Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Re: Beat the Heat (D2, EA)

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:08 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo watched as his excitement built. A small lump in the pit of her stomach developed. He seemed very invested in the Otaku and the heir. Perhaps he was already in love with someone else? "I had heard the Otaku heir was attending but have not met her yet." She paused. "They say they are descendants of Shinjo? But how could such a thing be possible?"

"I'm sure that she will be a great leader in future, with such strong examples around her." Clearly he knew her a little, but the fact that he was set to guard her was supposed to impress. Since it didn't quite appear to have the effect he wanted, he glossed over it in favour of talking about horses again.

"Ah, it is thought that when some of Shinjo's children chose to assume the forms of the Ki-Rin and left they bred with the mightiest steeds that they could find, which resulted in the steeds they ride today." A short pause "And as a result of the promise between the Otaku who rescued them and the herd, they may only be ridden by female Otaku." He was clearly disappointed by this last bit, but acknowledged that it was something he couldn't change.

He also didn't realise that he'd kind of started that story in the middle until it was too late. Maybe she knows the first bit...?
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:31 am

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:A small shrug at that, as he starts to adjust the saddle.

"Could be. This kind of...free for all so to speak, wouldn't work within the clan. Wasn't given any firm reason though."

Yuki nodded at that. "So what is your position among the Unicorn, Shinjo-san? You have the look of a bushi, like so many of your kin." Yuki asked, looking Hanashi over.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo watched as his excitement built. A small lump in the pit of her stomach developed. He seemed very invested in the Otaku and the heir. Perhaps he was already in love with someone else? "I had heard the Otaku heir was attending but have not met her yet." She paused. "They say they are descendants of Shinjo? But how could such a thing be possible?"

"I'm sure that she will be a great leader in future, with such strong examples around her." Clearly he knew her a little, but the fact that he was set to guard her was supposed to impress. Since it didn't quite appear to have the effect he wanted, he glossed over it in favour of talking about horses again.

"Ah, it is thought that when some of Shinjo's children chose to assume the forms of the Ki-Rin and left they bred with the mightiest steeds that they could find, which resulted in the steeds they ride today." A short pause "And as a result of the promise between the Otaku who rescued them and the herd, they may only be ridden by female Otaku." He was clearly disappointed by this last bit, but acknowledged that it was something he couldn't change.

He also didn't realise that he'd kind of started that story in the middle until it was too late. Maybe she knows the first bit...?

She nodded, but looked slightly puzzled. "Some of Shinjo's children could...assume other forms? Using magic?"

Is this a magic that is known only to the Unicorn?
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:56 pm

He... couldn't quite remember the details, so he did the best he could from memory "There was a time when Shinjo left us for a short while. Upon returning, she bore some children capable of such. While one stayed to lead our clan, the others chose to assume the Ki-Rin form and travel."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:03 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki nodded at that. "So what is your position among the Unicorn, Shinjo-san? You have the look of a bushi, like so many of your kin." Yuki asked, looking Hanashi over.

A bit of a smile, "Hai, a bushi, though I'm not one for the frontlines any more. Something struck me in the darklands on the way here, left my eye back there. I'm a Teller of Tales, mostly to the children of the clan; relaying history and the ways of the clan to new generations."
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:00 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:He... couldn't quite remember the details, so he did the best he could from memory "There was a time when Shinjo left us for a short while. Upon returning, she bore some children capable of such. While one stayed to lead our clan, the others chose to assume the Ki-Rin form and travel."

Kogo's face stays placid but her mind moves frantically. Real Unicorn? HOW? Can all of them become Unicorns? Am I going to marry someone who turns into a Unicorn?

"A fascinating story Shinjo-san. Is this an ability passed down through Shinjo's line? The ability to transform into unicorn?"

/ooc Gullible is fun

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:14 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo's face stays placid but her mind moves frantically. Real Unicorn? HOW? Can all of them become Unicorns? Am I going to marry someone who turns into a Unicorn?

"A fascinating story Shinjo-san. Is this an ability passed down through Shinjo's line? The ability to transform into unicorn?"

Well that one took him a bit by surprise. "It... ah... it's a story passed down from a long time ago. They were the children that... ah..." He stopped for a bit, took a breath and started again with more confidence. "They were special children, born from a unique union. The ability is not one that we have inherited."

He paused "I cannot turn into a Ki-rin." Best to state it clearly. In the back of his mind, he couldn't help thinking is she teasing me?

/ooc A large part of me doesn't want to correct you on this. :lol:
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:07 am

Shinjo Hanashi wrote:
Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki nodded at that. "So what is your position among the Unicorn, Shinjo-san? You have the look of a bushi, like so many of your kin." Yuki asked, looking Hanashi over.

A bit of a smile, "Hai, a bushi, though I'm not one for the frontlines any more. Something struck me in the darklands on the way here, left my eye back there. I'm a Teller of Tales, mostly to the children of the clan; relaying history and the ways of the clan to new generations."

"A storyteller? So you're a bit of a historian as well?" Yuki smiled warmly. "My family, the Asako, are noted historians in Rokugan." Her embarrassment forgotten, Yuki slowly lowered her fan once more.

"Though I was not trained in that school, well, I've picked up a few things from my family." She admitted, a little bashfully.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo's face stays placid but her mind moves frantically. Real Unicorn? HOW? Can all of them become Unicorns? Am I going to marry someone who turns into a Unicorn?

Well that one took him a bit by surprise. "It... ah... it's a story passed down from a long time ago. They were the children that... ah..." He stopped for a bit, took a breath and started again with more confidence. "They were special children, born from a unique union. The ability is not one that we have inherited."

He paused "I cannot turn into a Ki-rin." Best to state it clearly. In the back of his mind, he couldn't help thinking is she teasing me?

/ooc A large part of me doesn't want to correct you on this. :lol:

Kogo breathed an internal sigh of relief. Thankfully Shinjo-san is straightforward. That could have been a source of much embarrasssment She looks at him, eyes apologetic. "Thank you for explaining the story to me. I fear that perhaps I have tried to open my mind to possibility so much, I have possibly forgotten to shut the door and let in fantasy as well." She laughed a little ruefully. "Thank you for your patience with me."

/ooc Lol, right? It would have been hysterical but complicated. Also, part of me wanted to type her being disappointed at it, but I realized that was me. She's probably relieved.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo breathed an internal sigh of relief. Thankfully Shinjo-san is straightforward. That could have been a source of much embarrasssment She looks at him, eyes apologetic. "Thank you for explaining the story to me. I fear that perhaps I have tried to open my mind to possibility so much, I have possibly forgotten to shut the door and let in fantasy as well." She laughed a little ruefully. "Thank you for your patience with me."

He smiled, inwardly relieved that the confusion was resolved. "Think nothing of it. I am still more used to talking to members of my own clan than from others, and I assumed knowledge that you had no reason to know."

"I'm not a trained storyteller, but I have had some experience in the area. Perhaps another time we could exchange some stories, Matsu-san?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo breathed an internal sigh of relief. Thankfully Shinjo-san is straightforward. That could have been a source of much embarrasssment She looks at him, eyes apologetic. "Thank you for explaining the story to me. I fear that perhaps I have tried to open my mind to possibility so much, I have possibly forgotten to shut the door and let in fantasy as well." She laughed a little ruefully. "Thank you for your patience with me."

He smiled, inwardly relieved that the confusion was resolved. "Think nothing of it. I am still more used to talking to members of my own clan than from others, and I assumed knowledge that you had no reason to know."

"I'm not a trained storyteller, but I have had some experience in the area. Perhaps another time we could exchange some stories, Matsu-san?"

She nodded. " I am not trained as well, but if you can tolerate that, I would gladly exchange stories with you."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nodded. " I am not trained as well, but if you can tolerate that, I would gladly exchange stories with you."

He smiled. "I have no problems with that. We all have to start somewhere." He moves back towards his horse, who seemed to have gotten bored somewhere during the whole exchange. "It was a pleasure speaking with you, Matsu-san."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nodded. " I am not trained as well, but if you can tolerate that, I would gladly exchange stories with you."

He smiled. "I have no problems with that. We all have to start somewhere." He moves back towards his horse, who seemed to have gotten bored somewhere during the whole exchange. "It was a pleasure speaking with you, Matsu-san."

She bowed to him. "As with you. Perhaps soon we could meet to exchange some stories?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:08 pm

"Yes, we should definitely do that. I look forward to it." He bowed to her and then turned to look at Noburu, wondering if he should bow to the lion too. Settling for a bob of his head "And good to meet you too Noburu." Turning back to the Lion (the Matsu one), he said "I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming events."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:"Yes, we should definitely do that. I look forward to it." He bowed to her and then turned to look at Noburu, wondering if he should bow to the lion too. Settling for a bob of his head "And good to meet you too Noburu." Turning back to the Lion (the Matsu one), he said "I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming events."

He is the first one to do that. It is nice to see my partner treated with such respect.

"As do I. Til then Shinjo-san. I wish you luck as well."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field