(D4 EN) What Lies Within

(D4 EN) What Lies Within

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Yue came to Mizuki's room the instant she broke off from the others. She was still in her armor, her tetsubo still with her, and completely out of breath. She leaned it against the wall outside and knocked against the frame. "Mizuki-dono, it is I, Yue," she whispered. The woman looked down at herself, the blood and rain all over her, and shook her head. "I know it is late. Gomennasai."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D4 EN) What Lies Within

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:10 pm

Mizuki wakes up from sleep. 'Wha-"

After throwing something on, she makes her way to the door. Did something happen with Suteichi and Liu Fei? She opens the door. "Shinjo-san! What happened?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:15 pm

"There was a giant," she trailed off, shuddering at the memory of it slaying her fellow Unicorn. "Serpent. It was out in the field."

The Shinjo kept her eyes lowered. "This is no place to hold the conversation. May I come in?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Confused, Mizuki allows the bloodstained Unicorn in. "Of course." She looks around. "I do not have any tea ready." The draft causes her to pull her kimono tighter.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Yue took her tetsubo with her inside, placing it back down immediately after she came inside. She then removed her helmet and placed it on the butt of her club. "Tea is not necessary, Mizuki-dono," she murmured as she ran her hand through her hair.

Inside her chest was pounding hard. Am I actually alive? Is this happening?

She turned back to Mizuki and smiled weakly. "I want to tell you something, Mizuki-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:33 pm

Fear grips Mizuki. "Sutiechi-kun. Your sister." Tears start to fill her eyes.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:39 pm

"Nani desu ka?" She shook her head fervishly. "Iie. Mizuki-dono, their," she trailed off, unsure of how to refer to their relationship. "I have not come to speak about my sister."

Her hand twitched; she wanted to wipe away any tears that formed in her eyes. "Please do not cry, Mizuki-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:41 pm

Mizuki quickly wipes away her tears and regains her on. "Forgive me for that outburst." She bows in apology. "Then, who was hurt?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:48 pm

Yue shook her head, her fist gripped tight out of frustration. "That is not why I am here either. I can tell you more about it soon." She shook her head and let out a harsh sigh. "Gomennasai. It has been a difficult evening. I need to tell you something, though."

Just do it. A samurai knows no Fear.

The Shinjo got on her left knee, her hand resting upon her right leg. She looked up at Mizuki with a faint smile. "Watakushi wa Mizuki-dono ga suki desu." She swallowed after giving her confession and kept her eyes on the beautiful Yogo, watching for every reaction. Her eyes were more intent than they had ever been before. She did it not for her adoration to be requited but rather because she needed it to be known.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:12 am

Mizuki blinks. What? Has she been hit on the head? Talking about giant snakes and now this. No. The way she was acting before.... Whatever else this is, this is real.

"Shinjo-san.... I... I am impressed. You know about Curse of my family, yet you...." If only you were a man. Or I had the same preference.

Mizuki drops her on. A look of sadness cross her face. "I do not... I cannot feel the same way." Mizuki cups Liu Yue's chin softly. "I wish you were a man. I would pick you in an instant."

Mizuki stops cupping her chin and strokes the burn scar. "You are brave, bold, and beautiful. I wish I could return your feelings, but I cannot."

Mizuki tries to make sure the Unicorn maiden knew she was sincere, but the foreign feeling of telling the truth, her injuries, and the whole situation left her a little forced.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:25 am

Though Yue had prepared herself for it, rejection was never easy. Her mouth fell open and quivered, her eyes watery.

But she did not allow herself to weep in front of her.

Even then, she had lost the will to look at Mizuki any longer. Her eyes stayed shut as the woman of her affections stroked her cheek. "Arigatou gozaimasu," she murmured. She let out a pained sigh. "I nearly died, Mizuki-dono. I knew then that I wanted you to know the truth."

Her hand clutched the straps of her armor. "It is unfortunate I am not a man. However, I would not be the same person I am now." A slight smile spread across her lips. "I may have been an annoying suitor."

---

Etiquette/Awareness Fluff Roll: 15

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:43 am

Mizuki stops stroking the Shinjo's cheek. "You're right, and I wouldn't want to change you." This one of the things that Mizuki had no preparation for. "Please stand up, Shinjo-san."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:51 am

"Hai." She got to her feet as requested and opened her eyes. They wandered for a bit until she finally met Mizuki's. Yue bit down on her lip and took a deep breath. "You may call me Yue, Mizuki-dono. Honestly, I would prefer it."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:53 am

Mizuki nods. "Only if you drop off the -dono. Yue, I would still like to be your friend. There's not need to be so formal when we are in private."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:02 am

"Hai. As you wish, Mizuki." Yue ran a finger through her own hair. It was a complete mess. I could have shown up looking better than this. That would not change anything, though.

"I only meant it with the utmost respect. '-dono,' that is." She looked down at her armor, the spot where the orochi had bitten her, the bandages from Taira over it. "That creature almost consumed me entirely," she muttered, more-so as a reminder for herself. "My sister is going to be angry."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms