Lesson Number One (Day 4, Late Morning)

Re: Lesson Number One (Day 4, Late Morning)

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Tumbling.

He had some experience taking falls of this nature, though, so he rolled out of it, coming to a stop a few paces away, in a crouch.

"Very good. Try to remember that feeling. Your best bet is going to try and use the momentum of your enemy against them. You won't be able to use the same sort of leverage some styles rely on, so it will become about energy and strength; use the enemy to your advantage."

Rising to his feet, he nodded.

"Do you feel comfortable with that theory? Would you like to see how you could initiate a hold of your own? Or repeat the exercise with a different hold?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“I would rather he just be Nintoku than some version of Nintoku he thinks I want him to be, best to be person you are I say. A goat dressed as a horse is still a goat,” she says.

“Not that Sayyed Nintoku is goat, more handsome than goat.”

The rabbit nodded thoughtfully. "... While I agree with the sentiment of honesty and being your true self, do you have a reason to think he is not being his true self with you?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:08 pm

“I just met him, I know very little about him besides the fact that I like him and enjoy his company. I don’t think he is doing that, just how I see it. I don’t know people are simple and not so simple,” she says with a shrug.

"Don't tell him I said I enjoy his company, he might get ideas."
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:25 pm

"Certainly," she chuckled. "He will probably just think I am teasing him if I say so, but I will keep your secret, Moto-san."

"Though I can always ask him how he feels about you, if you wonder what he will say to someone else?"
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:36 pm

“He is man, and I woman, our hearts know even if our minds play the fool,” she says warmly.

“But as you are dear friend to Sayyed Nintoku, I will not turn down your honest aid. Of course it may matter not if another chooses to be my bride before him. If so then it shall be, but for now it is pleasant company. Have you found such enjoyment and company, Rabbit-sensei?” she asks as she watches the Unicorn and Scorpion battle it out.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Judging from what she had seen of Nintoku and Khulun making out, she could honestly say that she hadn't become as close as that to anyone of the Unicorn. "Not yet, but I've had the chance to meet many nice men of your clan. Shinjo Monkubatarru-san is very nice and honorable, and Shinjo Taichi-san has showed himself to be very brave. And I've met Iuchi Don-Ha who seems very interesting and intelligent too."

Tomoe too watched the instructional match going on. "I'm not certain yet, to put it simply, Moto-san."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Tumbling.

He had some experience taking falls of this nature, though, so he rolled out of it, coming to a stop a few paces away, in a crouch.

"Very good. Try to remember that feeling. Your best bet is going to try and use the momentum of your enemy against them. You won't be able to use the same sort of leverage some styles rely on, so it will become about energy and strength; use the enemy to your advantage."

Rising to his feet, he nodded.

"Do you feel comfortable with that theory? Would you like to see how you could initiate a hold of your own? Or repeat the exercise with a different hold?"

Yue was not concerned about his fall in the least. It was far less surprising than toppling off of Hikazume. "Strength. I can manage strength, Taira-dono."

She scuffed her feet against the mat, clearly longing for another bout. "Taira-dono, I want you to attempt to take me down without holding back." She smiled. "I want to see if I can hold my ground."

Her lips curled to a smile. "You may be able to even the score."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Judging from what she had seen of Nintoku and Khulun making out, she could honestly say that she hadn't become as close as that to anyone of the Unicorn. "Not yet, but I've had the chance to meet many nice men of your clan. Shinjo Monkubatarru-san is very nice and honorable, and Shinjo Taichi-san has showed himself to be very brave. And I've met Iuchi Don-Ha who seems very interesting and intelligent too."

Tomoe too watched the instructional match going on. "I'm not certain yet, to put it simply, Moto-san."

“Death can come for us at any time, I prefer to enjoy the now and worry about the consequences later,” she says with wistful memories.

“What about the others, it’s not like you can’t enjoy the fruits of the Empire before you settle down, yes?”
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Tomoe raised an eyebrow. The Moto was certainly a lot more straightforward about this than a regular Rokugani.

"If I do, that shall be my business, Moto-san," she chuckled. "But I appriciate the advice."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:18 pm

“My grandmother is wise woman for many years and midwife, she was always free with her wisdom even if you didn’t want it,” she says with a chuckle.

Khulun does a mock shrill old lady voice, “Little Donkey, don’t let those boys push you around, punch them two times, one for now and one to teach them for later…”
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Taira raised an eyebrow.

"If you are certain..."

He stepped forward, shifting his weight forward in a dangerously open stance, as if baiting her.

------

Initiative 14 http://orokos.com/roll/507406
Full Attack stance,
Armor TN : 5
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Yue nodded. "I am certain." She sprung forward and did not think twice of his vulnerable stance. She seized onto his top tightly with a smirk on her face.

---

Initiative: 29
Grapple: 15 Hit!

Stance: Attack
TN: 20
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:11 pm

And Taira, instead of pulling away, instead moved closer. One arm snaked around hers, locking tight and removing her freedom of motion, and the other he tucked behind his back.

By the time she realized, he had a foot stable behind her forward leg, his foot gently, but firmly, holding her back foot on the floor.

With a wry grin, he stated, "Without holding back." He was so close his breath could tickle her chin, just inches separated them.

_____

33 to control grapple http://orokos.com/roll/507416

Soshi Taira

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Khulun gives a loud ululation in support of her kin and then adds, “Break him, cousin!”
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:And Taira, instead of pulling away, instead moved closer. One arm snaked around hers, locking tight and removing her freedom of motion, and the other he tucked behind his back.

By the time she realized, he had a foot stable behind her forward leg, his foot gently, but firmly, holding her back foot on the floor.

With a wry grin, he stated, "Without holding back." He was so close his breath could tickle her chin, just inches separated them.

"Impressive," she said with a tone far too confident for her predicament. She thought to thrash him off of her but his superior footing made it a moot point. Her eyes shot open as she looked at him, now surprised by how helpless she was at the current moment.

---

Can't contest a TN 33. Auto Fail!

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo