(Day 4, EA) Back In The Saddle Again

Re: (Day 4, EA) Back In The Saddle Again

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:16 pm

"She is a very kind person. She focused her training on being a field medic and is quite adept at it."

Observing her posture, he speaks up. "Straighten your back a bit more. And yes, feeling the wind whip through your hair is quite an experience. If you'd like, we can ride together so you can get a sense for it. I'm always up for showing people the excitement and joy of riding faster." Smiling widely, he's happy to just watch for now unless she wants to know speed.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"She is a very kind person. She focused her training on being a field medic and is quite adept at it."

Observing her posture, he speaks up. "Straighten your back a bit more. And yes, feeling the wind whip through your hair is quite an experience. If you'd like, we can ride together so you can get a sense for it. I'm always up for showing people the excitement and joy of riding faster." Smiling widely, he's happy to just watch for now unless she wants to know speed.

She does as he suggest and finds it slightly more comfortable. "That is better, thank you." She pauses. "A field medic is a valuable person the field. She must be someone who can stay calm in the face of danger and yet think clearly. You must be proud of her."

She ponders his question. "I am sorely tempted Shinjo-san. I can sense at the edge of my imagination but it must be like. But I suspect the rumor mill would fly at the speed of light if we were seen." The temptation wrestles for a moment on her face.

She looks down to him, a fire in her eyes he likely hasn't seen yet. "I would be honored if you taught me Shinjo-san."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:57 pm

"I don't know why rumors would go about," he replies with a smile and a shrug. "It's not uncommon for learning riders to go along with their teachers, even if not necessary. If there are rumors they won't be coming from the Unicorn," he offers with a grin.

"Just let me know when you feel like you've gotten enough trot and walk in and we'll go after that."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"I don't know why rumors would go about," he replies with a smile and a shrug. "It's not uncommon for learning riders to go along with their teachers, even if not necessary. If there are rumors they won't be coming from the Unicorn," he offers with a grin.

"Just let me know when you feel like you've gotten enough trot and walk in and we'll go after that."

She smiles down at him. "In this, I will trust your knowledge Shinjo-san. I suspect a short time more and I will be itching to know what the wind feels like." Her grin has acquired a new edge, but it is one of fierce joy, like a lionness smiling.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 am

He nods to her. Rather than ferocity, his own smile was more like beaming brightness. "The wind does feel quite freeing. Imagine the last time you ran at a sprint. Then imagine moving even faster. Then imagine not getting tired from it and being able to maintain it for a much longer time. It's quite the exciting experience."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:59 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:He nods to her. Rather than ferocity, his own smile was more like beaming brightness. "The wind does feel quite freeing. Imagine the last time you ran at a sprint. Then imagine moving even faster. Then imagine not getting tired from it and being able to maintain it for a much longer time. It's quite the exciting experience."

Her eyes shine bright at the thought. She moves Meushi back into a walk, feeling more secure as she does. "It sounds incredible. When was the first time you galloped?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 am

"Again, I can't remember he replies with a chuckle," probably while my mother still carried me in with a cloth wrap," he replies with a chuckle. "I can remember galloping as far back as I can remember."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:58 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Again, I can't remember he replies with a chuckle," probably while my mother still carried me in with a cloth wrap," he replies with a chuckle. "I can remember galloping as far back as I can remember."

She smiles. "You have lived a different life than I Shinjo-san. But it is not one without merit...or adventure." She looks to him. "Let us try this thing."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:05 am

"Alright," he says with a nod, approaching and removing the rope from Meushi. "It's easier if I'm on first." He does his best to help her down so that they can switch positions and helps her up to join him at the back.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:07 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Alright," he says with a nod, approaching and removing the rope from Meushi. "It's easier if I'm on first." He does his best to help her down so that they can switch positions and helps her up to join him at the back.

She hops down and watches him mount, slightly envious of his grace. She joins him, slightly embarrassed at the amount of touching this requires, but hopeful that the Unicorn will not censor her. Let us pray that mother never hears of this. "What is required to tell Meushi you wish to go faster?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:16 pm

"You work your way up from walk, to trot, to canter. Once you're at a canter you have to change your position a bit, leaning forward and and keeping you hands low to her neck. After that you let her know you want her to go faster with continued squeezes of your legs. To slow and stop you sit back upright and gently pull on the reigns. Hold on."

With that he starts her off with a walk to make sure that Kogo has a good grip and balance. He shifts his own weight to compensate for Kogo's added weight.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"You work your way up from walk, to trot, to canter. Once you're at a canter you have to change your position a bit, leaning forward and and keeping you hands low to her neck. After that you let her know you want her to go faster with continued squeezes of your legs. To slow and stop you sit back upright and gently pull on the reigns. Hold on."

With that he starts her off with a walk to make sure that Kogo has a good grip and balance. He shifts his own weight to compensate for Kogo's added weight.

She finds a place on his robe that seems appropriate to grip, but strives not to grip too hard. It is different balancing with two instead of one. Slowly, she finds her rhythm. "Canter. That is a word I have no heard before."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:40 pm

"Think of them like walk, jog, run, and sprint. Canter is the wone where she'll bounce the most. Since there is only one set of stirrups. Your going to have to hold tightly. And the cloth won't be enough. The firmer your grip the easier balance will be because our bodies will move together." With that he moves Meushi into a trot.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Think of them like walk, jog, run, and sprint. Canter is the wone where she'll bounce the most. Since there is only one set of stirrups. Your going to have to hold tightly. And the cloth won't be enough. The firmer your grip the easier balance will be because our bodies will move together." With that he moves Meushi into a trot.

She takes the slight correction with a good attitude, gripping tighter and shifting her balance to be slightly lower in her center of gravity. The trot is slightly more difficult without the stirrups, but doable. "All right. I will do my best."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:05 pm

"This is the canter," he says as he pushes Meushi a bit faster. There's a definite increase in bounce and speed and the timing of the bounce is different. "It is a bit different in timing because of how the feet move. Her feet are now spending more time off the ground than on, and her body shifts forward and backward as weight transfers. The movement of her feet between this and a gallop is very similar, but when she's at a gallop she'll be doing so much faster and her weight will be a bit lower leading to a bit less up and down motion."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field