Imperial Conversations (D3 EM Closed Hideo's Yurt)

Re: Imperial Conversations (D3 EM Closed Hideo's Yurt)

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:13 pm

"Listened to the Hare storyteller I did, specifically the story in question. A good ending it possessed, but using the Son of Heaven and the Imperial Palace to set it up was indeed quite concerning. This one did not have chance to question it further, however, for at the same time there appeared a Matsu with warcat in tow that seemed quite thoroughly confused as to the Celestial Order and the place of his warcat within it," Tenzo added, shaking his head before taking another sip of tea.

"Likely it is an overzealous necessity to explain the ways of the Empire and its history to our dear Unicorn cousins, Seppun-san. They might need some basic understanding of that which has threatened us as of our most recent seasons, but indeed the off-handedness and level of detail to which is being discussed is quite strange. I have had to answer questions about the Emperor's Chosen, the nature of the dear Imperial Families and the clans, conversational etiquette and how one conducts themselves: when it is the basics of our traditions and ways we are trying to impress, complex matters are instead being dumped upon them, and that is how you get our distant cousins concerned over grave threats that were handled generations ago."
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:10 am

"I believe it is vital to ensure our returning samurai are brought up to date on what has befallem the empire since they left; but is a tale about someone like him really suitable for the first day of a Miai? She spoke of him two days in a row also, although the second day seemed to be referring more towards the hero of the Hare clan" Hideo sighed, shaking his head "I have approached her with the intent of using her skills in history and storytelling in a useful way; to talk of the heraldry of the empire. Hopefully this will allow her to share the more acceptable histories of the empire "
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:18 am

Hitako nodded. "It makes sense they are focused on storytelling - a mobile culture as they had been, and will likely always to some extent be, cannot carry much with them. Stories, though, take little space up. Perhaps, if you can, focus on other stories? Those such as Miya's first ride would be good, I would think."
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:05 am

"For a first-day conversation? A bit of a rude awakening," Tenzo said in agreement with Hideo before he looked to Hitako. "This one did have the opportunity to share in the tale of Seppun Fijimira-dono, so that was a start. As I learn more tales from the Unicorn about their various heroes, I am sure that similar stories will come to mind from within our rich historical fabric that I might share with them - and, of course, to steer toward more... polite topics of note."
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:14 am

"A wonderful idea" Hideo nodded approvingly "I would like to continue to share stories with the Unicorn, to ensure they continue to feel welcomed home as we all know they are."

He took a pause to sip tea, before speaking again.

"I do wish to raise a concern regarding the Unicorn though; the magic they use. Hitako-san" he turned to his cousin "have you managed to learn more? I had a conversation with an Iuchi Batul, and once she had finished lecturing me on the duties of a priest she spoke more of her magics."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:33 am

"Be prepared for questions you may not wish were asked and come with answers you did not expect to give: the Unicorn are an inquisitive lot, as it turns out, and on some occasions quite blunt in their request for further information," he added as the conversation shifted to other matters that caught his attention despite his lack of ability to speak with the kami.

"This is not a matter for which we must call in more of our dear cousins or the magistrates for further investigation, is it? We already expend resources keeping eyes on the magics of the Fairuz: is this related?" the Otomo inquired before sipping some tea.

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:"I believe it is vital to ensure our returning samurai are brought up to date on what has befallem the empire since they left; but is a tale about someone like him really suitable for the first day of a Miai? She spoke of him two days in a row also "

He gives a somber nod." This is an aspect I found disconcerting. Fair enough, the Hare clan knows much of this unsavory themes and it would be expected of their Samurai to know about this. But then certainly she must know summoning such names as his is to call evil fortunes upon those that hear it. "

He remains silent for a few seconds to have the serious tone sink in.

"Personally Otomo-sama, I would be more concerned about the Usage, than the expected foreign magic use of our new friends."

He looks over his teacup as he takes a sip.

"As much as I am concerned by the Lore keepers spreading of forbidden knowledge I wouldn't think it necessary yet to call for the Magistrates. We Seppun are trained to deal with inspection and termination of such threats. Let us just be vigilant for now. "
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:37 pm

He set his teacup down for a couple moments as he pondered over Aramoro's opinion. "Then this one will defer to you all, Seppun-sans, for your experience on such matters. Let us hope it does not come to it for I am sure our Unicorn hosts would find it unfortunate to have a mark sully what has otherwise been an excellent miai so far, even with the hints of impropriety being offered by certain guests." Tenzo offered the three of them a single collective nod before picking back up his cup.

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:11 pm

"I cannot say I truly understand how the Fairez call upon their magics; I shall leave that one for my cousin who has studied under the Jade champion" Hideo smiled at Hitako before he continued "my concern is more that this magic, according to the Iuchi I spoke with, is not one that calls upon the kami."

He turns to the other priests in the room.

"I'm unsure how magic that does not call upon the kami, but upon...trinkets, would react with wards."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:03 am

"I have investigated it, actually. The one I spoke to claims they took it from the teachings of those outside the Kingdom, as the kami could or would no longer hear them out there. Which is interesting in it's own way, and something to look into. But, they claim that they have some words that were spoken in the beginning, when Lady Sun and Lord Moon named all things. With the proper preparation, and materials, they can inscribe those words on certain stones, then use that to create effects, to cast spells. No calling on the kami in anyway. The one I spoke to, the apprentice to their chief sensei, claimed he still, here in Rokugan, could not hear the kami, even now."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:12 pm

"Thank you cousin" Hideo smiled "I was confident that you would have done extensive research into this magic, and as always you never disappoint. I hope this will not distract for the main reason we are here."

He turned to the rest of his kin as he asks "have any of the Unicorn gathered caught your interest?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Aramoro hid his smile behind his teacup finding the question amusing.

"I cannot say I have been fortunate enough to find one I would see myself dedicating my time to. I am certain there will be one amongst the many honourable 'maidens' present"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:59 pm

While untrained in such priestly matters, the concern being brought up was quite clear to the Otomo: unknown magic versus the layers of wards the Imperial Palace ground had to offer. He listened intently to his cousins regarding such talk but added nothing to that particular conversation, being outside his realm of expertise, but once more spoke up as talk of Unicorn maidens came to the forefront.

"There are still quite a number for me to learn more about and meet and I have only run into but a couple at most. Surely one among them will stand out to me in time, but there are still many days left."

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:21 pm

"Also, we know not how the testings may go. We may advance, or others may surpass us, and choose to pull us into the Unicorn. Which would be another way of learning more, but it is still a bit too early to tell yet."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:24 pm

"Quite a number have been put forth from among the kuge - nieces and nephews of their family daimyo, mostly, or so I gathered looking over all of the mons and other telltale signs. Most are close enough to claim that nobility, yet most are also distant enough to be but of minor sort save for one or another. There is slim chance that it will be the contrary in the end, but testing well or not I expect that I will be bringing one of the Unicorn into our fold and all that our Families have to offer," Tenzo assessed before he finished what remained in his cup of tea and set it down so that it might be refilled.

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts