Trade Summit (D4 LA, outside Ide Samai's yurt)

Trade Summit (D4 LA, outside Ide Samai's yurt)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Tomonaga still moved a little stiffly as he walked into the throng of Unicorn yurts. However, a few hours of relative rest, and a bit of sake, had eased a great deal of the weasel-inflicted discomfort. Another pass of the comb through his black hair, and a quick splash of water on his face, and it was like he was never injured.

As he made his way to Ide Samai's yurt, as he was directed, Tomonaga glanced up nervously at the clouds building overhead. Looks like rain... a lot of rain.

Arriving at the yurt, if he didn't see Ide Samai outside, he scratched politely at the door flap, before stepping back to give her room.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Re: Trade Summit (D4 LA, outside Ide Samai's yurt)

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Scratching on the material of the yurt didn't quite have the same affect as it had on paper, but Samai was on high alert after the notice of the young Bataar. The Ide woman was preceded by the fragrence of roses in the air, as the flap opened and a tastefully (for a Unicorn) dressed Samai arrived.

"Yasuki-san, konnichiva." She said with a slight accent as she bowed to him. "Thank you for the opportunity to spend time together. I hope all is well with you."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Tomonaga, alert as well, in his own way, detected the scent of roses just before the flap opened, inhaling automatically in response. As the flap opened, Tomonaga bowed, a polite smile on his lips, one which grew ever so slightly once he got a proper look at her.

"Ide-san." He replied as he rose from the bow. "I am well, thank you very much. And really, I should be thanking you for the opportunity, or at least that's how it feels to me." His tone seemed to hover right on the border between formal and casual, ready to go in either direction.

"Ah..." Tomonaga hesitated. Right in the entryway seemed an awkward place to converse. He shifted a little to the side, angling his body so that Samai could easily step outside if she wished, setting that as the location for their conversation.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Conversing about matters outside an entrance wasn't in the top 3 most unusual places Samai has conversed with people - nor was horseback - she picked up his meaning and angled away from the yurt, deciding on a slow walk of the premises. Her fan flipped open, revealing a neutral facade of a plain with - of course - flowers on it.

"Well, your presence is enough gratitude Yasuki-san. I always cherish the opportunity to meet people of the Empire, especially samurai with such standing as yours." Her own smile was casual and open, with barely any formality behind it. She, of course, knew not to smile with her teeth showing. At least most of the time. When dealing with Moto, teeth were preferred.

"I hope you find your stay with us well enough, so far?" Her pace was matching his, allowing Tomo to dictate the way they walked.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Tomonaga turned easily, walking beside Samai. He set a fairly casual walking pace, although he had a long stride, making it a little faster than it otherwise would have been. And, as Samai gives him a casual smile, a tiny bit of tension seemed to leave his shoulders, only noticeable for it's lack.

"Hey, thanks." He said, returning her smile with one of his own. "And yeah, it's been great so far. The Unicorn have really impressed me as hosts, and as samurai, frankly." He tilted his head to the side, considering her. "You know, besides the ones performing my examination the day before yesterday, you're the first Ide I've spoken to. I've met all the others, Otaku, Shinjo, the young Moto who suggested I meet you... if you've met another Yasuki, you might have the advantage of me." His brown eyes glinted humorously.

"But maybe instead, I should ask how you've been finding us as guests. I imagine there's a lot to get used to, what with your return and all."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Samai sped up her own, smaller steps, to match his stride, her legs whooshing under her kimono.

"No Yasuki that I know of, you are the first, Yasuki-san." She tilted her head, and there was a twinkle in her eye as she spoke. "So... you are going to be the one to define your family in my eyes, and possibly in the eyes of my family." Her shoulder shrugged gracefully. "No pressure."

The small giggle that followed let him know that she was joking. Hopefully.

"Mhm.... it has been... interesting. Well, no, that sounds more negative than I intended. It has been good. You know, we met different tribes, and empires, and kingdoms, and people and other beings. We learnt a great deal during our time out in the world, and one of the lessons I learned from it is: few can match the drive of Rokugan, if any. When we arrived we were met with a range of reactions. Oh, there was the same wheeling and dealing that one can find almost anywhere, but there was also a sense of purpose that is unmatched in my eyes. It is good to see that."

Her eyes gazed up in the clouds, her thoughts wistful, but they soon returned to him, small creases of good humor around her eyes. "Oh, sunimasen for my rambling Yasuki-san. I can be fond of that sometimes. Rokugan is wonderful, everything the stories have told us and more. For our times outside of it, there is so much to learn!"

Due to her excitement, she almost tripped in her next step, but started to awkwardly balance herself.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Tomonaga couldn't resist shooting Samai a quick grin in response to her joke, and to the giggle that followed. "Ah, but since you're my first Ide, too, the pressure goes both ways." He slowed for a moment, his expression turning mock-serious, humor still flashing in his eyes. "Maybe we should be chronicling this? I've got parchment..." He joked.

As she spoke, Tomonaga nodded, interested. "Huh. It's interesting to hear from the perspective of... of someone with a fresh set of eyes. We're mostly set in our ways; I mean, you can make a good guess as to how a Crane will feel about a Lion, for example. I think the Unicorn are doing a great job of fitting in so far. You're gonna do quite well here."

He chuckled gentle amusement at her enthusiasm. "Hey, no need to apologize. You ramble interestingly, Ide-san. And besides-oh!"

Tomonaga winced as Samai stumbled, only just managing to stay upright, it seemed. Without hesitating, or thinking, Tomonaga's arm shot out, held firmly in front of her, to give her something steady to grasp as she balanced herself. "Sorry about that. You okay?" He asked.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:07 pm

She seemed to stabilize, standing just an inch or two before his outstretched hand. When it seemed all was well, she let out a breath and stood in place for now.

"Oh no need to apologize. I should be more careful... it seems the Empire has more dangers than it seems." She said with mock gravitas.

"Hm, so you mean we should get someone to act as a scribe... or a chaperone?" Her eyes shot up, the corners of her mouth curving into a smile.

"And besides?" She placed her left hand on her hip while the right was holding the fan, which was currently shut... after the almost-debacle, she didn't want that damaged.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Tomonaga first gave a sigh of relief, and then a quick surprised laugh at her joke. "Mmm. Yes. Well, such things usually fall under the duty of the Crab, so I'll try to keep a better watch from now on." He said, letting his arm fall back by his side.

Her next joke made Tomonaga give her an innocent look. "Oh, I'm sure we don't need a chaperone. After all, there's nothing wrong with two young samurai having a walk together, sharing pleasant conversation. Even if one were to tell the other that she looks very nice, today." His lips twitched, suppressing a smile, an expression which came more naturally to him than the innocent one he wore.

On the other hand... Tomonaga's eyes flickered down ever so briefly, noting the way her hand rested on her hip, before returning to her face. "Besides? Oh, right." He resumed walking, slower than before. "I was thinking... the Unicorn seem to me to be both diverse and adaptable. Adaptable makes sense, seeing how far you've traveled. Diverse..." He shrugged. "I find myself continually surprised by the Unicorn I encounter. In a good way." He clarified, smiling.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:53 pm

"Mhm, well perhaps I will allow such a lapse of Duty. Maybe because of a young samurai's kind words." There was a blush starting on her face, but she tried to keep her on in place, barely succeeding.

"The sane can be said of the Empire as well. Who knew that Yasuki could be so handaome and charming." She flazhed him a wide smile, then turned away and continued her stride, though in a slower manner.

"Surprusing can be good or bad. You know, I always wondered... what did you think of the Unicorn, of the Ki-rin, before our return? What did everyone else think? I keep hearing abour surprises, but it would be good to know what are we measured against."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Tomonaga, experienced as he was at evaluating potential customers, thought he might have seen the beginnings of a pretty blush on Samai's cheeks. Of course, with the smile she flashed him after complimenting him, he wasn't sure that there wasn't one beginning on his face as well.

"Huh." He said. "That's an interesting question. Let me think..." For a few moments he frowned thoughtfully. "Well, as I child, I remember they were just a part of history. Like long lost relatives, who you heard about, but never saw, and never expected to see. I don't think you were often thought of, I'm afraid." He said, his tone slightly apologetic.

He continued. "But then, I remember when word of your impending return arrived. That was certainly an exciting time. I remember my family trying to speculate on what sort of sake you would drink. Other families wondering what sort of affect you'd have on the, ah, political landscape, so to speak."

He looked at her, his expression a little cautious. "To be completely honest... there were some who, I think, wondered if you could still be a part of Rokugan, or if you were outsiders now. I think you're quickly putting those concerns to rest. But to go back to my earlier metaphor..." He shrugged. "Even if you don't see your cousin for a long time, he's still your cousin. Does that answer your question, Ide-san?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:14 am

Samai's blush receded slightly as she mulled over what he said.

"I think it does... we were long lost relatives, sometimes only thought of in stories." She smiled. "It seems there is still much that we need to learn to find or home here."

Her newest smile was coy. "Sake... well, the Moto prefer their kumis. Have you tried it yet? It is an acquired taste in my opinion but one can get used to it." She moved a step closer to him, still within the bounds of proper etiquette, but just barely. "I am not a big expert on sake to be honest, so I must disappoint you Yasuki-san."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:27 am

"Yeah." Tomonaga nodded agreement. "And maybe it'll take a little while to feel like home. But it is your home, really. And the Unicorn seem like they learn really fast."

As Samai stepped closer, Tomonaga's eyelids flicker ever so slightly, taking note of the motion, of the coy smile on her lips. The corners of his mouth twitched slightly, edging towards a smile of his own.

"I have had kumis." Tomonaga said. "It was..." He smiled. "Yeah, it was an acquired taste. But I think I could acquire it pretty quickly. It was really interesting. As for sake..." He patted a fold in his kimono. "As it happens, since my family brews sake, I am rarely without a bottle. If you'd care to try some... well, actually, I would be honored if you would try some, Ide-san." He said with a slight bow.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 am

Samai smiled widened, and she turned towards him. "Well, I would dare not bring shame to you Yasuki-san, I would be honored if you would grant me the privilege of tasting your family's work."

Her fan fluttered open and she hid her growing blush behind it.

I am sure I can acquire some kumis, if you would like to try more... and of course, speaking as someone junior in matters of trade, I am sure we can set something up in the future, if the Crab are interested." She stiffened, hoping that changing the conversation to matters of trade wasn't ruining the mood...
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 am

Tomonaga found himself smiling at the charming, pretty young woman. His eyes, a soft brown, met hers over her fan. "Of course, Ide-san. I would be most pleased." He said, his voice low. Reaching into his kimono, he retrieved first a cup, then the bottle. It was a fine ceramic, with Golden Carp Special Reserve in well-done calligraphy on it.

The subject did change rather quickly. Tomonaga blinked, but shifted quickly along with it. "Speaking for myself, yeah, that sounds great. I've heard the basics on how it's made, but we're always interested in new alcoholic beverages." He pursed his lips thoughtfully. "For larger deals, I think we'd have to see. I know some non-Unicorn had some trouble with it, but Crab are pretty tough."

With a practiced hand, he opened the bottle, and poured a modest amount into the cup, which he handed with a smile to Samai. Taking out another cup, he put some sake in that one as well. "Well then." He raised the cup, as in a toast. "To... possibilities?" He suggested.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts