When in Darkness, Light (D3, LM, Expecting)

Re: When in Darkness, Light (D3, LM, Expecting)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:27 am

Hideo bowed deeply, not having expected to meet two Shitome.

"Good morning Mina-sama. I hope you are well, and that this morning has found you both well. I am Seppun Hideo, priest of the Imperial Families. Inari-no-kami has indeed blessed me, and I hope you have been similarly blessed? I thank you both kindly for this generous invitation to meet, the Unicorn have been warm and welcoming hosts throughout my stay and I have enjoyed being here."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 am

"This is good to hear"

Chi-Pu walks to the cooking pot and checks on everything.

"Can we offer you something to eat?"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:25 am

"May I enquire as to what you are cooking Otaku-sama?" Hideo said as he drew closer to the group and the foods.
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:30 am

"It is just rice. We did not have it much during our travels. Otaku-sama prepared it. "

Chi-Pu smiles at Kitakuhime

"I like it. It is a dish people of the Empire eat daily, no?"

She looks back at the Imperial as she lifts off the lid and gets a serving spoon and bowl ready

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:24 pm

"Chi-Pu-senpai prepared it, actually. I merely asked her to help out." The girl waves for him to sit down and makes utensils ready to serve him rice and tea, as well. It was impromptu-made, in the middle of a camp.

"The day has been good. I had plenty of rest from a stressful night. Having Chi-Pu-senpai and Seppun-san for breakfast also makes things even brighter." She serves three bowls and three cups with Chi-Pu's help, then takes a tray and offers Hideo food and beverage while kneeling in front of the place he chose to sit.

"Please, enjoy."

A direct servant of the Emperor deserves the best treatment, and the benefit of our virtue. I hope he proves himself worthy.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Chi-Pu finishes assisting and covers the pot, following Kitakuhime to their guest. When the younger woman is seated, Chi-Pu follows suit, her legs tucked beneath herx back straight, and eyes forward. She on Kitakuhime's right side, though slightly farther back instead of directly parallel.

"If there is anything more you desire, please, let us know"

She smiles brightly and watches Hideo

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Hideo was genuinely surprised at the rice, although he did not show it. He finds his way to a seat close by so neither woman would need to move far, and accepts the tray with a smile and a bow of thanks.

"I am humbled by the efforts of mina-sama. Truly the Unicorn are the most gracious and welcoming hosts. I already had nothing but praise to inform my kin in Otosan Uchi regarding you and your kin."

He takes a moment to say a quiet "Itakamatsu" and offering a short prayer of thanks for the food before he spoke again.

"I do hope it is none of the guests that have been causing the stressful night? Please let me know if I can assist you and your kin in any way, I will be happy to do so."

He nodded to Chi-Pu "both of you."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 pm

"Itadakimasu!" Kitakuhime replies, getting a bite of the rice with her chopsticks.

After nomming on it for while –– and holding any compliments to how good it was due to loss of face –– she looks to Chi-Pu with a side glance and then rests the hashi across the bowl to reply, "We are honored by such compliments, although we are not worthy of it. Seppun-san is too kind."

She waves of any thoughts of worry with a gentle hand gesture, "The guests are polite, mannered and extremely friendly. We do feel like we are truly returning home, In fact, we are."

The Otaku heir sips her tea, and savors it for a second, before asking Hideo, "Chi-Pu-senpai were tlaking before you arrived. We have something we would like to ask, Seppun-san. If that's not too much of an intrusion for a first encounter."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:56 am

Hideo had taken a moment to enjoy a small amount of rice as he listened to Kitakuhime speak. He gave a nod of approval towards the women, happy that they had felt welcomed back.

"The Unicorn are home, and piece of Rokugan that been dearly missed is finally back in its rightful place. As for your request, it is no intrusion at all. I am more than happy to offer my counsel whenever Mina-sama wishes it, so please ask anything you wish, and if I can assist I shall to the best of my abilities."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:13 am

The girl goes directly into business. "The Unicorn must maintain a solid connection with the Imperial Families and our family has always been the one to keep our ancient traditions –– the way of the samurai –– alive through our pious example. Much like the Seppun, our ancestral was a woman. In her respect, the hierarchy within the Otaku is composed of matriarchs, and even the Unicorn Daimyo is a woman, much like Shinjo-no-kami."

There's a glance to Chi-Pu and it reconnects with Hideo. "The only man we serve is our Great and Most Honorable Hantei-heika. It would be a great honor to us if the Otaku could serve him directly. Yet, we are not worthy as the Seppun, and our strict code of conduct –– which I am sure Seppun-san will understand –– forbids our Battle Maidens to marry outside the Otaku."

Kitakuhime sips from the tea, adding, "What are Seppun-san's thoughts on this matter?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:58 am

Hideo placed his cup and the rice down, looking thoughtful at her words.

"I would first like to say how much it pleases me to hear that the Unicorn wish to continue a strong connection with the Imperial Families. I would hope that the number of my kin that have arrived here for this miai will show you that we also wish to keep a close connection with the men and women that have been away for so long."

He went quiet for a few moments, considering his next words.

"Yours is not the only matriarchal family in rokugan; the Moshi family of the Centipede have always been ruled by women, and while the men of the Matsu can stand on their own right, the family is always ruled by a women. However, there are many males gathered here who could risk your code; men of status within the Empire, who hold positions of importance within the Empire."

He took a moment to take a sip of tea, to wet his lips, before speaking again.

"I understand your code of conduct, and I believe I understand why you bring this up to me. Those I have met of the Shitome, yourselves, and Otaku Imane-sama, have been a delight to converse with. Very friendly, and welcoming. I would expect them to certainly be considered by the vast majority of males here as an ideal wife, both to help build friendships with the Unicorn and their clans and to learn more of the Unicorns was. This is the ideal behind a miai after all; it is political in design after all, and I would believe your superiors would have expected the clans great and minor would send samurai of importance to such a prestigious gathering; the first of its kind with the Unicorn clan. What has your daimyo said regarding the miai, may I enquire?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:21 pm

"Otaku-dono has been rather -selective- with the participation of the Otaku. This is a special moment, after all. She has selected the most esteemed members of the family, well ranked and birthed."

There's a hint of a blush on her cheeks, yet Kitakuhime manages to bows just in time. "We appreciate such you compliments nonetheless. Seppun-san is a true gentleman. I am confident Imane-chan would say the same."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Chi-Pu listens to the Imperial and watches him closely as he interacts with Kitakuhime. Upon hearing him mention Imane, Chi-Pu smiles a bit.

"Aye, Imane-san would be quite happy to hear your praise, Seppun-san."

"I have learned about the Matsu. They are a good match for Otaku in many ways, their honor mimics our own, and their warrior ways are very much equal. Tell us, do the men of the Empire find themselves shamed to marry a Matsu? Afraid that if they do they will have to give up their own glory?"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:58 pm

"Otoku-dono has selected individuals that have shown the Shitome as shining examples of the both the family and the Unicorn in general. Talented and honourable individuals. I was very impressed with the artistic skills of Otaku Imane-sama, the rainbow mane on Almatar is beautiful and very creative, and I'm sure when you and your kin were fighting through the darkness the sight of it would have inspired you forward."

He looked to Chi-Pu, shaking his head.

"While there are some in the Empire would not consider a Matsu bride an ideal option, those of a more courtly disposition, there is no shame with marrying a Matsu. The Matsu are brave and courageous warriors, and the samurai in question would be blessed with his next generation having the same courage and strength that the mother would display. However, the same can be said the other way round; the Matsu would not be ashamed to have married out of the Lion, even if it is uncommon. Marriage is a political arrangement, which brings two clans closer and hopefully creates a pairing that will both enjoy one another's company, and bring forth the next generation to serve the clan honourably and dutifully."

He took a moment to sip his tea, before looking at both women to see if they had more to ask.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:43 pm

"This is good to hear. Otaku men sometimes are worried they are not as important as the Shiotome, though they often forget without them, our steeds would have no trainers, and our infantry ranks would be much smaller. They have just an equal role in battle as the Battle Maidens I train. I am glad the people of the Empire can see the benefits of marrying into the Matsu, for that means they can see the benefits of marrying into the Otaku as well."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts