(Day 3, LA) Tell Me That in Verse (Yuki's Yurt, Closed)

Re: (Day 3, LA) Tell Me That in Verse (Yuki's Yurt, Closed)

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Butaj smirks after a pause to appreciate the poem in any way he can given his limited comprehension. "Big part of Butaj is gaijin, as is a big part of the Unicorn Clan. It is hard to pretend that the Ki-Rin and the Unicorn are the same, just older. That the journeys haven't changed who those who have followed Lady Shinjo are now. Butaj has already learned how hard it may be for some to accept that. And Butaj doesn't know how much will change because we're here now. But he really believes that what we've brought from the Burning Sands has value, and to root it out of the Unicorn now is to deny the sense of the long trek and the value of the sacrifices we have made as a Clan." He smiles fondly at Yuki. "It warms Butaj's heart that Asako Yuki does none of those things but is curious about the outside world."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Yuki blushed deeply and looked down at her hands. "Hai, well, my father studied the Yobanjin, so I was raised with an understanding that gaijin are just... different. Many Phoenix understand that." She shook her head a little. "But clans like the Lion, or the Crab, will probably be less accepting."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:51 pm

"But Butaj thinks that the Crab and the Lion understand strength, and Butaj is like the other Moto, strong." He smiles brightly at her lovely blush. "But with Asako Yuki Butaj can speak with his heart because she understands and it makes Butaj happy."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Yuki shook her head slightly. "No, I'm sure... ummm. Gahhh, baka." She took a deep breath to steady herself. "I try to, even if I do not always succeed, Moto-san." She smiled again and looked down. "I'm glad that you do enjoy our time together."

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:59 am

"Butaj does cherish the time. It is ideal for Butaj that Asako Yuki is someone who both teaches Butaj things and wants to learn from him so there is sharing rather than imposing." He smiles fondly at her. "Do you have a favourite story you'd like to tell Butaj?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 am

Yuki thought for a moment and then shook her head. "I don't... I don't have the training to remember stories like other Asako do." She paused.

"Though, one time when I was little, my siblings and I went out into the woods behind the house to pick berries." Yuki smiled some. "We did it a lot in the summers. But this time, when we got to where the berries were, we weren't alone. There was a big black bear there, scuffing about." Yuki giggled some. "So of course, we all turned and ran screaming out of the woods and going down a hill my sister accidentally tripped me. I went down and started rolling down the hill, almost knocking down some of the others. Our parents came out in time to see me rolling down the hill and all of us were screaming about the bear, but it didn't chase after us so my parents never believed us that there was a bear in our backyard."

Yuki giggled and then stopped to think for a moment.

"Moto-san. Do you want to stay with the Unicorn?"

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:00 am

"And miss the chance of hunting down that bear and gifting it to your parents to prove you right?" He chuckles, bu there is less mirth in it. Butaj is easy to read. "Butaj would like to stay but his family wants to marry him out because Butaj is most likely a bastard. Butaj was trained by the Shinjo because the Moto did not want to do it. It has never stopped Butaj from being a good Unicorn, and Butaj wants a marriage that is good for the Clan. Butaj thinks it is only fair for Asako Yuki to know this before she starts making her mind about Butaj." His smile falters a little. "And what would you like?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Yuki giggled a bit. "I was just a little girl, maybe 6 or 7 at the time!" She protested. "No way I could fight a bear. Besides, it just wanted the berries and there were more than enough to share."

Yuki quirked her head to one side at his declaration that he was a bastard and shrugged, not seeming to personally think it was such a big deal. "I don't see why some make such a big deal out of a gift from the Fortunes, even if the woman should have known better than to pray for a child by herself." She said with complete and utter sincerity, without a single shred of guile.

"I think that, well. I think I would like it very much if I stayed with the Unicorn. I could go back home, but with my younger brother on the way there isn't much reason for me to."

Asako Yuki

Postby Asako Hirase on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Hirase, who had been half listening, half reading, now looked up. Had he heard...?

He looked at his younger Cousin. His sweet, innocent, and all too trusting Cousin.

Yes, he probably had.

"...Yuki-san..." How to address it...? "We will have to have a discussion at a later time."

Turning to the Unicorn, he said, "As she said, however, Moto-san, your parentage is no flaw of yours. If you were allowed to take a Name, and given a daisho, they you are samurai. How you serve now, how you honor that name, is what should matter. If you ever go to court, it is true others might seek to turn it against you, but I think they will be a minority."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:07 pm

"Butaj feels neither shame nor inferiority because of his parentage. He believes his father was a worthy man, whoever he was, because Butaj is proud of what he has taken after. Butaj also thinks honesty is better than secrets who could be turned against Butaj more. Butaj wears his flaws on his chest so everyone can weigh them against the strengths and deeds of Butaj. But Butaj is glad it is not a big issue for either of you, especially for Asako Yuki."

He decides not to pry on the family business between Hirase and Yuki. That never goes well. Instead, he tries to diffuse the tension a bit with a wider grin. His gaze meets Yuki and a hint of affection could be seen in his eyes for how accepting she is of both his Clan and him.

"Butaj will do his best to make it possible for you to stay."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Yuki quirked her head to one side. "But-" She was, perhaps wisely, cut off by Hirase's comment that they would discuss this later. She looked at her cousin, very confusedly. "Ehh, hai. Of course?" The confused maiden looked back at Butaj.

His declaration made her grin. "Just don't kill yourself to do it, neh? That wouldn't do anyone any good."

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:36 pm

"You shouldn't worry. Butaj will be fine." He smirks. "After all, he's getting married soon!"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Yuki smirked slightly. "Soon is the wind, Moto-san. Nothing is real until it happens." She chided him.

Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 pm

"Butaj is like wind, like all who follow Lady Shinjo!" He understands the smirk more than the chiding. "But it is true much is left to chance with the rules of the pairing kurultai. Butaj sometimes wishes he could choose his bride the old Moto way."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Yuki laughed at that. "Hai, I suppose with the Unicorn returned that saying has less meaning now." She grinned. "Something about taking them and throwing them over your saddle as you ride off?" She laughed again. "You might not find as much luck with that with some here. Doubly so if they are a Matsu."

Asako Yuki

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts