[D4 LA] Serving Tea II: Electric Boogaloo (Amaya's Yurt)

[D4 LA] Serving Tea II: Electric Boogaloo (Amaya's Yurt)

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:20 am

The flap of Amaya's yurt has been rolled up and tied off, inviting entrance for her expected guest. Easily visible against the back wall is a kimono rack, the garment has been covered with with a silk cloth to protect it from any stray dust or dirt. The yurt is sparse and tidy, a pair of tatami mats making up the floor. In the far left corner is a neatly rolled futon and a folded half-tatami, tea has been laid on a chabudaiin the center of the yurt.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Re: [D4 LA] Serving Tea II: Electric Boogaloo (Amaya's Yurt)

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:47 pm

A somewhat weary, but otherwise cheerful Taira made his punctual arrival, rumbles of possible rain had not yet sent him into cover, and so he arrived at the tent of the Ide without any parasol or the like.

After all, it wasn't like a little storm could hurt anyone.

Rapping a knuckle against the frame of the yurt, he announced his presence, bowing once noticed.

"Good afternoon, Soshi Taira, as requested."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:58 pm

"Thank you," she had replied, bowing in return. "Please won't you sit?"

The water was hot, and the tea set was waiting for them.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Taira nodded, and took the offered seat.

"Of course."

He was... a little too pragmatic to initiate small talk, assuming she'd set the tone.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Seating herself, she began to prepare the tea. "Thank you for agreeing to meet me. I wanted to apologise in person for my actions yesterday at the Meeting Tree. I fear that I have not expressed my sincerest gratitudes for your assistance in this matter we face."

"The truth of it is: Khulun-San is hot-headed. I simply felt that it would be easier to speak to her on the level of sisters. That is why I bade you leave." She recalls how Khulun had reacted, and wondered if she would have tried the same thing on the Scorpion instead. Then there would have been an incident. "Your words are valued, and have been weighed heavily in our thoughts and discussions."

She pauses and looks up from the tea. Her eyes are large, genuine, and the colour of the thunderheads threatening in the sky. "I am also to understand that you provided medical assistance to Khulun-San, and for that there is simply not enough words to express our thanks."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Taira seemed taken aback, perhaps a little overwhelmed.

"I... just did my duty, Ide-sama."

His expression was somewhat confused. Did she want something from him? Otherwise... why?

"I understand that things are overwhelming for your clan, there is a great deal of... history... here. I just wish to help your clan avoid the most deadly of traps, which was only learned through our bitter experience."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:19 pm

She notes his hesitation and dials back the level of formality. Her business is concluded, anyway. "There are many things I have learnt to value in this short life of mine. But knowledge, that one might shed some light on the path before their feet, and the healing skills of a qualified medic are amongst the highest."

"I have seen ugly things. The least of those being wounds that suppurated and weeped, the grew angry and in time killed. You have my thanks."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:46 pm

Taira nodded.

"Hai, and these things are... worse, in fact, than anything you have seen."

It was a guess, but a very likely one.

"I admire the courage and tenacity of your clan, but you must understand that the enemy is not one which can be defeated, only driven back, held at bay. It is the darkness in our hearts, the darkness that hides from the light, and grows with the brightest light."

With a small shrug, he added, "I do not doubt that your clan will have a powerful role to play in fighting the evil, before all is done, but I do believe that now is too soon. That is my advice, that you should yet prepare before such an encounter."

Resting his hands in his lap, he concluded his little speech. "I sincerely hope my words are of use, and I will trust your clan to act as honor dictates you."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:27 am

She ponders the man's advice carefully and solemnly as she pours tea for them both. "I fear that my esteemed sister's rashness has made the choice of how to proceed a difficult one."

"I wish to hear the words of this so-called 'champion', though I would prefer that they be shouted from the far end of a large field. I would prefer to hear what the man-creature wishes to say, without comment or agreement, that I might have time to consider their worth or even their truth before I make any reply. I would prefer to do so with the joined strength of the Moto, Otaku, Shinjo, and Iuchi at my back."

Then she sipped her tea and sighed, "but mostly I would prefer this task had not fallen into our laps."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:38 am

Taira sighed. "I suppose I cannot dissuade you... but I strongly caution you to assume everything it tells you is, if not false, intended for your destruction. It is a being of consummate evil. There is no redemption left for it, even in death."

He looked at his hands, clasped in his lap. "It is victim of the foulest disease... the one I cannot cure."

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:58 am

Kindly, "take courage, Soshi-Sama, for I have not yet given my word. My desire to have a first-hand account has not yet outweighed my fear of the thing we face."

"Should I choose to decline, I know I will be in the esteemed company of the Otaku princess, and I wonder if her wisdom is greater than mine." She sniffs, "but I did not bring you here to play counsellor to my woes."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:01 am

Taking note of the shift, he nodded. "Of course, and I am certain that your ancestors may guide you to the right path."

Smoothing out the cloth over his knees, he added, "It sounds as though you have more... experience... with Rokugani customs, inviting me for tea. Is that part of your family duty?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:12 am

She nods her head politely. "Indeed. My sensei has paid great attention to help this one fit the Rokugani image of a courtly maiden. That I might be better suited to find a husband."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:15 am

"I see." He thought of several follow up statements, and perhaps they showed on his face.

You are the only one... no, that was rude... or, nice to see some unicorn actually try... no that was also rude... or... maybe you can set a good example... better but still rude...

"You have done an excellent job." There, that was... slightly better.

He wasn't the best at Rokugani manners himself, which begged the question of why he brought it up.

Soshi Taira

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:19 am

She smiled, shy but pleased, "thank you, Soshi-Sama. There are still many things I do not understand. Why words must snake around like the course of the river through rough terrain when speaking plainly leads to far less misunderstandings. But sensei and my father would be gladdened by your praise."

Ide Amaya

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts