Repeating Kata (D3, LA, Expecting)

Re: Repeating Kata (D3, LA, Expecting)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:48 am

She almost frowns, thinking on some sort of lingering, rotting disease, "How does this curse manifest?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:12 am

'' We cannot love.'' He says.

'' Once in our lifetimes, we will betray the thing or person that we love the most. It cannot be avoided. If you try to discharge the curse into another person or thing, the betrayal will be even more terrible. My fool father discharged his curse after falling in love with my mother. She died because of it. He took his own life after that.'' Yuichi told her. There was no indication of emotion in his tone of voice. It was completely neutral.

'' The only way to not discharge the curse is by not loving anyone or anything. Simple as that. '' He smirked.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:21 pm

The weighs his words carefully before commenting, "One must be truly enlightened not to love and still live."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 pm

'' ...Or really, really cursed.'' Yuichi joked.

''That's why I would prefer to not have a wife or children. It would be safer that way '' He says.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:29 pm

"Yogo-san would fail his duty to his lord." She puts, bluntly.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:24 am

Yuichi shrugs. '' Yeah... '' He crosses his arms inside his robes. '' A minor failure for a Yogo. We have more pressing duties, like being spiritual guides, commune with the kami and protect the Scorpion clan, and the Empire, from blasphemous influences... not having children is a minor trasgression. '' He replied with a calm voice.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:30 am

Her frown seems to disagree with his affirmation. "It is a transgression Yogo-san can avoid, nonetheless. Why wouldn't he?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:48 am

'' Yeah, well I suppose that is hard for non-Yogo to understand that but...''

'' Let's see... You get married with a spouse you can't love, otherwise you will betray him/her. When your sons and daughters come to this world you can't have any relationship with them, otherwise you will betray them. They can't have a relationship with you or your spouse, otherwise they will betray you or your spouse. You can't have any meaningful relationship with your sensei, otherwise you will betray him. You can't love your lord, otherwise you will betray him. You can't love your clan, otherwise you will betray it. You can't love the Empire, otherwise you will betray it. You can't love your duty, otherwise you will betray it...Shall I continue? ''

'' Let me ask you a question, Otaku-sama. If i understood correctly you and your steeds have a deep relationship right? Do you love your battle companion?''
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:52 am

She nods. "I do. It is a dear friend that aids me fulfill the duty I was given."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:00 am

'' Then you should be grateful you can have such a relationship. Others, like us, don't have the privilege.'' He replies. '' I correct myself, we were denied that privilege '' He says.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:04 am

"I am grateful." The frown deepens. "It feels like Soshi-san is afraid of the curse."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:21 am

'' Yogo. I'm not a Soshi, Otaku-sama. '' Yep, he corrected a kuge. '' And yes I'm afraid of the curse. I would be an idiot if not. ''

'' I fear many things, Otaku-sama. But because I fear them I can prepare myself to defeat them. If you say you don't fear, then you are deceiving yourself. We can only be brave when we are challenged by fear. Otherwise you are fighting blind. ''
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:28 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:'' Yogo. I'm not a Soshi, Otaku-sama. '' Yep, he corrected a kuge. '' And yes I'm afraid of the curse. I would be an idiot if not. ''

'' I fear many things, Otaku-sama. But because I fear them I can prepare myself to defeat them. If you say you fear anything, then you are deceiving yourself. We can only be brave when we are challenged by fear. Otherwise you are fighting blind. ''

She puts both hands in front of her face and bows a bit, offering an apology, "Gomenasai. I hope I did not offend Yogo-san so much I'm unable to mend this honest mistake." She continues, returning to look into his eyes. "Mistakes are, sometimes, unavoidable. Yet, we may learn from them. Just like fear. We learn from it and atone with courage."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 pm

'' Ha! Don't worry about it. It was just a small mistake, Otaku-sama'' He didn't felt insulted. '' You are right. Some samurai think that you must never feel fear. That's inherently wrong because we are Ningen. We -feel- fear. But we are samurai and we must prepare for the time we are challenged by it. And if you want to win that fight, then you must prepare for it. '' Yuichi adds.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:45 pm

She nods, opening her smile back. "Wouldn't Yogo-san want to be prepared, then?"

Kitakuhime raises a hand, "Since this curse is the inevitable certainty, there are only two outcomes: to love and pay the consequences; not to love and serve honorably. Which side of the battle one should be?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo