(D4 EN) What Lies Within

Re: (D4 EN) What Lies Within

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:48 am

"I know. But I want you to know that my offer of friendship is sincere." Even if that's the only thing I can offer.

Mizuki sees the woman checking her wounds. "Is there anything I can do?" Mizuki cannot imagine what, but she would help if she can.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:06 am

"It is clear that it is, Mizuki. And I will cherish that friendship for the rest of my days." She felt a tear well up in her functional eye. It was quickly wiped away.

"There is nothing more to be done for my wounds. Taira-dono addressed them despite the risk to himself." She gave the woman a weak smile. "Taira-dono is a good man."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:21 am

Mizuki nods. "He is. I'm glad he was there."

Mizuki looks at the damage that was done. "Can I ask what happened?"

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:29 am

The Shinjo took a deep breath. "If I am to marry a man here, I would choose him." She closed her eyes. "Do you agree with my choice, Mizuki? Do you think we would be a good match even if I could never," she trailed off, her shoulders shaking. "I could not see him the way I see you."

Her mind fluttered back to the scene. "I fought the beast on top of my steed, Hikazume. It managed to bite down on me." She paused, the thought of her potential fate still able to shake even her. "It almost devoured me, Mizuki. The stirrups kept me on my horse. They saved my life.

I should not be afraid of death. I am not. But I did not want to be eaten alive." She shook her head and gave a bitter laugh. "I have bad luck." She gestured to her scars. "I prefer being stabbed."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:38 am

Mizuki nods. "I believe so, but you probably know him better than me."

Mizuki touches the Yogo Mon on her kimono. "I am a Yogo. Marriages without love are common in my family. They can even be happy in their own way. It just takes work and understanding."

Mizuki is literally shocked as Yue tells her story. "I am glad you survived. I think I prefer stabbing over being devoured alive as well."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:43 am

Yue hid her disappointment over Mizuki's lack of familiarity with Taira. She understood, though, that not every Scorpion knew one another. The same was for every Unicorn. "I want to be a good wife, Mizuki. I want to fulfill my Duty."

She swallowed. "It was pure chance that I did not perish. It was a reminder that I can die on any day." The Shinjo lifted her hand briefly before setting it back to her side. "That is why I confessed my attraction, Mizuki."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:59 am

"I don't doubt that. I think you make some man a good wife." But some men do want love. I don't know where Taira stands.

"I understand. I'm not a bushi, but I can imagine death brings certain things into perspective."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:05 am

The Shinjo started to pace about the room, her hand on her chin. Eventually, she asked, "Should I tell him everything, Mizuki? Should I tell him that I wish to marry him? Should I tell him that I will never love him the same way I would love a woman?" She took a seat on a random spot on the floor, her emotions combined with battle weariness dragging her down. "When I arrived with my sister, I came up with expectations for my husband. He has met them and more, Mizuki."

She held out her fist in front of her and then clenched it. "But I do not see him in the way that I see you."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:17 am

Mizuki considers for a minute. "I would see what he wants. Is here for duty? Or is he hoping to find love? If it is duty, then you should. And if he is looking for love, are you OK with misleading him?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:22 am

"I do not want to mislead him." Yue let out a bitter laugh. "I am sure he could see through that. He has become adept at reading my eyes, Mizuki." She tapped her fingers against her knee. "This is a mess. This is a complete mess."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:29 am

"Then tell him." She sits by Yue and sighs. "It is. It always is." Mizuki quickly wipes her eyes.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:45 am

"Hai. I will do so the next time I see him." The taller woman looked to the woman she so admired and let out a soft sigh. "If Taira-dono does not accept then there must be one man present who will accept the truth."

She lifted her hand and kept her eyes lowered during her next request. "May I?" she asked, in regards to Mizuki's eyes.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:10 am

Mizuki nods. "That will be best." I hope the best for you, Yue.

At the request, Mizuki nods.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:19 am

"Maybe one day I will love my husband in that way," she said halfheartedly. She shifted over to face the Yogo directly and used her index finger to trace an eye for any tears. "Did something happen, Mizuki?" She shook her head. "Did something happen that does not involve me?"

Ha, I'm sure she knows how badly I just want to kiss her right now.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:38 am

Mizuki did know. She neither encouraged it or discouraged it. She didn't want to mislead the Unicorn, but she didn't want to be constantly rejecting the Unicorn. She had almost been eaten today. She could use a break.

But she gives a soft, bitter laugh. "No, Yue. It has nothing to do with you. It has to do with my own weakness and faults." I am my mother's child after all.

Mizuki touches Yue's cheek. "I don't consider your visit tonight to be something to spill tears over." I'm not the one hurting for it. "I... I admit, I'm not quite sure how to feel about it, but my concern is more for you than me."

Yogo Mizuki

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms