[D4 LA] Serving Tea II: Electric Boogaloo (Amaya's Yurt)

Re: [D4 LA] Serving Tea II: Electric Boogaloo (Amaya's Yurt)

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 am

"I am in the same predicament. My family has presented their events and I did not perform to expectations. The displays required will only stray further from what limited abilities I possess. I can only hope that I am able to form a strong enough impression on a suitable man or men that someone feels inclined to choose me."

"Have none of my sisters stood out to you yet? The Unicorn can be quick to judge, and slow to change their opinion. If you aren't careful, you may find your future wife is smitten with another."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:16 am

Taira raised an eyebrow at that. "How do you mean?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:23 am

She frowned slightly, "Unicorn are not given to contemplation. I imagine that a number of my fellow Clan have already started to line up their preferences, though the ma-ai isn't even half over." Like you have? she scolded internally, hypocrite.

"If I am over-stepping my bounds, I apologise, Soshi-Sama. I am merely curious."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 am

"Oh, it is fine."

I think.

"I have met several, and I think struck up a camaraderie with some. What that means, in regards to the miai, I do not know, but it seems... foolish to court benten's blessing when we might be sent to opposite ends of the empire, immediately after."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:39 am

"You do not hope to marry for love? or perhaps you would prefer not to? I would have thought a mutual fondness would bode well for the success of even the most political marriage, even if that is all you are pursuing." She thought back to the meeting she'd attended that morning, perfunctory, and to the point, a business transaction.

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 am

Taira sighed. "I would like to, absolutely."

He crossed his arms, drumming his fingers on his fore-arm. "I simply must be realistic... and avoid falling too deeply into sentiment before I even know who I will marry. I hope that whoever I marry, I can learn to love them deeply."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 am

This appeared to satisfy her, "indeed, the choosing aspect of the matter complicates things. I feel as though my heart is being false, trying to pay court to more than one man. But I realise the need to be practical in this matter. It is looking unlikely that I will be choosing my spouse, I must do what I can to see that I am selected by someone I could grow to love."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Taira considered that.

"I would like to think I am having some impact in the same goal, but it feels... arrogant... to think I am."

After all, she was far above his station, and the other woman he was growing fond of was... well... not going to be choosing.

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 pm

She smiles wryly, "you are quite right, it does feel arrogant, doesn't it? More tea?"

After a moment, "if you'll excuse my boldness, I have enjoyed your company and your conversation, and I believe that I would find time with you to be very pleasant. I hope that the one you favour has you in their heart, I should like to see you find a match that would make you happy."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:19 pm

That brought a faint smile.

"Well, Otaku-sama is hard to read."

Then he realized he had said that out loud.

Face a bit pink, he plowed on. "I'm certainly hopeful, otherwise. The other maidens I am getting to know are... admirable in many ways. Likewise, I hope Ide-san can find a match which will bring her a lasting happiness. After all, it is a lifetime that will follow."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:25 pm

"Thank you for your good wishes. And the conversation. It has been an enjoyable change of pace to take tea and speak with someone simply for the enjoyment of it. And I won't tell anyone of your slip," she smiles kindly, "your secrets will always be safe here."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:38 pm

A soft sigh. "Most Rokugani would rather you not mention it at all, if you didn't intend to make an issue of it." That was a pointer, offered as... thanks?

His lips quirked into a tiny smile. "Perhaps you might mention one of those you favor? We can share a secret each?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:46 pm

She snorts, a tiny and delicate sound, "to politely say nothing is as good as bond that your words will be spread as far as the winds can carry them the moment you are out of earshot. I'd rather have friends and allies I trust."

She poured herself a fresh cup of tea, and refreshed Taira's cup. "There is one in particular who has captured my attentions. I met one of the Imperial men by chance after the welcome feast. He has been extremely kind to me."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Oh?

Taira raised an eyebrow. "Imperial? That would be a fine match indeed." He took a sip of tea, appreciating the flavor, which he'd had less of lately, to his chagrin.

"Especially if you both get along, it could be a very fine match."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:57 pm

"One can hope. Not that I particularly care about the status of my betrothed, I'd rather be happy than well positioned. Still, the Fortunes shall have their way with us all in the end. I must remember to temper my hope with realism." Liar, a little voice in her head hissed.

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts