Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:16 am

Saksaha pulls her buckskin mare back to a slow walk as they approach, then begin to circle, the ragged crater in the middle of the fields. She had heard something about the incident out here because of the death in the Clan, though happily for her (relatively speaking) Dong-Ha has taken the ritual responsibilities in charge this time after she'd managed poor Iuchi Tareef a few days back. One corpse per Iuchi is more than enough. In fact (she makes a sign against unluck), if there's none at all for little Batul it will still be too many.

But what's really drawn her out here is not the death, but the rumors of a curse flying about in the village. If there's really some kind of ill-luck lingering here, it needs to be confined or driven off; if not, this too should be known, so that the people won't worry themselves over it. She guides her mare carefully around the edge of the crater, wary about riding too close lest the tortured earth give out under Gio's hoofs and send them both into the muddy water.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Re: Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:35 am

Rumours about curses? That's the kind of place where a Yogo should definitely go.

Yuichi goes to the western fields to investigate the supposedly cursed place. People often exaggerate about cursed places because they don't know what is to be cursed for real. Yogo family members know better.

But with the recent death of a spirit, or water dragon, or whatever the rumours say, investigating this place could yield some results.

The Yogo went on foot so it was a bit dificult to travel across all the mud and water but Yuichi didn't care about his clothes. He noticed that a Unicorn rider was already there. Probably some sort of scout or something like that. He approached and bowed.

'' Konnichi-wa Unicorn-san. I'm Yogo Yuichi. Has Inari-no-kami blessed you today? '' He presented himself a bit more formally than usual.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:09 am

Saksaha starts to bow from horseback, then realizes she doesn't know this masked interloper's rank or how touchy he is about being loomed over. Most Unicorn would not care, but he's not Unicorn. So she swings easily down from the mare's back, with a swirl of embroidered woolen skirts and a clinking of amulets, to return his bow at ground level.

"Hello, Yogo-san. I am Iuchi Saksaha. Good day to you." She smiles a little uncertainly--the more so because she can't see much of his expression behind that mask--and says, "Inari-no-kami? That's the fox-fortune, is it not? I saw some weasels yesterday, but..."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 am

Of course this gaijin woman wouldn't know about traditional Rokugani customs. Yuichi sighs as once again he has to explain common etiquette to people. He was slowly but steadily turning into a Crane, or so he thinks.

'' Asking if you had recieved Inari's-no-kami blessings is a common phrase in the Empire used when you meet with someone, Iuchi Sak...Sak... Iuchi-san'' He was not going to try to pronounce her name.

Now to explain about theology.

'' But that's correct, Inari-no-kami is the patron of foxes but he is better known as the Fortune of rice and good harvest. So when someone ask if you had rice, or similar type of phrases is just another way to ask 'How's your day?'. He calmly explained to her.

An Iuchi? hmm... she also carries a lot of trinkets and items. Perhaps that things are what they call meishodo?... He wondered interested, but for now he does not make any comment about it.

'' So... are you here to investigate these rumours about the place, Iuchi-san?'' He asked.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:36 am

"Oh, so this is another way of asking the rice question." Saksaha nods, not seeming to actually need the full explanation once she's been given this single missing bit of context. "Well, I have eaten, thank you. Just not rice. I hope you are well also, Yogo-san."

Propping one small hand on her hip and using the other to guard her eyes from the diffuse but bright light shining through the cloud cover overhead, she turns to look over the crater again. Of course, on foot, she can barely see over the lip of the thing from here. "Yes. I came to see if it is true there is bad luck here. Well, um, if I can."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:48 am

Yuichi nods.

'' I see...'' The Scorpion crosses his arms inside his robes. '' Well, I came here for the same reason. Probably this is just a hoax or some peasants' superstition but I heard that some of your clanmates killed a spirit, or a dragon, or something like that yesterday. So perhaps there's some truth behind those rumours.'' He says.

Yuichi inspected the woman.

'' Are you a priestess, Iuchi-san? I heard that the Iuchi are the theological advisers to the Unicorn clan.'' He asked while observing the surroundings.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 am

Towards the edge, an Imperial looked on. Curious, as he'd heard rumours and whisperings about this new site. The other samurai recieved a bow
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 am

They came, Shimizu Ryori and Matsu Kyra arrive at the edge of the crater, Kyra is... Unhappy with the new land feature snarling in it's direction, Ryori is, pensive and reservered. He nods seeing the Iuchi and approaches her.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:02 am

Odd rumors apparently drew all sorts, including the lone Shiba of the miai. He bowed to those present as a quiet greeting and looked around. Otaku Chi-Pu is dead, something was fought that injured several others, and a new lake. He had no other idea what was going on, but it was interesting if potentially dangerous. Seeing Saksaha he followed the Lion, after all it is her Clan that suffered the greatest loss and it was their land. Not sure what to say he figured he would go with the flow.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:46 am

Yuuru jogged back along a ridge over looking the large pool of water after finishing his map-drawing for the day. Seeing a collection of people, he headed over to see what was the matter.

This thing wasn't here yesterday was it?

He walked to the side of the Yogo and Saksaha and turned to his clansman, "So... what is going on here today?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto al-Kalb on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 am

While it was true any lingering dangers were likely spiritual and not physical but al-Kalb was still not going to risk allowing kin to explore danger without proper company. Still he dressed in his full armor, his tread heavy, and had his axe slung easily over one shoulder as he approaches.

"Saksaha." He notes the presence of the Rokugani and remembers his recent lesson, "Um... Iuchi-san... let me know if you need anything." He offers a very sketchy bow towards the others present.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Hellhound • War Dog Overseer • Massive • Savage

Carries: Furs and leathers, daisho, coin purse
Where appropriate: Heavy Armor, ono, no-dachi, two war dog pups

Description
Moto al-Kalb

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:52 am

Earlier, they had ultimately decided to leave the water alone and went off to hunt properly. Sarangerel and Noburu had wanted no part of the crater. With the hunt over, however, Kemuri had sent his horse back to the stables and returned to the odd little lake. It seemed others had gathered to investigate. He went to join them.

"Mina-sama, how can I help?"
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:55 pm

"Yes I am," Saksaha confirms to Yuichi right before a whole host of other folks come riding up.

Since they're nearly all people she knows at least slightly, she's able to greet and, as necessary, introduce everyone, though seeming a touch socially overwhelmed. She hobbles her mare and turns her off to graze a little way from the crater so she doesn't have to find a place to tie her--not really likely hereabouts--and then ranges a little closer to the crater lip. "It is said a great beast like a dragon fell from the sky and made this before warriors slew it last night. This was unlucky for the beast, and unlucky for the brave shiotome it took with it into death. But it does not follow that this place must be a place of ill omen." She glances back at Yuichi and the others. "I want to determine if it is safe, in the bodily world and the spirit one, or whether we must direct everyone to avoid it." Which they certainly are not doing right now.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:11 pm

"The animals don't seem to like it." Kemuri offered. "There is even less game nearby then there has been. Not a single weasel, even. Sarangerel and Matsu Kogo-sama's lion, Noboru, refused to remain near it earlier this morning."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:24 pm

"Kyra seems suspicious of it, " he confirms, "Iuchi san, I am here to serve our hosts as needed, I am very sorry for your loss. I will stay out of your way unless I can be of aasistance in some way, I am well read in various subjects but no expert scholar."

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Next

Return to Orochi's Fall