Curiosity killed the Big Cat [D3, LM, Open]

Re: Curiosity killed the Big Cat [D3, LM, Open]

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:20 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Is there anything in particular you are curious about?" he asked.

She ponders. "Since we are in the stables, maybe something based on your horses? Are there any stories about them?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:10 am

"Well, most of our horses are the result of breeding over the centuries." he explained. "What we brought with us from the Empire, combined with the Moto's steeds and continues adaptation as we traveled. They are large, strong and swift, but it is the Otaku steeds that are truly special."

"There was a time when our families were separated. The passage back to Rokugan had been destroyed. The clan split apart, to seek out a new route back to the Empire. Centuries would pass before we were reunited. The Otaku encountered a City of Sorcerers, a place the Ki-Rin had visited before. The sorcerers had grown more powerful and things went poorly for the Otaku. Most of them were captured, enslaved.' There was a pause. "Years later, Otaku Kunami and a new generation of Otaku returned and freed the others. In doing so, they also found and freed a herd of mystical horses, also enslaved by the sorcerers. An agreement between Kunami and Vata, the leader of the herd, brought them into service to the Otaku, to be ridden only by the women of the family."

"The Otaku steeds, descended from that herd, are smaller than ours, but leaner and more muscular. They are fast and sure-footed and possess unmatched stamina." He grinned. "They are amazing."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:35 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Well, most of our horses are the result of breeding over the centuries." he explained. "What we brought with us from the Empire, combined with the Moto's steeds and continues adaptation as we traveled. They are large, strong and swift, but it is the Otaku steeds that are truly special."

"There was a time when our families were separated. The passage back to Rokugan had been destroyed. The clan split apart, to seek out a new route back to the Empire. Centuries would pass before we were reunited. The Otaku encountered a City of Sorcerers, a place the Ki-Rin had visited before. The sorcerers had grown more powerful and things went poorly for the Otaku. Most of them were captured, enslaved.' There was a pause. "Years later, Otaku Kunami and a new generation of Otaku returned and freed the others. In doing so, they also found and freed a herd of mystical horses, also enslaved by the sorcerers. An agreement between Kunami and Vata, the leader of the herd, brought them into service to the Otaku, to be ridden only by the women of the family."

"The Otaku steeds, descended from that herd, are smaller than ours, but leaner and more muscular. They are fast and sure-footed and possess unmatched stamina." He grinned. "They are amazing."

Kogo listened intently, enthralled by the story. "So they are somehow spirits in their own way, the Otaku horses? That would explain their abilities." She paused. "I wonder what a city of sorcerers would be like. And the journeys your clan has been on. It seems you have stories to fill a hundred nights and still leave more!"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:51 am

"There are more stories than I have heard." he nodded. "I'm still learning our history. I suppose that learning never ends. And now, I am learning about the Empire."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"There are more stories than I have heard." he nodded. "I'm still learning our history. I suppose that learning never ends. And now, I am learning about the Empire."

She nods. "That is true. There is so much to learn. What do you find most interesting about the Empire so far?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:03 pm

"Everything." he laughed. "We had stories about Rokugan, of course. But, they could only convey so much. Then, there are the things we had little or no knowledge of. Such as the Lion having lions."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:06 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Everything." he laughed. "We had stories about Rokugan, of course. But, they could only convey so much. Then, there are the things we had little or no knowledge of. Such as the Lion having lions."

Her eyes widened. "You did not know? I guess it must have been something that developed after the Unicorn left." She pauses for a moment. "For all of that, your kinsman have been remarkably calm about Noburu's presence. The horses as well. I was concerned that might not be the case."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:37 am

"Not every detail of the Empire was carried with us when we left." he shrugged. "And, what I have learned of history is still fairly limited. I am sure there are things about every clan that I am unaware of."

"The lions, however." he smiled. "Gaining the trust of a magestic, wild creature. We can appreciate that."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Not every detail of the Empire was carried with us when we left." he shrugged. "And, what I have learned of history is still fairly limited. I am sure there are things about every clan that I am unaware of."

"The lions, however." he smiled. "Gaining the trust of a magestic, wild creature. We can appreciate that."

She smiled. "I am glad to know that. I had noticed many of the Unicorn seemed intrigued by her. Many others do not...appreciate Noburu's presence, but she is a part of my life. To lose her would be like losing an arm." She pauses, taking a deep breath.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:28 pm

"Most Unicorn would certainly appreciate that. I do not know what I would do without Sarangerel." He reached out to the horse again, running his hand along his neck.

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Most Unicorn would certainly appreciate that. I do not know what I would do without Sarangerel." He reached out to the horse again, running his hand along his neck.

She nods. "Your steeds seem as much a part of your lives as my Noburu is in mine. They seem to be equal partners in your life, just possessed of four feet instead of two. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:40 pm

"Equal? No, he's far more important to me." he smiled. "I imagine that many in the Empire might not understand that. That's why I am so pleased to learn about you and the other beastmasters."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Equal? No, he's far more important to me." he smiled. "I imagine that many in the Empire might not understand that. That's why I am so pleased to learn about you and the other beastmasters."

Kogo'a ears show the faintest hint of red but it would not be noticed by someone who doesn't know her well. "As I was to learn of your relationships to your steeds. It is a profound relief to not be thought odd for my relationship with Noburu."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:21 pm

"I would like to meet her." he said. "And, to learn more about you both."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"I would like to meet her." he said. "And, to learn more about you both."

She nods. "I would be honored Shinjo-San. Perhaps we might take her for a walk and a short hunt sometime. Though there is little here, she does not mind chasing an occasional ground hog for her enjoyment. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to The Stables