Repeating Kata (D3, LA, Expecting)

Re: Repeating Kata (D3, LA, Expecting)

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:07 am

'' I see...'' Yuichi, like most old school Scorpions, did not believe in bushido. Bushido was, in his eyes, pure rubbish and a stupid moral code, but he was in foreign lands with a gaijin kuge. He can't act like he normally does and dismiss her little speech as naivety.

'' Shiotome? What's that? '' He asked
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:21 am

Her eyes sparkle of pride to answer his question, "The Battle Maidens. The Otaku women form the first line of our cavalry."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:25 pm

'' Ah, I see. Battle maidens? There are only women in this group? What about the Otaku men? '' Yuichi asked.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:00 pm

She nods, positively. "Hai. It is a sacred role for us. Only our women are permitted to ride the Blessed Herd. The Otaku men are trainers and serve the Unicorn as our valiant infantry."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Hmm so the Otaku is a matriarchal family. Perhaps they are similar to the Matsu... Yuichi thought.

A long awkward silence.

Yuichi didn't know what else to say. Finally he thought about something.

'' So...uh... what you expect from this miai thing?'' He asked.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:50 pm

"I expect to create many bonds of friendships. To see that the Unicorn returns to the Empire to serve our Emperor in the best of our capabilities." She nods, fiercely. "Also, to be dutiful and have the fortune of meeting an honorable bachelor to become my husband."

She bats some pretty eyelashes before asking him, "And Yogo-san?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:50 pm

''Well, I suppose there are some men with those characteristics around here...'' Yuichi shrugs.

'' Me? Nah, I will probably leave here unmarried '' Yuichi smirked behind his mask.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:56 pm

Her head tilts a bit at his comment. "Unmarried –– why would you think of defeat in the beginning of a battle?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:01 am

Time to re-tell some horror stories... Yuichi thought

'' Do you know anything about the Yogo family, Otaku-sama?'' Yuichi asked with a slight smile behind his mask.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:04 am

The girl shakes her head negatively.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 am

'' Well in the simplest and shortest way I can explain this... we are the Empire's pariahs. We're pariahs because we are cursed '' Yuichi smiles.

'' Long time ago, before Shinjo-no-kami and the Ki-rin clan left these lands, there was war between the Empire and the Ninth kami, the fallen brother. The first Yogo, my ancestor, was both a powerful shugenja and a great general, and he was also the husband of Lady Asako of the Phoenix clan. ''

'' During the war, Asako Yogo was cursed by the power of Jigoku. Some say by a powerful maho tsukai, others say that by the Ninth himself. Whatever the truth is, the results are the same. The curse that was cast upon Yogo not only affected him, but it was designed to be inherited by those whom carried his bloodline, in other words, us...'' His voice is completely neutral.

'' The curse still lingers today and it has been passed from generation to generation in our damn bloodline. As you can probably imagine, this makes me quite a bad prospect for marriage, don't you think? ''
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:22 am

Kitakuhime closes her eyes, and takes some time to reply back to him, "It does. But I assume that sending you here is a very honorable gesture of your lord. It seems you have a chance to make yourself a good prospect, despite stain you carry. Don't you agree?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:33 am

'' Ha! I don't think that my family elders believed that I will left here married. We are realistic, we are one of the smallest families in the whole Empire for a reason. As for me, this is merely a formality.'' Yuichi says. ''

'' I have few chances, although Mizuki-sama is far a better prospect than me''
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:37 am

Her head tilts to the other side. "That's... rather offensive. Are you saying your family deliberately sent you have to see you fail?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:46 am

'' Ha! That would had been quite offensive, you are right! Otaku-sama. '' Yuichi laughs.

'' But no that's not the case here, rather, we know from our past interactions with the rest of the empire that it is not only hard but close to imposible for a Yogo to get a spouse. I don't blame them, afterall, who would want that his sons and daughters become cursed as soon as they born into this world?'' He explained.

'' Not taking on account how dangerous is for the spouses to be married with one of us...''
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo