was your fault for wanting to get to know a woman who might one day marry one of us."

Rolling his eyes, he went on, "I've never seen this, which means, in all of Ryoko Owari, along the river of gold, or in the courts dotting our lands, this has not been brought to my attention during my time as a doctor... I know of it only through written medical texts. How the kami could you know?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Fei sat where he asked and nodded to show her understanding.

Before she could say anything however, Suteichi attempted an apology to which Taira's response she had to hold herself back from laughing. Which she did well, the rash had made having a dour sort of expression easy.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Next

Return to Northern Yurts