[D4 EM] Tea for Two & a Third Wheel (Mizuki's Room) [Closed]

Re: [D4 EM] Tea for Two & a Third Wheel (Mizuki's Room) [Clo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:18 pm

"Understandable. Many feel - including many Yogo - that my Family's history is not something to be talked about often."

Mizuki takes a sip of tea. "Our founding goes back to the beginning of the Empire. Asako Yogo was Asako's husband, a powerful shugenja, and a great general. He defeated the forces of He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named - and some say The Dark One himself - in a battle. He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named cursed him."

Mizuki shuts her eyes and opens them again. "Cursed him to betray the one he loved most. A curse that would be passed off on his descendants. It cannot be avoided. Trying to just makes it worse."

Mizuki looks at Dong-ha, studying him carefully. "It is a heavy burden. If you want to just enjoy this breakfast and find a better match, then I will understand. Though for what it's worth, it is rarely an epic tragedy. It always hurts but.... My parents love each other and although the Curse has taken place, they still love each other."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Amaya blinks thoughtfully at this revelation, surprised at Mizuki's matter-of-factness. "Yogo-Sama, if you might permit me a question?" She set down her tea cup, "you say that the curse was carried out, but that your parents still love one another. Perhaps you would allow us to know the form of the curse? What was it that happened?"
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:34 pm

"A curse eh." Blood drained from his face. "And everyone... in your Family is afflicted by it?" The idea sounded somewhat ludicrous. "So... what became of Yogo-sama's parents if I may ask?" Strange curiosity gleamed in the young man's eyes even as he reached for a cup of tea. Now, he had never expected loving his future wife the day they were married as such things took time to develop. However, he had expected goring to love his future wife... and receiving love in return.

"Though I do appreciate your honesty, Yogo-sama." he bowed deeply over the table. "Yogo-sama does honor her house and her clan."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:27 pm

"Thank you. Those words mean a lot to me."

"My father never shared with me what happened. It's not something that is often talked about. But I promised honesty and I want you to know of how the Curse can be carried out."

Mizuki takes a deep breath. "My mother is not only a talented shugenja. She is a talented artist. She was invited to study at the Kakita Arts Academy." Mizuki takes a longer than necessary sip of tea. "I am my mother's Curse." She sets down the tea. "My father acknowledged me as his own. He has done everything he can to raise me as the daughter of Yogo Chomei. I have the deepest respect and love for the man."

Mizuki gives it a moment to sink in. "Regardless of the past, they are happily married. My younger siblings have grown up in a loving home."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:32 pm

"Ah..." light of understanding lit in Dong-Ha's eyes. Such things happened, had always happened. "I see..." was all he could say, taking a sip from his tea to cover his surprise. "That is... something." There was little he could say, considering that she outranked him. "And your father's curse?" Dong-Ha's eyes narrowed. "If I may ask?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Frowning, "you? How can you be the embodiment of a curse?" Amaya studied the woman, and to all appearances she seemed perfect. Beautiful of face, lovely hair, clever and well spoken. Where is this curse? she mused.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Dong-Ha looked at Amaya, hoping she would shut up.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:53 pm

"It is something he has not shared with if it has even occurred. Sometimes it can come in light. Sometimes, it can come early. My cousin was 2 when he accidentally caused a fire that injured his mother. And one of my senseis is a man well past retirement age who has not yet had it occurred. The Curse has proven, above all things, to be flexible."

Mizuki gives a small laugh with only a hint of bitterness. "No one even knows what Yogo's betrayal was. Did he betray Asako and their children by joining the Scorpion? Did he betray his Kami, Shiba, the god he swore eternal loyalty to? Did he betray his oldest daughter among the Yogo who was not suited for the duties of a Family Daimyo? Did he betray his other daughter who was suited for those duties? Maybe it was someone else? Maybe it was all of them? We only know he did not love Bayushi and that he never betrayed him."

Mizuki sighs. "I suppose that's why it's easier for me to treat this like a business transaction. I want love. To be loved and to love in return. But I don't want to hurt my husband. So, my goal is to marry a man willing to risk loving me. Or a man who will not and do his duty. A marriage of duty isn't terrible. They are common among my family as I'm sure you'll understand. They respect and honor each other. They are happy. Just not in the form of the pillow books."

Mizuki shakes her head. "I am really not such a cold and direct person. It's just easier to deal with certain subjects in such a manner."

Then, she turns to Amaya. "You have not been in Rokugan for long. The traits I have are often associated with the Crane Clan. The blue eyes. Natural white hair is considered a blessing that many Crane would kill for. My facial features even resemble... a Crane." Mizuki gives it a moment. "Neither of my parents have a drop of Crane blood."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Amaya's mouth forms a little o of surprise. "How strange," she comments quietly. Then, in light of the glance Dong-Ha had favoured her with, she selected something from the breakfast selection and ate it quietly.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:08 pm

"Very well, thank you for your honesty, Yogo-sama." Dong-Ha bowed once more. "And I see. That is rather... unfortunate." Though, it made him wonder why on earth Scorpion sent her here. Why send anyone with that kind of burden. Not that the Unicorn didn't present damaged goods, but at least it was 'you see what you get' kinda deal.

"It does indeed sound... safer if Yogo-sama finds a dutiful man." Where dutiful implied that the man spent most of time away from home, focusing on serving his lord as opposed to looking after his wife. "I hope... Yogo-sama the best of luck in her pursuit." he bowed again, almost pressing his forehead on the table. "I see that Yogo-sama is held in high esteem by the Ide so, I am sure she can find a good political match."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Disappointing, but understandable. "I understand." Mizuki smiles a genuine friendly smile despite feeling sick to her stomach. "Then, let this breakfast be the beginning of a friendship between us and our families. Please, I would like to know a little about you and your Family."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:30 pm

"Well, Iuchi are... diverse lot. While the magic we posses hails from the same source, the city of sorcerers, Laramun, many have their own approaches." Dong-Ha picked up a piece of cheese from the table, taking a bit of it. "Now, meishodo is the way of words of creation. Name magic. We command the elements by using ancient words uttered during the moment of creation. Or so the sorcerers taught Iuchi-shiryo when he was among them, gleaming their secrets."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:58 pm

Mizuki pays close attention. "And how does one learn these words? If they say them all, can they create a world as Lady Sun and Lord Moon did? How did the gaijin know these words?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:04 pm

"By listening to one's sensei." Dong-Ha chuckled softly. "Though alas, that is not enough. One has to be able to carve them as well, in a language long dead... on a suitable charm." He pulled out one of his trinkets, offering it for inspections.

The amulet had been carved from plum sized lump of amber that had been polished smooth. Rows upon rows of exotic characters had been carved to the soft stone, causing it to feel uneven under touch. "The words have to align correctly for the charm to work, but if everything has been carved correctly, one has to merely focus and speak the word... and the elements obey." There was a hint of pride in his voice.

"Now, the stories do not tell where the sorcerers learnt these words, and language is not Rokugani... so perhaps there have been other creators... Iuchi-shiryo never asked. All he wanted was power."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Quietly disappointed, for negotiations appeared to be over before they'd even began, Amaya listened politely. Her mind wandered to Hideo and wondered what she might think if he had the Yogo curse. She picks up a piece of bacon and chews on it.

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms