Praying for Good Weather (D4, LM)

Praying for Good Weather (D4, LM)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:20 am

Doji Fukawa approached the shrine of the Emerald Champion, dressed in another new kimono, with this one, the Crane blue was closer in hue to sky blue, and the white upon it resembled gentle clouds. The lack of places to visit in the village paired with the slight reduction in horse scent one found here had her visiting more often than usual. She again offered her prayers heavenward. She was quite happy with how the miai was going thus far, so she just sent out a small prayer for good weather for tonight's musical event.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Re: Praying for Good Weather (D4, LM)

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:22 am

Suteichi arrived at the Shrine of The Emerald Champion. A simple enough place for devotion and reverence. He brought with him his samisen and played a tune after making a supplication.

song
Perform:Samisen/Agility D4 at the shrine: 22
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:35 am

After finishing her prayers, Fukawa arose and looked at the source of music. Fortunately, this time it wasn't coming from an empty-headed Phoenix. More fortunately, the artist in question was pretty damn hot. Of course, he bore the traditional black and red warning colors, but damn could the Scorpion make hot samurai who were talented musically to boot.

For the moment she watched, not willing to disturb the artist until he finished playing.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:52 am

Suteichi looked up and brought his song to an end. He looked at the Crane who was watching him play. He greeted her with his faint smile, nod and stood.

"A blessed morning to you Crane-sama. This one certainly meant no ill-regard in your prayers with his playing. While I hope you found enjoyment in it I do apologize if your concentration was interrupted." He concluded with a respectable bow one that was very indicative of highest etiquette.

"This one is Bayushi Suteichi." he said as he approached her and bowed again to her from the waist, "To whom do I share this shrine and this day with?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:58 am

Fukawa bowed to the Scorpion as was proper.

"I am Doji Fukawa." she offers. "It is a pleasure to meet the elusive Bayushi Suteichi. Soshi-san had thought you might be a good partner for me last night in Sadane, but I would have remembered seeing you there."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:06 pm

"Sadane?! That would have been quite an event. I am sorry I missed it. Of course you would have done well right Doji-sama?" he asked.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Soshi-san took your place as my opponent, which was fun, but it was clear he was outmatched. Although Moto Khulan attempted to join in as well....which if you have met her, went about as well as one would have expected." she explains.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:33 pm

"Yes...she is quite an experience to meet. Enough about her. You were looking for me?! Is Doji-sama asking me to a challenge?" he asked with a faint wry grin.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:35 pm

A small shrug from the Doji.

"We might do that later, there is certainly....enough time in this village for such. Mostly I wanted to meet you....ah, of course, there is tonight's musical event you are putting on as well, yes?" she replies.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:47 pm

"Yes I am. Permitting that the weather is cooperative. I will send word to Governor Dabo-sama if we need to make a change. There is no point in letting this time we have go to waste. Won't you join me where I was sitting, I have some delicious castella to share if you have not received Inari's Blessing yet. While our clans may rival the courts, does not mean that our company cannot be enjoyed. Dozo?" he asked politely gesturing to where his samisen was.

"No need to refuse me three times, I insist on your company Lady Doji-sama." his smile again faint but warm and inviting.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Fukawa nodded, and sat where indicated.

"That would be lovely, Bayushi-san, thank you." she says accepting the offer. "Polite conversation is always welcome. How have you found the miai thus far?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Suteichi had a napkin of sorts where he kept the small cake piece. He offered a piece to the Doji maiden first then he took a bite. Shortly after cleaning his fingers, he strummed on the samisen a bit.

"I always enjoy conversation with proper people. The miai has gone well. Certainly a learning experience. I am sure that a lovely maiden as yourself has had quite the line of suitors, yes?!"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:08 pm

A small demure shrug from the Crane.

"Ah, perhaps, Bayushi-san. An anonymous poem here, a gesture there...." she teases. "It would be a strange miai indeed if a Doji bride interested no-one."

She looked over to the Scorpion.

"And what of you, Bayushi-san? Have you been capturing the hearts of many a Unicorn maid?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:15 pm

"I have met a number and of that number a few have been found interesting. I have yet to hold one in my pincers." he quipped.

"You mentioned poetry. Someone sent you something? I am a poet and yet I do not recall sending one of my writings to a Doji maiden."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Fukawa nodded at that.

"A shame that I have not captured Bayushi-san's interest enough to inspire a poem. The original that was delivered to me, I had to send back with my response to have a chance of finding the recipient. But I remember the original well enough.

Silken summer tent
I wonder if she’s inside
Will she let me in?

(Poetry: 25)"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Next

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion