(D4 EE, Suteichi's Yurt) The Little Sister

(D4 EE, Suteichi's Yurt) The Little Sister

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:11 pm

The timing could not have been more perfect. Yue had arrived at the Bayushi's yurt right when the overcast had come. She scratched at his post and tapped her foot. It was tempting to break etiquette and burst inside. However, she waited for him to give her shelter.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D4 EE, Suteichi's Yurt) The Little Sister

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Hmmm... Liu Fei is early. Suteichi thought as he sat reading. He got up and went to the door. He saw that it was Liu Yue and invited her in. He realized his mask was off and on the other side of the yurt.

"Please get close to the fire to dry. I'll get you something to dry with." he went to get her a towel and blanket. He thought of offering her a kimono but that would mean her disrobing and having Liu Fei's sister in a revealing position was not going to go over well.

"Welcome and be welcomed Shinjo-sama. I have some chamomile tea. " he offered as he brought the blanket and towel. "How may I help you this evening?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Yue did not make any mental note on his missing mask. She took the towel without hesitation and began to dry herself off. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Su-Bayushi-san." She paused and looked at him sheepishly. "I was told earlier that I should correct how I address others. Do you prefer Bayushi-san or Suteichi-dono?"

She looked around for a place to sit down. "I am here to discuss my sister. I am sure you are not surprised by that."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Suteichi raised an eyebrow and gave his usual faint smile.

"Iie. I am not surprised in the slightest. My intention was to meet with you personally on the subject of Liu Fei-san. I also thank you for your asking of preferred honorifics. Bayushi-san or Suteichi-san is sufficient. I can get you a cushion to sit on." Suteichi went and retuned with two seating cushions.

"Please, speak your peace."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:56 pm

The younger sister took her seat. "Fei may be upset that I came here," she admitted. She continued to wipe her hair with the towel. "I trust that she has found you to be," she trailed off. She shook her head, allowing him to fill in the blanks. "I want to be sure that you can provide for my sister. What do you have to offer her beyond your charm and dedication?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Hmmm... that kind of diplomacy belongs on the wall not here.

Suteichi poured tea for both of them and served her first. He took a short bit of time to answer her.

If your opponent is in a hurry, make them wait. If they are patient, hurry them.

"A very fascinating question Shinjo-sama? Ah, might I return the due deference to you? Is Shinjo-san or Liu Yue-san proper?" he took a sip of tea.

"Your question. What can I provide her, is that correct?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Yue tapped her fingers against her knee. "That depends on your answer, Bayushi-san," she said, in regards to the honorifics. "But yes. I was asking what you, as a husband, can provide for my sister."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:01 pm

Feisty little one. I like her. She amuses me.

"Very well." he replied cooly and took another sip of tea. "I come from at well off family but I am sure that wealth, though nice to have is not everything. Wealth does not really denote providing. Being a confidant is. Being the man that is needed to be a supporter not just in the best of times or decisions but also being able to defend and protect her from even herself even if that means my own well being." Suteichi leaned forward a bit. "If she were to fall it would be because I failed to stand with her, for her, and by her. One thing I cannot and will NOT do is fail, especially when it comes to Liu Fei-san." he sat back a bit.

"Do you think that I am unable to protect her because I carry a fan instead of a sword? Do you think that I would not devote myself not just to her safety and well-being but to her needs because I fight battles in the court and not on the battlefield? I am a samurai. I serve. I serve my clan with total, undeniable loyalty. I would serve my wife with that same measure of devotion." He took a drink of tea this time.

"Does that answer suffice?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:23 pm

"Hai. Wealth is not what I was asking for." Her usual smile was gone as she looked over the man. She wanted to show that he was serious, perhaps even intimidate him. No. If he wavers when opposed by a younger sister than he's no man for Fei.

"I do not expect you to protect her on the battlefield." She let out a small laugh and then drank. "She knows how to keep herself safe. It is the Shinjo way." She then glowered and thought on the courts. "Hai. The court is not one of my sister's strong points."

She leaned forward, staring into the man's eyes. "I am satisfied with your words, Bayushi-san," she said, though her voice hinted more. "Gomennasai. I have one question: How do I know you are telling the truth?"

She meant this beyond mere truth-telling. She wanted to be sure that he had the resolve to back up his words. Flowery words, as always. Prove it to me.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Little girl... you want to play. You're about to up past your bedtime.

Suteichi met her eyes with the same pose. He leaned forward and then he spoke with a very sincere tone.

"You come to my yurt to question and test my loyalty as it pertains to your sister, the woman who I have great interest in. I cannot decide if I should commend you for your brazenness or be completely insulted. You want proof? Understand that a samurai's word is their bond and by questioning it you are questioning their honor. Doing this results in a duel. I am going to extend a measure of mercy and compassion only because I understand that family bonds are very tight."

A quick beat.

"My deeds will match my words. It is not my problem you cannot accept that. It is not my problem if you cannot see that. So, to that end Shinjo-sama. You are just going to have to trust me."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:32 am

Well, this did not go as expected.

She shook her head; she refused to let him see her off-balance. But that did not mean she could not admit defeat. "Gomennasai," she repeated before giving him a deep bow. "I wanted to test your resolve. It is clear that doing so caused you offense."

She raised the cup to her lips and kept it hovering there. "I can see why my sister likes you, Suteichi-san," she continued, stressing the change in name. "I want my sister to be married to her equal and you have proven to be so."

She placed her tea on the table and smiled. "Referring to me as Liu Yue is acceptable," she concluded.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:37 am

Suteichi held his gaze on her in silence for a sometime.

"Some chinsuko for you Liu Yue?" he asked with a smile breaking the long silence.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 am

Yue stared back at him. She did not Fear him, no, but she was worried if she had damaged her sister's standing with the man. Fortunately, that did not seem to be the case. "Hai." She scratched the back of her head, followed by a nervous giggle. "I enjoy sweets, Suteichi-san." Her face turned to a smirk. "My sister does not share my enthusiasm."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:10 am

"It is quite alright. I respect you both. I mean you two have seen me without my mask. That's an accomplishment. So, tell me about the little sister that I may one day call my own sister." he said with a smile taking a chinsuko and eating it.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:15 am

"Hai. I have learned that masks are important to Scorpions." She gave him a light bow and then began to chow down on the treats offered to her. "What do you want to know?" she asked in between bites. "I am not sure what I can tell you that you do not already know, Suteichi-san."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Next

Return to Northern Yurts