Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Re: Checking in (D4, LE)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:06 am

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Did you know him before the Miai?"

She nods. "We met at the Akodo courts. He was helpful in discussing etiquette with, during my early lessons on the topic. Many of the Scorpion are skilled in court and I learned from watching him and others interact."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:28 am

"He seems a very helpful sort," Akil nodded.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:30 am

Shinjo Akil wrote:"He seems a very helpful sort," Akil nodded.

She nods. "He very much is. I found his guidance useful and easily understandable, which is more than I can say for some. The alliance between the Scorpion and the Lion has reaped its benefits."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:34 am

"Is that not an odd alliance?" Akil place his piece then like to Kogo curiously. "Philosophically, my understanding is that your clans are very different."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:42 am

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Is that not an odd alliance?" Akil place his piece then like to Kogo curiously. "Philosophically, my understanding is that your clans are very different."

She places her piece and pauses. "It is not the place of this lowly samurai to critique her Daimyo's choices. However, theoretically, yes, our clans have very diverse ideas. Some within the clan have disagreed with the alliance, both loudly and quietly. One of Akodo's few words on another clan in Leadership concerns the Scorpion clan's lack of predictability on the battle field and the courtroom. It is...remarkable in a sense, for he comments on no other Great clan." She pauses to think. "I suspect it has been beneficial in reminding the Lion that not all see the world as they do nor operates the way they do. A likely source of frustration and inspiration."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:22 pm

"Of course," Akil nodded his head calmly, "apologies if I seemed as if I were questioning your clan leadership. That with certainty was not my intent."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Of course," Akil nodded his head calmly, "apologies if I seemed as if I were questioning your clan leadership. That with certainty was not my intent."

She shakes her head. " I understand Shinjo-san. You were curious of the circumstances and that is natural, as you are learning the ways of this place. It is definitely an alliance that many would not have predicted would last. But I think there is a possibility of those with differences working together in this way. A sort of balance in it."

She places her next piece and then says, "I have a great belief in balance at times. It seems that sometimes, one can swing too far in one direction or another and that way can lead to difficulties. One can overemphasize a part of one's self or one's life. It is part of why I am glad to see the Unicorn return. The changes you bring may help the Empire find new ways of balancing and new strengths. It rounds out an already existing structure and adds new possibilities."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:06 pm

"That is sensible," he nodded, placing his next stone, trying something that was no doubt a risk even to an inexperienced eye. But when one is losing ground, the best choice is to try and make a move.

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"That is sensible," he nodded, placing his next stone, trying something that was no doubt a risk even to an inexperienced eye. But when one is losing ground, the best choice is to try and make a move.

She moves a piece again and then curses in her mind as she realizes she has left him a good move for capturing a string. Ahh well. Sometimes playing safe is its own mistake.

"Shinjo-sama, pardon me if I am being too bold, but what does one such as you look for in a wife?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Fortunately for her, he missed it. Just a consequence of not knowing the game well enough, and his piece went elsewhere.

"Well... truth be told, I would just like to be with a wife that I find agreeable." He smiled a bit, "I know that answer may be seen as a bit of a cop out, but I do not know how else to explain myself." There is a laugh, "so far, between you, Yogo Mizuki-sama, and Doji Fukawa-sama, there are three Samurai here that I would find to be perfectly agreeable wives. And all three of your clans from what I can tell have quite a bit of tradition with artistry, so were I to join any of them I would not be out of place."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:Fortunately for her, he missed it. Just a consequence of not knowing the game well enough, and his piece went elsewhere.

"Well... truth be told, I would just like to be with a wife that I find agreeable." He smiled a bit, "I know that answer may be seen as a bit of a cop out, but I do not know how else to explain myself." There is a laugh, "so far, between you, Yogo Mizuki-sama, and Doji Fukawa-sama, there are three Samurai here that I would find to be perfectly agreeable wives. And all three of your clans from what I can tell have quite a bit of tradition with artistry, so were I to join any of them I would not be out of place."

Her heart lifted for a moment. So I am not out of the running. That is something. "Thank you for being forthright with me. And I understand. Sometimes, it is hard to articulate these sorts of thoughts. And agreeable is something that must exist in a marriage. If one cannot even agree on basic things, how will one live in the same house and eat dinner together without having a fight? There is nothing wrong with agreeable." She pauses, realizing she is speaking fast.

"What I mean to say is, I am glad you find me agreeable and see possibilities within my clan for yourself." She blushes slightly. "I see similar things in you and your clan. I had never thought to find others who thought so similarly to myself on the subjects of animals or change. I am used to being an eccentric outside of my family." She pauses.

"It is a very pleasant change.I would like it not to end." Placing her next piece, going for a bolder maneuver.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:34 pm

"Of course. I know not what will happen. I know not if I will have the opportunity to choose. But I do wish for you to know that I find you an absolute joy to be around." He smiled, again perhaps choosing the worst play to counter her more bold play. "It is nice to be understood, and I have been met with understanding my entire time here. I know that is not what I will face when I go to my first court, and I have been practicing dancing on egg shells in every conversation with that in mind. Thank you for your understanding through all of it."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:03 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Of course. I know not what will happen. I know not if I will have the opportunity to choose. But I do wish for you to know that I find you an absolute joy to be around." He smiled, again perhaps choosing the worst play to counter her more bold play. "It is nice to be understood, and I have been met with understanding my entire time here. I know that is not what I will face when I go to my first court, and I have been practicing dancing on egg shells in every conversation with that in mind. Thank you for your understanding through all of it."

She laughs in delight, losing a bit of her courtier's smile for something more genuine. "I am glad to hear it Shinjo-sama, for I feel the same way about you and was concerned that perhaps I was misreading you. With so many individuals here, it would be hard for your eye not to see other possibilities."

She smiles broadly at him, her eyes direct, a bit of Matsu fire in her eyes. "I am glad to not be out of the running yet. "

She looks down at the board." Perhaps we can continue learning together. Court is a place that I suspect will never be precisely comfortable for me, but I suspect a Yurt and a horse could be, with time." She makes another bold move, hoping that somehow, even if she loses, there will be something gained with boldness, like this conversation.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Akil on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:05 pm

He smiled genuinely. "If fortune caused our future to be as such together, I would be as happy as if I ended up in Crane robes." He moved to make his next move with a bit of eagerness... Just fast enough that his hand brushed against Kogo's.

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

PreviousNext

Return to The Stables