Serving the sought sake son (d5, LE, Fukawa's Yurt)

Re: Serving the sought sake son (d5, LE, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:23 pm

"That could very well be, Doji-san." Tomonaga said, nodding, the ghost of a smile still on his lips. Goodness, but did he almost get a laugh out of her? It was so hard to tell with Crane.

"Very well." Tomonaga raised his cup. "To new friends, then." And he brings the cup to his lips, only just remembering that he didn't need to watch Fukawa's reaction to it; this wasn't his sake they were trying.

He took only a small sip, letting it wash over his tongue slowly. His expression is thoughtful as he savors the different flavors, the complexity. Finally, he inclines his head. "This is great. Ah, that is, very fine, Doji-san. You described it well. And I am not surprised to see the Crane excellence applied to sake."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 pm

"To new friends." she echoes, before lifting her own cup.

Fukawa nods.

"To me, it's as if you were a bee in a flower garden." she offers. "There are many, many flowers about, as you get closer to one, you can taste is stronger, while the rest recede. But the bee works from flower to flower, experiencing each one in turn."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:46 pm

"Hmmm." Tomonaga considered the comparion as he swirled the sake in his cup, peering into it.

He looked up. "Recently, I've spoken with several samurai who all talked about enjoying the moment. No doubt the bee does this; I credit you with much more sophistication than a bee. On the other hand..." He shrugged. "I doubt the bee goes to a flower, and says 'oh, this one is not nearly so good as two flowers ago'. So perhaps the bee has the right of it."

He inclined his head. "These are just thoughts, though, Doji-san. I don't mean to be comparing you to a bee."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

"There are worse things to be compared to, Yasuki-sama, than a bee. After all, the bee, like the samurai, defends it's home to the death. Plus the bee can fly, if not as high as the bird. Still, better than a worm." she says understanding.

"One could liken it to the miai as well, having a chance to consider many samurai before settling on one, though hopefully not so intimately as the bee." she says.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:07 pm

"I suppose so, Doji-san. Well then, I'll let the comparison stand."

Ahhhh.... That was, doubtless, a piece of the puzzle. Far from the whole thing. "That also seems fair, Doji-san. On both counts." Again, his lips twitched, another suppressed smile. "At least we get a little more time with each prospective partner than the bee. Although, we also have significantly more concerns."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Though from my understanding of the results in the administrative center, you are quite well regarded by the matchmakers, Yasuki-sama." she says honestly. "For a lord of the bees such as yourself, you must have the run of the garden to pick flowers as you choose."

Her hand hovered near the sake bottle, for when her guest needed a refill.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:43 pm

"I suppose I am." Tomonaga said neutrally. "Not so well as others, of course, Doji-san." He inclined his head to her.

"Of course, regarded by the matchmakers isn't quite the same as regarded by the, errr, flowers." He said, tilting his chin upwards rather than blush at the mild misstep. "Still, I will admit to having hopes."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 pm

The Crane lifts her cup again.

"To hope then, Yasuki-sama." she toasts.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Tomonaga's lips twitched. "To hope, Doji-san." Lifting his cup, he took another slow drink.

Lowering his cup, he spoke again. "It sounds as though Doji-san has some hopes as well, then?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm

There is a demure shrug.

"One at least, but...."she offers. "Given how different the Unicorn are, a Doji bride seems to interest them little enough."

At least I hope that's it, and not that my clan is dying. she mentally added.

"And of yourself, Yasuki-sama?" I am curious what it takes to interest a man of standing such as yourself." she bats back, courtier style.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:15 pm

"Really?" Tomonaga said, his eyebrows going up. "I must admit, I find that difficult to believe, Doji-san." Now he did smile, just a little, a kindly one. "Perhaps not the Moto, but the others. The Shinjo, for instance." Indeed, Akil had seemed as though he would be an excellent fit with the Crane.

"Well, as you know, the Yasuki are very involved in matters of trade for the Crab." He gave her an apologetic smile. "While any connection with the Unicorn would be seen as positive, ideally I would find someone already involved in that. Among the Ide, for instance. Or perhaps some of the Iuchi." He took a sip of his sake.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Fukawa considered her next words very carefully.

"That is quite an ambitious dream, Yasuki-sama. Right now there is a great deal of attention being paid to how the Unicorn will culturally re-integrate into the Empire. But this is a great clan that has gone hundreds of years without taxes, without harvests, who have produced only what could be made with very little and carried upon horseback. Those reintegrations are going to prove just as challenging as the cultural ones, as they are intertwined with the cultural ones." she offers, curious to see what kind of man this Crab was.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Tomonaga swirled the sake in his cup a little. "Is it ambitious? It seems like the natural first step towards any more ambitious project. I've spoken with some of the Unicorn on the subject of integration, and their traditions. It's impressive how much innovation it must have taken to, as you said, produce only what, and with what, their horses could carry."

He stopped his study of his sake to look at Fukawa, blank affability evident on his handsome features. "That does certainly sound complicated. But I'm sure it will all work itself out." He said, smiling slightly, his eyes on Fukawa.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Fukawa dipped her head a bit.

"Ah, gomen, Yasuki-sama, I misunderstood you," she says apologetically. "While I understand that such things must happen, I thought from your words you envisioned yourself as being key to those plans. You are only wishing to trade with them once they are established?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Some of the blank affability faded away, to be replaced by a more thoughtful look, but the two seemed to be competing somewhat.

"Mmm, there's only a limited amount I feel I can say on the matter. Crane are the cultural experts of Rokugan." Tomonaga inclined his head. "I suppose to some extent, it becomes a question of whether cultural integration is required for establishing trade, or whether trade is required for re-establishing their culture. I might suggest the latter, in which case I think my answer is clear enough."

He spread his hands. "Either way, though, while I'd like my marriage to be a step in that direction, I suspect it will only be a small step at best."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts