Lesson Number One (Day 4, Late Morning)

Re: Lesson Number One (Day 4, Late Morning)

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:52 am

“No, I did not wish to interrupt your intimate moment, carry on Sayyed,” she says honestly.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:25 pm

"Intimate moment?" Yue repeated. She swallowed her embarrassment and brushed herself off after her fall. "What is the next lesson, Taira-dono?"

She looked over to her sister, wondering what sort of opinion Fei had made so far.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Taira took a slow breath, wondering if this was how the Moto repaid kindness.

"I thought I might show you some kata to practice, which may help you build muscle memory."

Glancing at the Moto, he shrugged. "If you wish, I can show you the stance and motions."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:08 pm

"You're here for my cousin, I'm just enjoying the dance," she says lightly.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Yue scratched the back of her head. "Show me, Taira-dono," she requested meekly.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 pm

"Of course."

Settling into a simple stance, legs shoulder width apart, he lifted his hands, and then began a series of slow movements, flowing from form to form. It was not like some training stances which focused on musculature, but rather a series of practical motions, deflecting, twisting the arm and body in ways which might foil common grabs, and, primarily, footwork to control distance and balance.

He walked through the motion twice, so she could get a good idea, explaining each motion as he went.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Throughout the exercise, Yue found it prudent to ask about any kata that seemed difficult if not impossible to do with her impediment. She was never teasing nor accusatory with it. She simply wished to be as effective as she could. "There are many different techniques, Taira-dono," she admitted, clearly impressed with his skill. "My technique with my tetsubo is often," she trailed off, searching for the Rokugani words. "I focus on crushing my opponents."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Taira nodded. "Hai, it is a weapon well suited to applying force to the right place, and in excess."

Looking at his hands, the faint callouses, he shrugged. "Without the weight of such a weapon, we must learn how to use other tools, including the body of ourselves, and our enemies."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:13 pm

"Sou desu ka." Yue cupped her chin in thought. "Do you use your fists sooner than your katana, Taira-dono? I wield my sword in the case that I am without my tetsubo." She let out a small chuckle. "And I will use my fist in the absence of a blade."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:18 pm

This was about as exciting as watching kumis ferment, but it was what it was. She had finished her training for now and had nowhere to really be at the moment. There had been mild violence and now there was talking and back patting… needs more violence.
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Taira nodded. "As I said before, I usually attempt to avoid killing my enemies, as they usually are useful to me alive. At least, until the magistrate had given his verdict. After that, their death is the executioner's duty."

Stretching, he added, "I know it will seem ineffective to a battlefield soldier, but in the back alleys, the warehouses, the... ... barges... ... it can be difficult to use any weapon larger than a knife, my hands and feet are weapons I can always rely on."

He actually felt limbered up enough that he wondered if anyone else wanted to try a match with him.

"I actually feel nice and awake now... I could go for some bariqu if Moto Butaj were here, I somehow keep missing a match with him..."

Rolling out his neck, he glanced about the dojo, looking for dummies to drill on.

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:34 pm

"Hai." The younger Shinjo scratched the back of her head. The idea of tracking someone down through alleyways or otherwise was a foreign concept to her. All of her battles were on horseback with intent to kill.

She then perked her brow. "You can face me again, Taira-dono," she stated. However, there was a faint hesitance in her voice. Am I not a good enough sparring partner for him? Well, I'm not trained in bariqu...

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 pm

“Sayyed Butaj is a stallion and is in high demand, it is known,” she replies with a smirk.

“Maybe Rabbit-sensei can give you a challenge?” she adds glancing to the Hare.
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Hai." The younger Shinjo scratched the back of her head. The idea of tracking someone down through alleyways or otherwise was a foreign concept to her. All of her battles were on horseback with intent to kill.

She then perked her brow. "You can face me again, Taira-dono," she stated. However, there was a faint hesitance in her voice. Am I not a good enough sparring partner for him? Well, I'm not trained in bariqu...

“Your dance partner still has fire in her though, best you quench it before seeking another,” she says.
Last edited by Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Glancing at Liu Yue, he smiled. "In the Soshi dojo, we usually rotate partners after a single bout. We aren't allowed to adapt to any fighter from multiple fights in a row, so we learn to adapt on the fly. I would be glad to continue practice with you, but I think you would benefit more from some time with the kata, and once you have let it sink in, I would be glad to spar with you again so you can feel it in action."

With a small bow, he added, "I would be willing to spar if you still wish to test yourself, and if you prefer, we could perform a more open form of sparring."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:44 pm

"Sou desu ka," she replied, even more sheepish. She scratched the back of her head. "I will watch your bout with another, Taira-dono. I will observe and follow your techniques as I practice them."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo