(Day 3, LA) Tell Me That in Verse (Yuki's Yurt, Closed)

Re: (Day 3, LA) Tell Me That in Verse (Yuki's Yurt, Closed)

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:47 pm

Butaj laughs with her. "Butaj would kidnap only the one he would know that she wants it. If she puts up a playful fight it is only an opportunity for Butaj to show how he can be both strong and gentle."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:19 am

Yuki giggled and blushed more, reaching for some paper to cover her face with as she lacked quick access to her fan. "Well, what I said of Matsu still stands. They have a reputation of not being ones to be taken, willing or not."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:35 am

"Butaj handled Matsu Yurio today just fine. He is not a woman, but almost as pretty, so perhaps it counts? Besides, with a wild and strong companion like Huludai kidnapping onto saddle is even easier!" Butaj laughs. "But Butaj is reluctant to switch his interests to a Matsu bride just to prove a point." He looks at Yuki intently, wondering why she hides her face despite being so pretty, but he recalls it is a cultural thing.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:24 am

Yuki giggled at Butaj saying the Matsu looked pretty enough to be a girl. She paused though, at the next words and smiled behind the paper. "Hai, I think chosing a bride just to prove a point wouldn't end well for you, or the bride. That would be unlikely to be a blessed marriage."

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:59 am

Butaj nods. "Love is a big word, but Butaj thinks tender feelings and interest in each other are important. The Unicorn believe that it is hard to have a good marriage without them. Hence Butaj keeps his heart open, hoping for tender feelings to take hold between him and his future bride. Butaj believes in that the best kidnapping is when the bride wants to be kidnapped." He smiles on gentler note, rubbing his stubble in thought, his other hand reaching to his back for an instrument as if music was an answer to his state of mind.

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 am

"If you're going to abduct my Cousin, Moto-san, I'd be obliged if you at least let some of her kin know first. It would avoid confusion and, who knows?" Hirase, who was following this all with his head down again, was smirking a bit. "Maybe by the time the miai ends I might even ride well enough to act as your second in the matter and not ruin things by falling off first thing."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:01 am

Yuki could not find the words to respond to statements about love. She instead found a little solace in completely hiding her now bright red face behind the sheet of paper, even as she worried that the heat now radiating from her face may set it aflame.

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:39 pm

"If such thing comes to pass, Butaj will be happy to ride with Asako Hirase." Butaj nods. "It is too early for Butaj to ask Asako Yuki if she would like to be abducted. Butaj will broach this subject later, if pairing kurultai goes well for us both and tender feelings between us become more apparent." Seeing Yuki fully covered by the paper sheet, he decides to tease a little. "Must be quite the poem if Asako Yuki reads it from up close."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:49 pm

"I don't. Umm, I've never been abducted on a horse. I don't... ummm." The girl murmured.

"Yes!" She called out, a little too loudly, jumping on any change of topic. "Err, that is to say. I'm just... examining my work. Making certain the lines are... neat." She finished, more subdued again.

Asako Yuki

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Trying to let Yuki regain composure, Hirase looked up again.

"Did you encounter any interesting calligraphy styles in your travels? New tools, perhaps, or different types of embellishment?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Butaj frowns, a little embarrassed, but soon regains his smile. "Butaj has never paid particular attention to those. Most things among the Unicorn are passed through oral traditions."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Using the paper to fan herself, Yuki slowly lowered it. Her face, from the tip of her nose to her ears was still a bright pink. She glanced at a box among her supplies, but promised herself that she would partake to help calm her nerves after this was done.

"Maybe next time we can practice calligraphy then?" She added, looking at Butaj with a smile meant for him.

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:23 am

Butaj's smile fades a little, but he nods. "If it pleases Asako Yuki, Butaj will try his best." Her smile helps his to climb back to the happy registers. When next times are being spoken of, is it time to depart? Butaj thinks it probably is. "You both have those issues to discuss, so maybe Butaj will leave you to it for now?" He looks between both Asako.

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 am

"The matter is not urgent at the present time, though I do have to go and collect Ichiro for supper soon." Hirase smiled back at the other man. "A hungry child is an irritable child and no one wants that."

Asako Hirase

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Yuki made a little "Oh!" noise at hearing that Ichiro had not yet eaten. "I hope that is not on my account, Hirase-san."

She glanced back at Butaj then. "It has been lovely to have you, Moto-san. You already seem well enough acquainted with poetry, and I hope it will do you some good in the future." Little did she realize it would end up messing him up.

Asako Yuki

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts