Learning the lay of the land [D4, LA, open, expecting]

Learning the lay of the land [D4, LA, open, expecting]

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:49 am

Kogo walked through the Northwestern Yurts, enjoying seeing all of the different people going about their business. Noburu had been in a need of a walk, after so many hours cooped up during the events, Kogo's sparring practice and riding practice. They walked through the yurts in a wandering fashion, with Noburu needing occasional redirection to stay close to avoid startling anyone.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Re: Learning the lay of the land [D4, LA, open, expecting]

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:56 am

The occasional redirection was about to become extremely important as one of the nearby Otaku Warhorses notice the wandering feline, and prepares itself to defend its territory with loud and valiant snort.

A few steps away, the rider widens her eyes and runs to grasp her steeds rein, and hold it still. Hopefully, Kitakuhime manages to contain Gekko, and he rears up, warning her of the incoming beast.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:00 am

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:The occasional redirection was about to become extremely important as one of the nearby Otaku Warhorses notice the wandering feline, and prepares itself to defend its territory with loud and valiant snort.

A few steps away, the rider widens her eyes and runs to grasp her steeds rein, and hold it still. Hopefully, Kitakuhime manages to contain Gekko, and he rears up, warning her of the incoming beast.

Kogo notes the difficulties and commands Noburu to stand stock still. She lowers her body closer to the ground, keeping eye contact with the horse, but not in a aggressive way. Directing her voice towards the horse, she speaks in a soothing tone. "I am sorry noble being. This one's cat is sometimes a mischief maker. I did not intend that she intrude upon your space. We meant no insult or harm to you or yours."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:04 am

"Forgive me," Kitakuhime says to Kogo, "This stallion is rather dominant over his own space, and, as myself, not used to see a great cat walking nearby our people."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:05 am

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:"Forgive me," Kitakuhime says to Kogo, "This stallion is rather dominant over his own space, and, as myself, not used to see a great cat walking nearby our people."

Kogo bows to her slightly, trying not to startle the horse. "Understandable Otaku-sama. I have been cautious around some of the other steeds, but I fear I had relaxed my guard, seeing how the Unicorn steeds had reacted to her. I did not consider the difference it might make being on their territory instead of the fields."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:10 am

Gekko calms down bit by bit, slowly gaining trust of the cat's presence and her master's dominance. Without taking reins off her hands, Kitakuhime bows in return, greeting the Lion, "It is under control. An honor to meet you. This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, Shiotome and heir to the Otaku."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:18 am

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Gekko calms down bit by bit, slowly gaining trust of the cat's presence and her master's dominance. Without taking reins off her hands, Kitakuhime bows in return, greeting the Lion, "It is under control. An honor to meet you. This one is Otaku Kitakuhime, Shiotome and heir to the Otaku."

Kogo rises slightly, seeing the control. She then bows deeper. "An honor to meet you as well Otaku-sama. I have heard of you from your...Nintoku, is it called? Otaku Chi-pu. We met at dinner several nights ago. "

She clicks her fingers and has Noburu lie down on the grass, at a distance from the horse.
Last edited by Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:49 am

Approaching, quite unaware of the battle of wills that was being sustained between horse and lion, was a Fox.

Takeo had come to call on any shiotome he happened across and it so happened that he happened across the shiotome.

Seeing she was already engaged with a Lion, and that Gekko was engaged with a literal lion, Takeo stopped a respectful distance away and waited for the tension between the animals to ease before he approached.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo rises slightly, seeing the control. She then bows deeper. "An honor to meet you as well Otaku-sama. I have heard of you from your...Nintoku, is it called? Otaku Chi-pu. We met at dinner several nights ago. "

She clicks her fingers and has Noburu lie down on the grass, at a distance from the horse.

The girl beams up upon hearing her friend's name. "Yes. Chi-Pu-senpai is a nikutai* in Unicorn army, indeed. I hope she mentioned nice things about me."

Kitsune Takeo wrote:...Takeo stopped a respectful distance away and waited for the tension between the animals to ease before he approached.

Kitakuhime notices the Fox at the corner of her eye, but continues to address the Lion, "You have not given your name, yet, Lion-san!"
--
*Nikutai is the standard Rokugani title for a Rank 2 samurai (a.k.a Drill Sargent)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:01 am

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo rises slightly, seeing the control. She then bows deeper. "An honor to meet you as well Otaku-sama. I have heard of you from your...Nintoku, is it called? Otaku Chi-pu. We met at dinner several nights ago. "

The girl beams up upon hearing her friend's name. "Yes. Chi-Pu-senpai is a nikutai* in Unicorn army, indeed. I hope she mentioned nice things about me."

Kitsune Takeo wrote:...Takeo stopped a respectful distance away and waited for the tension between the animals to ease before he approached.

Kitakuhime notices the Fox at the corner of her eye, but continues to address the Lion, "You have not given your name, yet, Lion-san!"
--
*Nikutai is the standard Rokugani title for a Rank 2 samurai (a.k.a Drill Sargent)

Kogo cringes. "Gomen, Otaku-sama. This one is Matsu Kogo. And this one here is Noburu. And yes, she left me with a very favorable impression of the Otaku overall, including you. Outside of the Matsu, I had not known of any family so dedicated to their female warriors. I also heard a great deal of the Otaku horses and their origins."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:26 am

The Unicorn nods again. "I am honored to finally meet a Matsu maiden. I've heard so much about yours and your Ancestor's bravery and honor. Please, be welcome and approach."

Kitakuhime looks to Takeo and smiles with her eyes.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:53 am

With Kitakuhime's visible blessing, Takeo approached, smiling himself.

"Konbanwa minna-sama," he said in greeting, offering a bow to each of the samurai-ko, though the deeper one went to Kitakuhime.

"It is good to see you again Otaku-sama," he said, before turning to the Matsu, "I am Kitsune Takeo. I am pleased to meet a warrior of the Matsu."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:40 am

Kitsune Takeo wrote:With Kitakuhime's visible blessing, Takeo approached, smiling himself.

"Konbanwa minna-sama," he said in greeting, offering a bow to each of the samurai-ko, though the deeper one went to Kitakuhime.

"It is good to see you again Otaku-sama," he said, before turning to the Matsu, "I am Kitsune Takeo. I am pleased to meet a warrior of the Matsu."

Kogo bows, with a slight tinge to her ears that is not noticable for those not familiar with her. "You do me much honor Otaku-sama. Thank you for your welcome. " She notes the Fox's approach on her left and smiles. "Greetings Kistune-sama. It is a lovely afternoon, is it not?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 am

"Hai,' Takeo answered in agreement, casting his eyes skyward as he did, "Though I expect we'll have rain break before the day is out. Still, it isn't unwelcome and the precursor makes for pleasant conversation among samurai."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 am

Kitsune Takeo wrote:"Hai,' Takeo answered in agreement, casting his eyes skyward as he did, "Though I expect we'll have rain break before the day is out. Still, it isn't unwelcome and the precursor makes for pleasant conversation among samurai."

She nods. "Noburu and I were seeking a walk for just that reason. I suspect we will be stuck inside for much of the evening, with little entertainment."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts