Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:38 pm

"Rumours and hearsay!" She said with an anxious smile. "Perhaps my fault for talking too much stock in the words of others, especially those who try to make you more exotic than you really are. Some mistakenly thought such things were commonplace in the Moto. I've only heard them by name, and I was curious to learn more...but I see that I shouldn't now."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:The petite Crane girl with all the physical power of a sleepy kitten, tilted her head and looked at the Dragon curiously.

"Demonstrate Sincerity physically?" she asked, apparently not having spent too much time on rooftops with dragon monks.

"Yes. Of course, it wouldn't be easy. But, I've heard amazing things about the ingenuity of Crane courtiers," Udo says with a small grin.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:42 pm

“Speak with Iuchi, they are fool enough to prod things best left alone,” she says trying to lighten the mood.

“You seem quite exotic to us, your ways are not our ways, but we will adapt. What do they say of Moto?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:
Doji Fukawa wrote:The petite Crane girl with all the physical power of a sleepy kitten, tilted her head and looked at the Dragon curiously.

"Demonstrate Sincerity physically?" she asked, apparently not having spent too much time on rooftops with dragon monks.

"Yes. Of course, it wouldn't be easy. But, I've heard amazing things about the ingenuity of Crane courtiers," Udo says with a small grin.

There is a small spark of amusement in the Doji's eyes.

"I've heard amazing things about members of the Togashi family." she counters. "Yet here you sit conversing and playing go, rather than hovering in mid-air while shooting lightning from your eyes."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:32 pm

She gave a shake of her head. "Nothing exactly substantial, Moto-san, especially now that I'm begin given the chance to speak to one from the proud Moto at length and get to see for myself. I can see that your Family is certainly a proud one and one that boasts great defenders that the Unicorn is proud of having in their Clan."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:There is a small spark of amusement in the Doji's eyes.

"I've heard amazing things about members of the Togashi family." she counters. "Yet here you sit conversing and playing go, rather than hovering in mid-air while shooting lightning from your eyes."

Udo chuckles softly. "One must pace themselves, the evening is young."

He pushes up on his hands so his legs are no longer on the ground. "Besides, there are many ways to hover," he says as he lets himself back down.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:She gave a shake of her head. "Nothing exactly substantial, Moto-san, especially now that I'm begin given the chance to speak to one from the proud Moto at length and get to see for myself. I can see that your Family is certainly a proud one and one that boasts great defenders that the Unicorn is proud of having in their Clan."

“Moto are family of heroes and warriors, it is known. Bayushi family is strong family of words yes? Make lies and words to distract and beguile yes?” she says reiterating what she was told earlier.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:
Doji Fukawa wrote:There is a small spark of amusement in the Doji's eyes.

Udo chuckles softly. "One must pace themselves, the evening is young."

He pushes up on his hands so his legs are no longer on the ground. "Besides, there are many ways to hover," he says as he lets himself back down.

A swiftly deployed fan catches any sort of chuckle or smile at the Dragon's antics. On, always on.

"You seem to be in quite good physical shape yourself, Togashi-san." she offered politely. "Do you think one of the Unicorn families will host a competition to let demonstrate what you are capable of athletically?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Moto are family of heroes and warriors, it is known. Bayushi family is strong family of words yes? Make lies and words to distract and beguile yes?” she says reiterating what she was told earlier.

Hotaru narrowed her eyes at the words, finding such allegations rather preposterous, but relaxed a touch. It seemed only fair, considering she was making assumptions on their Family not too long ago.

She merely reapplied her smile and gave a shake of her head. "Not exactly...but I could see why you would think that, given the tales of Bayushi-Kami and his lessons with Shinsei. You are right to say that the Bayushi family is one of words, given our strong presence in the courts. We're also a family known for their martial prowess. I guess I'm a bit of an old Scorpion out when I don't fit in either aspect, as I was born with the talent to commune with the kami, which is especially rare in my Family."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:32 pm

“I think Scorpion not so bad but Sut-echi… he says it true,” she says with a shrug not caring if the name was wrong.
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:A swiftly deployed fan catches any sort of chuckle or smile at the Dragon's antics. On, always on.

"You seem to be in quite good physical shape yourself, Togashi-san." she offered politely. "Do you think one of the Unicorn families will host a competition to let demonstrate what you are capable of athletically?"

Udo inclines his head toward her. "Well, I did very well for myself at dinner the first night, and I did well in the archery contest. Hopefully I can continue to do well, but once you start winning... well, it either goes to one's head or someone else goes for their head. Metaphorically, of course."

He looks around. "The Dragon do not often marry for the reasons we are here, and the ise zumi even less so. I'm just hoping to be rated high enough to choose someone I love."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:43 pm

Who-eechi?! She blinked twice, trying to decipher the name for a moment. Suteichi?

"I see...If that's what he wishes to say, I'd imagine that he would know better, as a courtier from Kyuden Bayushi. I personally never attended a court before," she tittered a small laugh. "I don't think that our Family is only capable of lies, however. I doubt many people would trust the Bayushi, if that was the case, or tolerate my kin in the courts."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:Who-eechi?! She blinked twice, trying to decipher the name for a moment. Suteichi?

"I see...If that's what he wishes to say, I'd imagine that he would know better, as a courtier from Kyuden Bayushi. I personally never attended a court before," she tittered a small laugh. "I don't think that our Family is only capable of lies, however. I doubt many people would trust the Bayushi, if that was the case, or tolerate my kin in the courts."

“But you are Bayushi, it is known. What say you?” she asks.
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:
Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun frowns and makes a warding motion and spits on the ground and then stamps it and says, “Lords of Death are old gods, jealous and angry. To evoke their name is to be two times cursed, it is known.”

Hotaru mustered the strength to wave her reservations away to mimic the warding motion and spit on the ground. There wasn't much spit from the short Scorpion, more like a tiny spittle, but she felt it was already too much from the uncouth act. She stepped it down twice with her foot, then dipped in a deep bow to apologize. "My deepest and greatest apologies, Moto-san. I didn't mean to curse or insult. Hopefully...they might forgive me?"

Baatar looked uneasy at Khulun and Hotaru’s actions, and made no effort to copy them.

“It’s … not wise to disrespect the old gods,” he cautioned. “The old shaman in my tribe said they are watching us still. And they do not forgive.”

Moto Khulun wrote:
Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"I don't think that our Family is only capable of lies, however. I doubt many people would trust the Bayushi, if that was the case, or tolerate my kin in the courts."

“But you are Bayushi, it is known. What say you?” she asks.

“Is it true, that Bayushi are liars?” he asked, echoing Khulun’s question. “But… if a Bayushi said that Bayushi are liars… is that a lie, too?” Baatar looked confused at this paradox.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Hotaru good spirits faded off as the Moto grew more inquisitive, looking a touch hurt. "I sincerely hope that Moto-san and Moto-san don't think of me, as a liar. I have no reason to deceive either of you in our conversation. I cannot speak on behalf of my kinsman or the meaning of his words, if he had told you such a thing. We are known to be ruthless and efficient in the courts by reputation, perhaps. I know that I'm not lying to you and I hope that you find it in your hearts to look beyond muddled words."

Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts