When Will My Life Begin? (D4, Early Afternoon)

Re: When Will My Life Begin? (D4, Early Afternoon)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:33 pm

"Perhaps... I don't know what the other families might test us on though," she chuckled. "The Shinjo tests weren't very well inclined for me, and I doubt the Moto tests will be. Maybe I will have better luck with the Iuchi? What sort of tests do you think they will give us?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:57 pm

"I am not sure." he admitted. "Something spiritual, perhaps. I expect the Otaku will include riding, but I'm not sure what else. The Moto will likely be physical in nature."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:04 am

"Physical?" she murmured a little. "Like... wrestling and such? I've seen one of the Moto do that."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:52 am

"Swordsmanship, I think. I'm not sure what else." he shrugged. "I didn't know what to expect with the Ide, either."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:59 am

"Ah... that sounds more like a test for you than me. I don't know much about swords or fighting." She smiled bashfully.

"At least we are not forced to compete. That would be bad for some of us."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:32 pm

"I have a little training, but I doubt I'll be able to match any of the others." he said. "Whatever will happen, will happen. I am curious about your clan, Usagi-sama. Would you tell me about it?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:05 pm

"Ah, of course," she nodded, always happy to talk about her clan.

"What do you wish to know? I mean, how we were founded, what we do, where our lands are...?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:09 pm

"Yes, yes, yes?" he grinned. "Whatever you are willing to tell me. I still know very little about any of the minor clans."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Tomoe chuckled at his curiosity.

"Very well, I can tell you what I told everyone else about how Reichin-dono founded the Hare Clan in my lesson on history the other day. Ahem. Eight years ago, the Empire was under attack by a horrible sorcerer calling himself Iuchiban, who used blasphemous magic to call evil forces to his side... Reichin-dono was among the heroes who stood against the enemy that would require the combined might of the Clans to defeat at the Battle of Sleeping River."

"Reichin was known as a ronin in the area of Ryoko Owari Toshi, also known as the City of Lies, the City of Stories, the City of Green Walls. He was well-regarded by the inhabitants of the city, for he was always aware of what was happening in this city and he often gave his assistance to the keepers of the law. Even as a man with no lord, he had many followers - other ronin who saw him as a leader."

"In the year 750, Reichin was the first to spot the army of Iuchiban marching towards the city of Ryoko Owari. He ran swiftly to the city officers and informed them of the approaching danger, and they trusted his word for he had always been on their side before. As the city was evacuated, Reichin and his followers picked up their swords and fought alongside the Scorpion to hold off the enemy as long as possible, until those who could not fight had fled to safety."

"Reichin did not stop fighting there, and he led his followers to join up with the Scorpion on the frontlines in the Battle of Bloody Retreat, where they along with the Scorpion forces fought for five days straight to delay the enemy army long enough for the other clans to mobilize."

"Reichin and those left of his men joined in the fray at the Battle of Sleeping River, distinguishing themselves on the battlefield in the eyes of the Emerald Champion as the forces of the Empire claimed victory over the evil sorcerer."

"However, the city of Ryoko Owari was still held by one of the Bloodspeaker's lieutenants, the infamous Jama Suru. The call went out for someone to undertake an impossible mission; to sabotage Jama Suru's defenses. Reichin was the first and only one to step forward, and not wishing to see anymore of those men who were loyal to him, he went into the enemy-held city of Ryoko Owari on his own. For several weeks, he dislodged Suru's defenses, using his advantage of knowing the layout of the city well, gaining more time for the Empire's forces to regroup after the Battle of Sleeping River and prepare themselves for a siege. At last the combined armies of the Great Clans attacked and the ensuing battle for Ryoko Owari Toshi lasted for seven days until they finally drove out the last remains of Suru's forces. In the battle, an escaping enemy fired an arrow meant for the commander of the allied forces, but Reichin swiftly leapt in its path, nearly losing his life for his heroic efforts to save another."

"For his instrumental part in the war, as well as heroic efforts, the Son of Heaven bestowed Reichin with the Usagi Family name and the status of Champion of his own Minor Clan. It would forever be his Clan's duty to be vigilant against dangers such as that posed by the Bloodspeaker and his minions."

"Usagi Reichin continued on to be a great and charismatic leader to his people, and he always fought against injustice where he saw it. The lands of the Hare, which lie near the Shinomen Mori, often ran into conflict with a group of criminals known as the Forest Killers, and Usagi Reichin along with a platoon of Lion, decided it was time to end their threat. In the year 755, together with the Lion, he created a plan to bait the Forest Killers into attacking Shiro Usagi. The plan was successful and the Forest Killers engaged with the Lion forces outside Shiro Usagi - who successfully repelled the enemy to drive them back. After a long day of fighting, the Forest Killers retreated into the forest, hoping to find reprieve from the battle, only to be met by Usagi Reichin and two dozen of the Hare's strongest warriors waiting for them in their hidden camp. The exhausted and wounded Forest Killers were caught off guard and only a few managed to escape the slaughter that awaited them. However, one of the Forest Killers managed before their death to strike Usagi Reichin fatally with an arrow - a barbed arrow with wicked hooks, poisoned. While he fought off death for a month, even the body of a great hero gave in in the end, and he passed away."

"The Son of Heaven, in his divine wisdom, acknowledged all the great efforts and heroic deeds of Usagi Reichin in the year 757, Month of the Tiger, and elevated his spirit to Tengoku, to become the Fortune of Heroes."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:53 pm

"That is a very strong story." he smiled. "Your founder was a good man. It is reassuring to hear that his efforts and accomplishments were recognised."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Tomoe nodded. "He was a great man in life, and guides us still in death. I feel honored to be a part of the clan he created," she spoke with a proud smile.

"I hope I can find someone who can join the Hare, to continue the legacy of Reichin-shiryo and help our small clan grow."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:12 pm

"I have spoken to others with similar hopes." he grinned. "My own hope is simply to find a place where I will feel I belong."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Tomoe gave an understanding smile. Then realised she hadn't told him about the Hare Clan's lands.

"Hare lands are not too far away from the lands of the Unicorn. Southwards, there's the Seikitsu Mountains. On the other side, right by the large Shinomen Forest, is our lands. It doesn't have the open rolling plains of these lands though... more forest, more rocky because of the nearby mountains, and a large river."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:21 pm

"I was told a little of the Shinomen by one of the Scorpion." he nodded. "Do you explore it?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:31 pm

"A little, yes. The Scorpion, and the newly formed Piranha Clan, also explore and patrol it. One of the Scorpion here, Soshi Yuuru, is part of the Scorpion groups that work a lot with the Shinomen Forest... he could tell you more about it than I could, as I've never gone too far into it. Mostly to accompany some scouts, or to gather medicinal herbs."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion