Out of Character Chat II

Re: Out of Character Chat II

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Mindshred wrote:
Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Trampling huge creatures" is my new go-to sentence for the mess that are L5R rules.

That horse deserves a courtship point.

Remember, this is a setting where touching someone is seen as an unclean act... and where most of the buff spells require a priest, ostensibly the holiest and more pure of professions, to touch the recipient. :P

I thought it was just rude, and religion has its own exceptions to etiquette in a lot of places... :P

Stabbing people, though, definitely both 'unclean' and a highly popular pastime. :lol:
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:25 pm

After all the hand shaking, I think nobody here can be complaining about touches anymore >.<
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:After all the hand shaking, I think nobody here can be complaining about touches anymore >.<

BAD TOUCH! BAD TOUCH!
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:28 pm

I got touched by a heavenly spirit.

It wasn't as nice as you'd think.
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:After all the hand shaking, I think nobody here can be complaining about touches anymore >.<

Fukawa has not shaken any hands!
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:32 pm

. . . I'm looking around but I can't find the musical Scorpion event?
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:32 pm

It was called for rain and pushed back to D5.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Mindshred wrote:Remember, this is a setting where touching someone is seen as an unclean act... and where most of the buff spells require a priest, ostensibly the holiest and more pure of professions, to touch the recipient. :P

I kind of wonder that about touch spells now; Do you have to touch skin to skin? And if not, what counts as touching them? Their clothes? The armour over their clothes? Reaching down and touching the tip of their katana sheathe that is sticking out behind them? Touching a 50' spool of rope they're holding in their hands? Touching one end of a 50' rope while they hold the other end?

I certainly never got much bringing the subject up if it is supposed to be skin to skin, which seems like it could be a big deal with people in voluminous court garb or heavy armour.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:. . . I'm looking around but I can't find the musical Scorpion event?

Delayed for bad weather and orochi mosh pit
Last edited by Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:
Mindshred wrote:Remember, this is a setting where touching someone is seen as an unclean act... and where most of the buff spells require a priest, ostensibly the holiest and more pure of professions, to touch the recipient. :P

I kind of wonder that about touch spells now; Do you have to touch skin to skin? And if not, what counts as touching them? Their clothes? The armour over their clothes? Reaching down and touching the tip of their katana sheathe that is sticking out behind them? Touching a 50' spool of rope they're holding in their hands? Touching one end of a 50' rope while they hold the other end?

I certainly never got much bringing the subject up if it is supposed to be skin to skin, which seems like it could be a big deal with people in voluminous court garb or heavy armour.

Whatever GM no Kami decides.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm prone to think the Unicorn has some leeway to it. But never in front of others. Gotta keep On.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Dangit, I hoped to at least get 9 hp back on the mantis and move her 2 possible wound ranks.

>.<

Oh well.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:I kind of wonder that about touch spells now; Do you have to touch skin to skin? And if not, what counts as touching them? Their clothes? The armour over their clothes? Reaching down and touching the tip of their katana sheathe that is sticking out behind them? Touching a 50' spool of rope they're holding in their hands? Touching one end of a 50' rope while they hold the other end?

You have to boop them on the nose. True fact.

Scorpion wear masks to protect themselves from touch spells.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Soshi Taira on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Geez... orokos is being spiteful to our crab friend o.0

Soshi Taira

Postby Yuzuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Dangit, I hoped to at least get 9 hp back on the mantis and move her 2 possible wound ranks.

>.<

Oh well.

Would have to have been 13 wounds to move me 2 ranks up.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat