Rotten Eggs or Tea? (D4, EA, Fukawa's Yurt)

Re: Rotten Eggs or Tea? (D4, EA, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 pm

"Hai. Of course he was injured." She peered at the woman, wondering if the Crane was impervious to any prying. "What do you think of him being a hero, Doji-san?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Fukawa blinked a bit at the odd question.

"Hmm, well it does demonstrate his sense of Duty and Courage. It confirms in my mind that he is an honorable samurai." she replies. "And to be honest, in these difficult times, a few more heroes in the Empire is a good thing."

She looks over at the burned, and mutilated Shinjo.

"I know the miai has only been going on a few days, Shinjo-san, but what is your initial impression of the state of the Empire?" she asks, curious what the Shinjo's one outsider eye saw.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:55 pm

"The state of the empire?" she repeated. She was not entirely sure what the Doji meant. "The Empire is populated with great samurai, Doji-san. I do not know much about the politics," she admitted. One story, though, came to mind. "I heard that the Tonbo Family had to become vassals to the Dragon."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Fukawa nodded.

"My apologies, I should have been more clear." she says. "I meant, how does it compare to where you've been, and what you were expecting?"

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Yue looked down at the tea set, it a representation of a culture she was adapting to. "It is more pleasant than the Ride," she admitted. She took a sip of her tea and shot the woman a glance that she did not wish to discuss it further. "As for my expectations, I am not sure. I knew I would be surprised and I still was." She smirked. "I am still growing accustomed to the different Clans, Doji-san."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Much has changed while your clan was away." she said, accepting the hint to not talk about the Ride. "The rise and fall of minor clans, such as the Dragonfly. The Lion's military might has grown and grown during your absence, as well."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:31 pm

"Hai." The Shinjo traced her index finger along the cup. "I heard the Fox Clan's history. I admit that I am unsure of what the implication of their ancestry entails for the future."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Fukawa considered the cup.

"Hmm, I'm afraid I don't know much about that Shinjo-san." she offers honestly. "I remember hearing that they were the ki-rin that remained behind until the Lion annexed...the lands they were on. They will not be reabsorbed into the Unicorn?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:21 am

"I am not sure. It is not my place to make that decision." She drank once more from her cup. "Regardless of circumstance, I believe they will be invaluable for my Clan's full return to the Empire."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:16 pm

It was odd to think of a minor clan as indispensable. Still, Fukawa could see how it might be of use.

Fukawa nods.

"The Crane also want to see the Unicorn resettled and active once more in the Empire." Fukawa says. "If there is anything I can do to assist with that or your own struggles, Shinjo-san, in any small way, please feel free to ask."

The soul of Honor: 29

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:34 pm

The Shinjo thought on the woman's offer for a moment. There was a certain appeal to the Crane, be it her proper tone or outright beauty. Regardless, Yue felt compelled to answer truthfully. "I need to secure a marriage," she admitted. She took a sip from her tea. "I am not performing well on the notice board." She gave a faint smile. "I have suitors in mind but I am unsure of their thoughts on me."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Fukawa looked thoughtfully at that.

"Hmm. I do not wish to pry too deeply into your private affairs, Shinjo-san, but I would be willing to speak with them. If I cannot ascertain their feelings about you, I could at least see if they were seriously considering someone else. Six days is a short time to change minds, but a long time to live in uncertainty." Fukawa offered.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:37 pm

"That sounds reasonable," Yue said. She let out a soft sigh before continuing. "I have spoken most with Soshi Taira, Asako Hirase, and Yogo Yuichi. Also, I promised to teach Kaiu Hiroji. Yasuki Tomonaga, and Ichiro Daisuke how to ride a horse. However, I do not know them well." There were a few more men but she thought that was plenty of names to mention. She paused and tried to gauge Fukawa. "Are you familiar with any of these names, Doji-san?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Fukawa nods.

"A few of them. I've spoken with Soshi Taira and Asako Hirase before." she notes.

She looks down at her cup.

"Six candidates and six days, hmm, Shinjo-san? I can't promise you anything, but I will make my best effort to help you with this."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:14 pm

"What is your impression of them, Doji-san?" The Shinjo shifted awkwardly in her seat. "What can I do for you in return, Doji-san?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts