Lesson Number One (Day 4, Late Morning)

Re: Lesson Number One (Day 4, Late Morning)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:05 am

Yue's eyes turned to Taira and then back to Khulun. "He has potential in horseback riding. But I should not keep him waiting." She gave the woman a bow and went over to the Soshi with a nervous smile. "Gomennasai," she whispered to him. "Shall we begin, Taira-dono?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:28 am

Taira glanced over to her, and nodded.

Glancing at the Moto, he took a slow breath, and said, under his breath, "I... well..."

A slow breath, as he sought his center.

"Well, let us begin."

Assuming a balanced stance, if a rather traditional one, he inquired, "Would you like to begin with demonstrations on one-handed grappling, or alternative techniques to avoid that outcome?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:33 am

Though she caught on to his discomfort, the younger Shinjo sister did not find it proper to press him on it. "Let us start with the one-handed grappling, Taira-dono." She looked at his form and tried to copy his stance to the best of her ability. "I want to be prepared for all situations."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:43 am

Taira nodded.

"Then I will get a grip, and show you ways you might break it."

Suddenly surging forward, his hands reached out, one grasping her wrist, one at the collar of the leather she wore.

"Now, to break loose, you will use you legs. Sweep my forward foot out, and turn sharply. Pull where I have grabbed your hand, and use my own weight to move me off of my balance."

(beat a 19ish to floor the taira http://orokos.com/roll/507147)
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:48 am

The woman blinked. Why did I not expect him to surge forward like that? Well, nothing to do but to break out.

Except she did not. She stumbled as she tried to maneuver her foot around. The only force that she had going for her was her arm's pull. "That did not go as planned," she said, followed by a soft giggle.

---

Jiujutsu/Strength TN 19: 8 Failure

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:07 am

The dojo was soon swamped... which she felt a little surprising, as she had expected more to be attempting the Shinjo's test.

As two of them began wrestling, the Hare moved to the side to take a drink of water, seating herself in seiza to observe the match so that she might perhaps learn something.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:56 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:The dojo was soon swamped... which she felt a little surprising, as she had expected more to be attempting the Shinjo's test.

As two of them began wrestling, the Hare moved to the side to take a drink of water, seating herself in seiza to observe the match so that she might perhaps learn something.

The Moto Princess wanders over near Rabbit-sensei and leans against the wall and says, “Rabbit-sensei, did you come here to study?”

“I don’t see any books.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 am

"I came to practice, and now that others are here, I can study how others fight unarmed too, Moto-san," Tomoe gave a small bow to the Moto.

"Matsu Nintoku-sama has started to teach me jiujutsu."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:35 am

“He is good at… that,” she says with a wry smile.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The woman blinked. Why did I not expect him to surge forward like that? Well, nothing to do but to break out.

Except she did not. She stumbled as she tried to maneuver her foot around. The only force that she had going for her was her arm's pull. "That did not go as planned," she said, followed by a soft giggle.

---

Jiujutsu/Strength TN 19: 8 Failure

Taira nodded. "It rarely does."

Shifting his stance, he looked down at his foot, guiding her gaze. "See how this foot was pushed forward during my rush? My balance is currently forward, and so instead of a contest of strength, widen your stance with your left foot, and then twist with your whole body, and add your own strength to mine, pushing me forward and past you."

----

Take a free raise for explanation.

Soshi Taira

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:59 am

Moto Khulun wrote:“He is good at… that,” she says with a wry smile.

Tomoe had seen what happened the previous night between the two of them, so she knew what Khulun was getting at.

"A Matsu like him would be a good match for Moto-san," the rabbit said with a clever smile.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 am

“He has his merits, we shall see if he continues to prove himself. Are you and the Lion good friends?” she asks.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:55 am

"I haven't known him long, but I would be honored to call him friend. He is a good, honorable samurai... though I wish him the best of luck in trying to impress you."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:03 pm

“I would rather he just be Nintoku than some version of Nintoku he thinks I want him to be, best to be person you are I say. A goat dressed as a horse is still a goat,” she says.

“Not that Sayyed Nintoku is goat, more handsome than goat.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Taira nodded. "It rarely does."

Shifting his stance, he looked down at his foot, guiding her gaze. "See how this foot was pushed forward during my rush? My balance is currently forward, and so instead of a contest of strength, widen your stance with your left foot, and then twist with your whole body, and add your own strength to mine, pushing me forward and past you."

"Sou desu ka." The younger Shinjo absorbed the information and suddenly kicked her foot sideways. She threw her body around, as if she was following her tetsubo's swing, and sent Taira...

---

Jiujutsu/Strength TN 19 Fluff Roll, FR: 19 Success...!

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo