Serving the sought sake son (d5, LE, Fukawa's Yurt)

Serving the sought sake son (d5, LE, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 am

The most important guest for the day was to arrive last. Fukawa lit the lantern and opened the hinges all the way open. After much unsafe standing on a bucket and books, she managed to open the hole in the top of the yurt. She opened the front door of the yurt, because it was important to reveal that nothing naughty was going on. Five bottles of sake were lined up, like geisha awaiting a gesture from a lord.

Nothing was left to do, but wait for the honored guest.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Re: Serving the sought sake son (d5, LE, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 am

Crane. Why'd it have to be Crane?

Not that he disliked Crane, certainly. But they were often extremely difficult to read. And, as someone who preferred things to be a bit less formal, Crane meant extra effort, working harder, being on edge, to project the proper image. Not the sort of thing he wanted to deal with after a long day, and right after a funeral. Well, at least his clothes were automatically acceptable, his well-tailored kimono a rich dark blue, trimmed with grey.

None of this showed in his expression, of course, which was schooled to polite blankness. Tomonaga spotted the open yurt, his long stride taking him quickly to the entrance. It was open, but that didn't mean he could come in, of course.

Tomonaga bowed respectfully, standing outside the door. "Doji-san. Thank you for inviting me." He said, his tone formal. "I am Yasuki Tomonaga." His expression did brighten a shade as he spotted the sake. And noted that Fukawa was rather pretty.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:42 am

Fukawa bowed, lower than the Crab had bowed to her.

"Yasuki-sama, you honor me with your presence this evening." she said, her voice musical. "Please, come in and make yourself comfortable."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:01 am

"Thank you, Doji-san." He did so, moving perhaps just a touch stiffly as he settles into place.

Leaning forward, Tomonaga studied the bottles with a practiced eye, but made no comment, instead looking back to Fukawa. "I hope your day has been a pleasant one." He said politely, as much a question as a statement.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:24 am

An unpracticed eye would see five bottles of sake. The trained eye of a sake connoisseur would immediately note that none of the bottles were from the well known brands. The bottles' craftsmanship and calligraphy spoke immediately of the Crane. These bottles were likely all from various small sake works scattered through the Crane lands. Each of the bottles were inked with different colors. 'Sound of Bell Sake' read the yellow label. 'Summer Sea Sake' read the blue label. 'Maple Leaf Sake' read the orange label. 'Spring Breeze Sake' read the green label. 'Morning Star Sake' read the red label.

Either the Crane was very into obscure sake....or she had a lot of money to throw around impressing guests.

"It has been a busy one." she replied. "Even in a remote village like this one, wherever the clans gather, a good courtier does not miss a chance to find new friends."

She looks over to the Yasuki.

"I assume it has been a busy time for Yasuki-sama as well."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:37 am

Tomonaga nodded agreement. "Ah, so it has been productive for you, then? I am glad to hear it, Doji-san." He said.

"As for myself, yes, it has been quite busy. I won't bore you with the details, but friends are quite important to the Yasuki, as well. And with the return of the Unicorn, well." He paused a moment. "There has been a bit of a scramble. I am pleased to have this opportunity."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:49 am

Fukawa nods.

"Hai. The Unicorn have been wonderful hosts and are very friendly, but their return will certainly change the way things are. " she offers.

She gestures towards the sake bottles.

"Would Yasuki-sama care for some sake this evening?" she asks, politely.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 am

Tomonaga brightened just a touch, as he turned his attention towards the sake bottles. "Ah, thank you! That sounds wonderful. Although, I think I'll have to avoid mentioning this to my family. They might not approve." The joke is delivered dryly.

His eyes narrowed as he studied the bottles once more. "You have a very impressive collection of sake, Doji-san. I'm impressed. I'm familiar with the major Crane varieties, less so with the smaller artisanal ones."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Well, allow me to introduce them to you, Yasuki-sama, to let you have a better idea of which you might prefer. I will go from oldest brand to youngest.

Maple Leaf is a dry sake with a hint of apple notes and a sharp bite.

Spring Breeze is a very complex sake, with a surprising number of different notes within it, layered upon each other.

Morning Star is a perfectly balanced blend: Nihonshu-do, San-do, and Aminosan-do all exactly balanced.

Summer Sea is a sweet sake with just a hint of salt.

Sound of Bell is a very light sake with very pleasant flowery notes."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:53 pm

"How interesting." Tomonaga said, his lips twitching. For a time, he studied the bottles carefully, as though their exteriors might hold additional clues.

Finally, he leans back. "Normally, I would say Summer Sea, for this hour. However, I find myself drawn to Spring Breeze, at the moment. Complexity... intrigues me."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Fukawa nods.

"I thought that would be your choice. It's an intimidating blend for beginners, but for one such as yourself, I would expect you to have the discerning tastes needs to completely explore it." she says.

"Did you wish to use your own cup? I know it's a Scorpion tradition, but many beyond their clan find it fashionable to show off the artistry of their favorite cups." she asked.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:07 pm

"You speak as an expert. It sounds as though you have discerning tastes as well, Doji-san." He gave her a small bow.

Inclining his head, Tomonaga drew forth a cup. It is well made enough, but lacking any particular artistry. "I would, although not to display its artistry. But rather, it is my cup. I hope that does not sound strange to you, but I think it's similar to how your bed at home always feels more comfortable than the most luxurious bed elsewhere."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Fukawa nods, as she opens the bottle.

"That makes sense to me, Yasuki-sama. One always wishes for a taste of the familiar, especially when surrounded by the unfamiliar." she says, motioning to the leathers and furs the Unicorn seemed to take great glee in spreading about.

"Plus, it can remind you of all the other times it has seen in your service, dozens and dozens of 'Kampais' stretching back into faded memories." she says, pouring into his cup.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:04 pm

"Mmm." Tomonaga murmured in response. "Although I also consider myself interested in new experiences. I feel that I may be acquiring a taste for kumis, for instance. But perhaps new experiences are easier when paired with something familiar.

Her next comment brought a slight smile to his lips, although the way his eyes lit up, it was clear that it was heartfelt, likely politely restrained. "Well said, Doji-san. Although I worry that makes me seem like an old man, close to retirement, with his favored walking stick." His hand closes around his now full sake cup, although he waits, taking cues from his host.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:14 pm

The comment brought an almost laugh to the Doji one could perhaps catch in her eyes.

"Hmm, forgive me for saying so, but if Yasuki-sama is an old man, he is certainly the most youthful looking old man I have ever met." she says. "Perhaps Yasuki-sama simply has an old soul that has seen many turns on the wheel."

Having filled the Yasuki's cup, she pours into her own.

"A toast, Yasuki-sama?" she offers, giving him the chance to propose his own as the honored guest.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Next

Return to Northern Yurts