D4 LE Silent Thunder

D4 LE Silent Thunder

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:46 am

The storm rages with thunder and lightning crashing, the shrine gives little protection, the lee of the ancient arch and the hill providing only minimal wind and rain block to the young lion who kneels before the altar. He is for once alone, Kyra does not like the rain and is held up in the Yurt and the young Lion is not worried she will explore without him while the rain falls. As the sound of thunder crashes against the hillside Royori removes a small ancestor statue from his pack, but it is not the normal one he usually carries. It is not Lady Matsu, the Lion Thunder currently guards his sister. This one is part of the same set, but much rarer, cast by Kitsu artisans traditionally only because tradition required it.

Otaku sits on the altar of the shrine of the Emerald Champion, as the Lion prays and thunder crashes, the Ki-Rin thunder sits silent vigil over the shrine now belonging once again to her people.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Re: D4 LE Silent Thunder

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:20 am

As the lightning cracks over the night sky, it illuminates a figure a few steps ahead of the Lion. It is hard to tell, but one could say the statue Ryori placed at the altar took life.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:01 am

It's rare for Ryori to be out and about without someone he trusts to watch his back. As he finishes his prayers he takes a moment then without rising turns to glance around, when he catches the shadowed form in the darkness he pauses the night, the shadows and his state of mind making what few missing connections there are.

"Otaku-domo?"

//What's she gonna do, answer you? Shes mute moron!//

"My apologies, I..."

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 pm

"It is me, Kitakuhime."

A thunder strikes down, dampening the sound of her voice to near inaudibility. She puts a hand near her mouth and speaks louder. "How are you, Shimizu-san?"

--
Family name correction
Last edited by Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:33 pm

He smiles softly realizing his mistake, then waits a moment before looking to see why Kyra does not answer, remembering she isn't here he smiles again at his foolishness. "I am well, what brings you out on such a night, Kitakihime-sama?"

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:36 pm

"Guidance." She says, looking down to the dueling grounds underneath. "You?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:37 pm

"The same, though the ancestor I am consulting is not talking to me, of course she is not technically mine."

He nods to the small statue on the shrine.

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:41 pm

The Otaku heir smiles even under heavy rain. "She's rather silent, yet her words carried much wisdom."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:19 pm

"The priests of my clan can commune with our ancestors for guidance more often then those of others clans can, it is thier special talent. They pride themselves on the accuracy of thier representations, I always wondered if the ancestors were really vain enough to care what we thought they looked like, or if it was our intention in the prayer that really mattered"

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:44 pm

"We are made of the combined strengths of our ancestors. I do not know if they care, but I do believe that looking similar to them is an both an honor and a sign of respect."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:34 pm

He nods "The Lion have not made many Ki-Rin ancestor statues in recent years, but I was able to find two my clan's priest still create often, on the way here I noticed your reaction to Lady Matsu, so when we stopped at the last major Lion town on our journey I made a trip to the market to collect a gift for you."

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:57 pm

The rain pour down even more violently, and she rubs her forehead trying to define which was more dangerous, a Lion offering a gift or a torrential storm.

"Shimizu-san shouldn't have bothered with gifts. Being able to talk during this miai is gift enough."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:26 pm

"It is something my clan has more held in trust for yours for when your eventual return.
You can think of it as a restoration of that which belongs to you instead of a gift if that makes you feel better."

He does frown at the rain though as it gets heavier.

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 pm

She nearly chuckles with the irony. "Haven't you gifted enough to the Unicorn?"

Kitakuhime extends an arm, waving off any ideas to continue with his offer. "As kind as Shumizu-san want to be, I cannot accept more from the Lion."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:She nearly chuckles with the irony. "Haven't you gifted enough to the Unicorn?"

Kitakuhime extends an arm, waving off any ideas to continue with his offer. "As kind as Shumizu-san want to be, I cannot accept more from the Lion."

He smiles "I was able to get two ancestor statues forged by the Kitsu, one of Otaku," he waves to the altar, "One of Shinjo, tomorrow I plan to gift Chi-pu-sama with Shinjo when we meet, as a thank you to her, Otaku was for you. She isn't exactly going to talk to me anyway" he smiles, "You could always accept the offer on behalf of your family if it makes you feel better"

Shimizu Ryori

Next

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion