[Day 5 - LM] Mourning is Terrible

[Day 5 - LM] Mourning is Terrible

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:19 am

The morning brought pain in many ways, word spread quickly among the Unicorn that Chi-Pu had fallen and that news put the Moto in a dark place, like the Shadow they had escaped. She was saddened to know her friend and comrade had come so far… yet elated she had died a hero.

It was bittersweet, more biter than sweet. She sits out front of her yurt, throwing small sticks on a fire that was more embers than open flame, she was a bit despondent and if not from the pain of her injuries she would be numb to the world.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Re: [Day 5 - LM] Mourning is Terrible

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 pm

The reports in the morning had been mixed. Some say a terrible monster had eaten the samurai before it was finally slain, others said the Unicorn had fought against a Celestial being that disapproved of the returning children of Shinjo.

But they all agreed on one thing; Otaku Chi-Pu had died.

Tomoe hadn't been a close friend of Chi-Pu, but Chi-Pu had trusted her and sought her out when she needed assistance. The least she could do was to offer her condolances to the Otaku's kin, and see if she could do anything to help.

Moving through the Unicorn camp, Khulun was the first one she saw... had she been fighting the monster too? "Moto-san," Tomoe's voice was firm as she approached Khulun. "I heard about... Otaku-san. I'm sorry for your loss." The rabbit bowed deeply.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:06 pm

She was elsewhere and for a moment was in a fog before she focused on the moment and said, “Rabbit-sensei…”

It took a moment to process words and she replied, “Otaku-nikutai is dead.” The little Hare had said as much and then she added, “She was a strong leader and sister in battle, we are less without her.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:10 pm

"... Did you fight by her side?" the rabbit asked cautiously, noticing that Khulun seemed injured. "I can see to your injuries, if you allow me."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:18 pm

“No, I should have been there, but only the Gods know if such would have made a difference. I had my own battles to face, and my own burdens to bear,” she says with a sigh.

“No need to stand on ceremony, if you can help I will accept.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Tomoe nodded. She had given her word to help the Unicorn however she was able, and if there was more dangers out there, the least she could do was to help Khulun.

"Otaku-sama was... I didn't know her well, only meeting her after the first attack, and then again with you, but she was a good and honorable woman from all I could see... I am sad I could not help her when she needed it the most."

Tomoe knelt down beside Khulun and began to take out her medical supplies that she always carried in the satchel with her.

---

Getting the rolls out of the way:
D5 LM Medicine/Int for Khulun. 1 raise. TN 20: 6d10o10k4 51
D5 LM Medicine healing for Khulun: 2d10o10k1 5 (goddamnit...)
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 pm

“She was older than most of us here to marry, and was fighting when many of us were still learning which end was the sharp one of a scimitar. When I came of age and could ride with the warriors she was often lead and I followed. I was probably the better rider, but she was firm and brave,” she says with a grim smile.

“She was there for m many times, and the time I am not there she dies. It weighs heavy on the soul.”

She nods at the aid and says, “Thank you, that gives me comfort.”

OOC: Not at 15 Wounds.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Tomoe worked on dressing Khulun's wound, which was thankfully a clean cut and not several bite or claw-marks.

"She is still with you, and your kin, now in spirit. The honorable dead stay with us and watch over us," the Hare offered in consolation. "I do not know how the Unicorn mourn their dead, but I wish to honor her memory."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:46 pm

"What do your people say?" she asks.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm

"It is different from clan to clan," Tomoe began. "The Crab honor their dead with boisterous celebrations of the lives they lived. while the Lion would have an Ikoma bard give an eulogy as they speak of the great deeds of the deceased."

"The Hare, we are quiet in our mourning, but we all gather together at our ancestral shrine to remember the dead. We are a small clan, so we do not need great storytellers to share how we lived or died... what is important is that we never forget them."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:01 pm

“I know within my line and family we honor our dead with stories, we keep them alive through retelling their glories. There is often not time for great funerals when we traveled especially during the Dark Ride, so we get on with it and share tales,” she says after listening.

“Perhaps it was naive to think things had changed since coming to the Green, but our lives are violence and death. I welcome it. Otaku-nikutai and I often raced to chase the wind, I pray she finally caught it before the end.”

“It took a mighty serpent to fell Otaku-Nikutai, that says much of her worth.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:10 pm

"Considering what she faced before, yes, it says much about her strength as a warrior," Tomoe nodded. "... It's sad that there is no reprieve for you yet, even after coming here. Your ride here was dangerous enough, and here, danger seems to lurk at every corner for you..."

The Oni, the messenger from the Onyx Champion, this large serpent... how much more misfortune could follow them here.

"I don't know what this serpent was, but it does not sound like something from your journey here... at least from what I was told."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:21 pm

“I never saw such a thing,” she says honestly.

“If danger comes for me then it will have a fight on its hands. Are such creatures common here in these lands, I feel a need to kill,” she says darkly.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm

"I have never heard of large serpents of that size being seen here before... I mean, there are some who dwell in the sea, but that is far away from here..." Tomoe really couldn't say for certain, as she hadn't seen the creature in question, but from the size people spoke of, it couldn't have been a Naga.

Most likely.

She'd probably have to scratch the lesson on the war against the Naga now, as someone had just died against a serpent-creature.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:09 pm

“She never knew the touch of a lover, and now she never will. She saved herself, and for what? Death is a jerk,” she says tossing a stick at the embers.

“Not even sure why that matters, my mood is foul this morning.”
Moto Khulun

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts