(D4 EE, Suteichi's Yurt) The Little Sister

Re: (D4 EE, Suteichi's Yurt) The Little Sister

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:13 am

I am an apprentice courtier. I just can't up and travel on a whim."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 am

The Shinjo nodded. "What about the future, Suteichi-san?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:26 am

"I try not to dwell on it. The future has its own worries. I'd much rather live for today and do what I can with the day that I have. Make everyday count...as it were."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 am

"You are doing so at the miai," Yue reinforced with a smile. "My sister will make a good wife! I am sure I do not need to remind you of that."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 am

Suteichi nodded and smiled at Liu Yue. "I thank you for that. Perhaps after this Miai, her and I will go and travel the empire. We both can then learn it together." he thought on that for a moment. "Your sister is very special. It's kind of funny, I am the Scorpion and she managed to sting me." he quipped and took a sip of tea.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:01 pm

"Sting?" Yue repeated. She thought on his choice of words and then took a deep breath. A Scorpion and her sting. That is one way to put it.

"I hope you have many adventurers with her, Suteichi-san," she said. Her voice was mixed with both hope and grief. The reasons why were obvious to anyone who knew the younger sister. "She is special."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:14 pm

"You have reservations?...Don't you? It's fair to have them. You and Liu Fei-san have looked after one another for a long time right?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Yue gave a soft smile. "You have done nothing wrong, Suteichi-san. I would feel the same about any man." She nodded. "We are a powerful team on the battlefield. I cannot imagine riding without her."

And yet, she would be forced to do so in the coming hour.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:17 pm

"So she feels a way for me then?!" he raised an eyebrow to her letting her know of her choice of wording.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:21 pm

The younger sister perked a brow. "I thought that was obvious, Suteichi-san. She," the woman replied until she thought on what the man meant. Instead of speaking more, she decided to fill her mouth with more food.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Suteichi sat back with a bit of satisfaction.

"Easy on those sweets. They can tell on you later. Especially the daifuku. Red bean paste in overconsumption could...make a mess of things." He reached for his teacup and pot. Refilling his cup he asked, "you were in the middle of a thought, please continue."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Liu Yue was not going to be drawn back into that conversation without a fight. "Tell me more about red bean paste, please," she requested with a bow. She then took her tea cup and drank it as she stared at him.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Stick to swinging the tetsubo, leave conversation to the professionals.

"Red bean paste is sweet. Like your sister. The subject that you were originally here to discuss. The discussion that now you seem so eager to dismiss. In some social cases that would be considered rude and I know that you are not a rude person. You are warrior with a gentle soul. Come now, there is no one here. No danger or anything. Our discussion is our own. You have no need of worry to think that your words will go back to your sister." Suteichi placed his soft hand on hers as she reached for another daifuku.

"You are safe with me. You came here to find out who I am and if I will rightly see to your sister. Your information would only strengthen my success in not only being a right provider for her but also being her confidant. There is no betrayal here. Just simple conversation."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Why is he being so... so... AGH.

Yue retracted her hand and kept it at her lap. "My sister," she said, her eyes lowered. "My sister is a warrior too. However, I would not call her gentle." She let out a nervous giggle.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:06 pm

"Yes. Your sister is proud and fiery warrior. A fire that attracted this moth to her flame." He leaned a little closer. "I just want to know if her embers burn for me? Simple question." he smiled.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts