(D5 LM, Taira's Yurt) Benten is a Cruel Mistress

(D5 LM, Taira's Yurt) Benten is a Cruel Mistress

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:03 am

Yue had left Mizuki's room without much fanfare. It had been an awkward time, one that nearly marred the experience from the night prior. The Shinjo did not make any other stops before coming to the doctor's tent.

She was wearing her kimono, clean and proper despite last night's escapades. Her armor and tetsubo were delivered back to the yurt by her orders.

Outside his tent, she obeyed proper etiquette and scratched at his post. "Taira-dono, it is me, Yue."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D5 LM, Taira's Yurt) Benten is a Cruel Mistress

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:06 am

"Oh, come in."

Taira hadn't been expecting her, but he looked up from what he had been doing, repacking his satchel from his stores. "I wasn't expecting you. I just got back from a call. How can I help you?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:11 am

"I need to readdress my wounds," she stated. Yue walked inside and gave him a weak smile. That's not all, Yue. Sigh, it can wait... yeah.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:14 am

"Ah, of course."

He turned to face her, and noticed she'd gotten scrubbed up. Smiling, he added, "That was really something... I'm amazed you were able to keep fighting. I doubt I'd have kept standing after a bit like that..."

Kneeling, he began to sort his pack, adding, a little embarrassed, "I'll need to see the wounds... Those coagulants were good for the short term, but I need to clean the wound to prevent infection."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:20 am

"Bloodied, but unbroken," she said meekly. Liu Yue stood there and did not even think to remove her kimono to expose the wound.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:45 am

After a momentary pause, he said. "I will need to see the wound directly."

Rubbing at his nose, he added, "I have just tended to a horrible outbreak on your sister because she is, it seems, allergic to silk. I am only trying to help, Liu Yue-sama."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:50 am

Yue blushed and then nodded. She undid her hastily done obi and revealed just enough to maintain her modesty. "Arigatou, Taira-dono," she murmured, her eyes staying away.

Her eyes blinked. "My sister is allergic to silk?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 am

"So it would seem. I'm sure she can bore you with details."

Taira extracted small rags, dipped them in some liquid, he and dabbed the wound. It would sting, but not too badly.

"You really did get by... lucky."

Bandaging the wound was quick and easy, his supplies were already out, so he moved with a professional haste, so as not to make her any more uncomfortable than he needed. He also kept his gaze on the wound, and didn't let his eyes wander. He had some experience.

When he was done, he turned back to packing his satchel, so she could re-clothe herself.

"I still can't believe what happened. It feels... surreal. I still need to check in on the Mantis... I'm giving her time to rest, I'll go by this afternoon."

----------

Passed with 2 raises http://orokos.com/roll/507834
7 healed http://orokos.com/roll/507837

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:04 am

Yue did not allow herself to squeal when her wound was addressed. She kept her expression stoic for more reasons than one. "It was surreal," she confirmed, her voice a bit distant. "Arigatou."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:08 am

"It is nothing. I'm just glad you are going to be ok."

The sound of clay clinking punctuated his words, as he sorted and packed, reloading his satchel after it had been exhausted by use.

His yurt really was barren, with only the provided furniture, the stacks of medical supplies, and his armor, neatly laid out so it could be worn quickly.

"Sometimes... fate can be cruel. I'm glad it was merciful, in the end, to those of use who remain."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:13 am

"Hai. Fate is cruel, Taira-dono." Yue finished her haphazard job of tying up her obi. She helped herself to take a seat and motioned for him to the same. "I need to talk to you," she stated, her voice only slightly wavering.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:15 am

He paused, up to his elbows in satchel.

"Ok I'm listen..."

Her tone registered, and he stopped, glancing her way.

"Something serious?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 am

A samurai is not beholden to Fear. A samurai is not beholden to Fear.

Yue motioned again for him to take a seat. "Please, Taira-dono. It is serious."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:22 am

Taira moved to the seat, taking it in silence.

It was, it seemed, a skill he had learned as a scorpion child. How to listen.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 am

"I am not sure where to begin." Yue turned her eyes to him and sighed. "I could not have asked for a better man to fight alongside with last night." That was true. The only samurai Taira was beneath was her sister, Fei. She looked right into his eyes. "You must know I am being sincere. You can see it in my eyes," she remarked, referencing their conversation on the plains.

She lowered her eyes. Instinctively, her hand wanted to take one of his. But despite their prior bout of wrestling, it felt alien to touch him. "Taira-dono, there is something you must know about me."

I confessed my love to a Yogo woman last night and then bedded her.

The Shinjo swallowed. "I trust you with my life." She shook her head, disgusted with her own stalling. "I believe you trust me with yours. Therefore, I must be completely honest with you, Taira-dono."

No, he doesn't need the whole truth. That would only hurt Mizuki. Just what I settled to do.

Her eyes turned away from him. I could use some kumis, maybe some of his sake. No, no. No more stalling.

She let out a strained gasp, her On a forsaken memory. "I am not a good suitor. I am not worthy of you. However, I want you to marry me." She shut her eyes and turned her head away. "But I cannot love you like a wife should. And for that, I am deeply ashamed and saddened."

I thought I understood the monk's lesson. But Benten-no-Kami makes no sense to me right now.

"I have feelings for another woman, Taira-dono. That has happened before and I foresee it happening again until the day I die. It is unfair for me to ask you to choose me with this knowledge. However, I am compelled to do so."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Next

Return to Northern Yurts