(D4 EE, Suteichi's Yurt) The Little Sister

Re: (D4 EE, Suteichi's Yurt) The Little Sister

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:26 am

"You're a fighter and survivor. Two traits that I definitely empathize with. I am sure there are others among my clan who would not only empathize but also admire those traits. Perhaps I can be of some...assistance?!"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:31 am

"Is it that obvious that I need assistance?" She gave a hearty chuckle. "My name is at the bottom of the list of suitors," she explained. She munched down on her chinsuko with the same amount of gusto.

Her expression eventually turned more serious. "I am not sure what to ask for, Suteichi-san." She gave a weak smile. "I do not know of another Bayushi man present at the miai. I would like to stay close to my sister." Her thoughts turned to Taira, to Yuichi, to the other Scorpion she had met. "It may suit me to marry into the same Clan."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:33 am

"Soshi Taira-san is a good man as is Soshi Bantu. I trust you have met them both?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:36 am

"Hai. I have met both of them." Yue stretched out her arm for a brief moment. "I have met with Taira-dono more often. Today he was teaching me how to wrestle. The day before I was teaching him to ride a horse."

She paused and then looked at him coyly. "Should I teach you instead of my sister? I am not sure if she has the patience to do so."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:39 am

"Hmmm... She would be ok with this?"

Riding a horse...well, if I am courting a Shinjo I better learn to saddle up and ride.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:46 am

Yue gave another hearty laugh. "I would not expect her to be, Suteichi-san. What may work better is asking her to teach you herself. She may make an exception for you."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:00 am

"Fair enough. I will ask her. I am already preparing to learn the sword from an associate of mine. Adding horseback riding should help things to my favor or have more of her favor. "
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 pm

"Excellent!" Yue looked to the top of the yurt in thought. "I imagine she will figure out that I recommended it to you, Suteichi-san."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Suteichi smiled faintly.

"I meant what I said. I will do whatever I can to court Liu Fei-san."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:37 pm

"Good!" Yue was clearly pleased by that notion before she gobbled down more snacks. When she was done, a thought came to her mind. "How fares Yogo Mizuki-dono?" She did her best to keep her tone from sounding too interested.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:12 pm

It was goood thing that Suteichi had finished washing up before Yue arrived. Had it been earlier she would have probably caught the scent of Mizuki in the room. He kept his composure at the sound of Mizuki's name. The woman he first had come to love had a hold on him. Before him was the sister of the woman who chose. His feelings were conflicted. His stepmother warned him about his feelings.

"Yogo-sempai is well. She is focused on this Miai." he answered without giving away anything. "Liu Yue, what else is that you wish to know of me? Surely you want to know more about the man who may become part of the family." he returned to sipping his tea.

"Oh and please, have more chinsuko." he offered.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Yue did not have a single hint about Suteichi's earlier escapade. Her nose was trained to be inefficient after her immolation. She was not capable of sensing any glimpse of discomfort in him. Instead, when he changed the subject, her only thought was that she herself wanted to press more but she could not. "That is good," was all she said on the subject of Mizuki.

"I believe it is more likely that my sister becomes a part of your Family," she stated as a matter of fact. Still, she smiled. "I know what you mean, Suteichi-san." She thought on it for a moment until a curiosity came ot mind. "Why do you wear your mask? The particular one. The one that you chose."

As for the chinsuko, Yue planned on eating all of it until stopped.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Hmmm!

Suteichi rather liked the fact that she asked about his particular choice of mask as opposed to just asking "Why do Scorpion wear masks?!" He politely answered.

"My choice of mask shows duality. The portion that shows my skin the most is the yin. The portion that covers is the yang. There is push and pull in us all. There are two sides to each of us. We have the side that is presented to the public, the face, the On. The side that all can see and accept. Then there is the private side. The side where we all have something covered, something hidden. We do not share this side yet every now and then, when the moment strikes, we show some of that side and that side scares people. It is the raw nature of one's being. It could be attractive. It could be beautiful. It could be deadly. It could be something...monstrous. We could be a blessing or we could be a curse."

He leaned forward just a little to her and whispered.

"In truth some of the worlds most dangerous monsters and demons are not on the other side of the Wall in the south, they walk amongst us daily. Some show the side of the smile to your face while the hidden side is waiting for an opportunity to watch you fall. Some who visit you, break bread with you, live amongst you and yours enjoying all the hospitality that you provide and yet all the while they are plotting against you. They could be holding on to something against you for however how long, a year perhaps, and at the right moment..." he slapped the table abruptly, "they show you that they were never your friend, your lover, your family. They show you how monstrous and full of lies they are. My mask represents that while we all smile, we all have something to hide."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Hm. I suppose he has a point. I try to be honest but even I maintain my On.

And then he began to sink insidious thoughts into her head. She stopped chewing on her mouthful of food as he leaned in. Is he implying...?

The slam brought her back to reality. She swallowed the food in her mouth and then looked at him blankly. "What?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:50 pm

*sigh*

"There are two sides to us all. The one we show and the one we hide."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts