A Dragon Flies (D4, EE, Misa's invitation)

A Dragon Flies (D4, EE, Misa's invitation)

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Taira arrived at the administrative center early in the evening, curious what he'd heard about tea and music.

The note had been rather vague, and he was starting to wonder if someone was playing a prank on him, but he held out hope. Good tea was hard to come by.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Re: A Dragon Flies (D4, EE, Misa's invitation)

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 pm

There had been guests earlier, but no tea. It had all technically started as waiting for the rain, but that moment had started, and now Misa was alone. It was a shame, since tea and company made listening to a storm all the more pleasant.

No, that wasn't true. She wasn't alone.

Misa had just caught the sounds before Sanmi was there, whispering into her ear before going back to setting up the cups and whisk, the pot heating up. Sanmi hadn't seemed surprised at the Soshi's arrival, a fact Misa could pick up.

She stood up and gave a proper bow, speaking up over the patter of the increasing rain. "Soshi-san, konbon-wa. I fear the storm has broke, but it's a fine evening for tea, hai?"
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:05 pm

"Eto... hai. Tonbo-sama."

He was a little surprised, but it seemed his host was to be a dragon of some standing.

Approaching, he bowed at a respectful distance. "There are few more peaceful things, than to listen from inside when it storms without."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:11 am

Misa gave a small nod. She opened her eyes at that, showing her listless gaze staring off into nothingness. She smiled all the same. "My servant tells me you are a doctor. Perhaps you would understand better than others how my hearing can make that listening all the more precious."

She paused, trying to look where the sounds of her guest came from. "I've failed to more properly introduce myself, sumimasen. This one is Tonbo Misa, advisor to Tonbo Mariko, daimyo of the Tonbo family."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:20 am

Taira nodded, and then realized she couldn't see that motion. "I understand completely. It is an honor to meet you. I am indeed a doctor, in the service of the soshi magistrates."

Glancing at the servant, he added, "I was told, somewhat cryptically, that there was tea and music planned. I assume the weather has deterred the event... one hopes it is not to great an imposition if I remain for a time, and see if the storm breaks?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:45 am

Misa covered a nearly silent laugh with her sleeve, and Sanmi flushed. "I would be honored to do a tea ceremony for Soshi-sama, and sing him a song. I fear that there was no planned event however, as the letter was written by my servant. Please forgive her, she worries for me so. I was ill the day before, and she says I'm still pale. Perhaps for my tea and music, you could soothe her fears and give me a checkup?"

She gave a soft bow, hands folded before her.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:11 am

Ah.

"I would be honored, Tonbo-sama, on all counts."

Taking that as invitation, he approached, seeking an appropriate seat.

"Do you still feel unwell? Was it, perhaps, an imbalance of elements after the feast? Several guests experienced such symptoms and requested my aid."

Soshi Taira

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:22 am

Misa sat down and let Tara sit across from her. She was perhaps still a bit pale, though the darkness from the storm made for poor lighting. "Hai, it is as Soshi-san says. I grew sick after the feast and was horribly unwell the next day. Yesterday I felt a bit better, but... this one has ate bad food before. This was worse."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:24 am

Taira nodded.

"I would... if you don't mind, like to see your hand. I would need to touch your wrist, to see your pulse."

As he spoke, he unlaced his satchel, fetching small clay jars, suitable for stomach cures and nutritional supplements.

Soshi Taira

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:26 am

Misa smiled softly and held out her hand without any hesitation. "This one is just about the last to worry over touch. It is my eyes, after all. Just as it will be yours for me."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:08 am

Taira took her wrist gently, one hand cradling it and feeling for her pulse. His other hand gently spread her fingers, examining her skin and veins. It was quick and clinical, but the touch still sent shivers up his arm, as it always seemed to, in these more personal meetings. When there wasn't the shouting and swearing and blood up to his elbows, he never did quite handle things as calmly.

"You seem to be in good health, but I will make a powder which you can add to your tea before bed, and it will help you to rest and ease any imbalances that remain."

His long fingers selected three jars, removing corks in practiced motions, and in a matter of moments he had extracted a few tiny dried leaves, which were scooped into a pestle, and then ground in quiet efficiency.

As he worked, he inquired, "Has Tonbo-sama been enjoying herself otherwise?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 am

Her head tilted gently, seemingly listening to the soft sounds of rattling, pouring, and pearling with a faint smile. "Otherwise? Hai, I have been enjoying my time well Soshi-san, and I pray you have been so blessed as well. I fear the tests so far have not favored a blind woman well for showing my talents, but I have impressed in my own ways. Has Soshi-san gotten many seeking his time outside medicine and healing? Perhaps a lovely Unicorn maiden?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:26 am

Taira contemplated that.

"Hai, I think so. One hopes they have a favorable impression of me, after our talks."

The soft grinding of the pestle was set to a steady tempo, as if he were listening to some ghostly drum.

"I have not done so well either, but one hopes my efforts here will at least give some indication of my talents. I would not wish to shame my family, after they saw fit to send me."

Soshi Taira

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:52 am

"I am quite certain a doctor as handsome as yourself need not prove himself an archer or hunter to get attention, certainly." She smiled slightly, head still tilted, listening to that pestle with a n aura of serenity.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:06 am

That a blind woman called him handsome drew a dry chuckle from Taira, but he commented, "My duties thus far have not earned any particular notice. That they were not meant to is some solace, though it does leave one, from time to time, a little disappointed."

His work with the mortar done, he carefully poured the powder into a tiny clay bottle, practically just a cap for the cork, and sealed it. Passing it gently to where the servant could take it, he added, "I would recommend partitioning that into 4 doses, and taking it each night before bed. It should cure any lingering discomfort or hindered sleep."

Soshi Taira

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms