Past and Present [D3, LE, open, expecting)

Re: Past and Present [D3, LE, open, expecting)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:56 am

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"I see. That makes things complicated. Thank you for your council. Now, we were discussing the story of the Emerald Champion?"

Chi-Pu looks up at the shrine and then back to her companions.

Kogo sighs internally. Trust must be earned, not given Kogo. Be patient.

"Of course Otaku-san. But please know that I am available, should you have any other questions. I will also speak with my clanmate to see if he knows of anything regarding the mines in this area." She takes a brief breath and says, "The story of my ancestor and Kakita-sama is a complex one. There are several versions, depending on how one is told the story. I will tell you the story as I was taught it." She looks at Otaku-san.

"Once, when the Empire was young, the Emperor held a tournament to determine who would be his bodyguard. And to this tournament, proud Matsu-sama came. She was ferocious as a lion, tough as a bear. She felled her opponents one by one and it was thought that she was destined for this position. She seemed to stride through her opponents as if they were stalks in a wheat field."

"Matsu-sama was a proud woman and strong. But when it came to the final round, she met an opponent she had not planned for. Kakita-sama. He relied on speed, not strength, it was said and this was Matsu's downfall. The fight was intense and violent. Finally, at the end, Kakita-sama stood victorious. It was said that Kakita-sama had bowed to all of his opponents after defeating them, but did not for Matsu-sama. She was enraged at the dishonor done to her. Some say that Kakita-sama stated it was for the dishonor she had shown her foes. The fight created a grudge that lasts to this day, between the two families."

"It is part of why some are reluctant to share this story. Matsu-sama does not always appear in the best of lights in it, though her strength and tenacity cannot be doubted. Some say it is a sign of the differences between the Lion and the Crane, mirrors of each other, seeing Bushido in their own way and seeing it as truth. I am sure the Crane tell it in their own way as well. Even my Matsu clanmates may tell it differently, preferring to emphasize some parts more than others."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:27 am

"It is interesting how different people would interpret it. Were it me telling the story to my students, it would be as a means of teaching them that strength cannot beat all foes, and that one must train for speed as well."

She quickly adds

"Not that you do not value speed, Matsu-san, just that the story would be a good means of showing the importance of training in an aspect students do not like to train in."
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"It is interesting how different people would interpret it. Were it me telling the story to my students, it would be as a means of teaching them that strength cannot beat all foes, and that one must train for speed as well."

She quickly adds

"Not that you do not value speed, Matsu-san, just that the story would be a good means of showing the importance of training in an aspect students do not like to train in."

She nods. "Absolutely. Matsu-sama had her own flaws, despite the heresy that some of my family would call it that I termed it that way. She had her ways and she was set in them. It had value, in that with all of that force behind her, she was sometimes impossible to stop. But sometimes, it caused missteps and consequences. She had a tireless, fearless idea of her duty and an intense pride. But I have often wondered what her pride cost her in the end." She shakes her head. "I am philosophizing, like a Phoenix. Pray, ignore it."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Chi-Pu raises an eyebrow at the last bit of Kogo's statement.

"Philosophy has its place, Matsu-san, it is good to reflect. I am curious though, after all these years, people from both clans still allow this to be reasons to fight each other? Could say a Crane attack Lion lands and blame it on this championship?"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:Chi-Pu raises an eyebrow at the last bit of Kogo's statement.

"Philosophy has its place, Matsu-san, it is good to reflect. I am curious though, after all these years, people from both clans still allow this to be reasons to fight each other? Could say a Crane attack Lion lands and blame it on this championship?"

She ponders this. "I doubt that anyone would use such a flimsy excuse. But it could be fueling a conflict or cause perceptions of actions to colored. Offense might be assumed more quickly."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 pm

"There are many things that happen to ones ancestors that do not happen to us. It seems strange to allow the hostility to continue and blame something on someone that we may have never even been alive for their actions."

Chi-Pu shrugs

"I suppose this is another tradition in the Empire I will just need to accept however. There are many ways I do not understand or agree with, but part of returning home is relearning, no?"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"There are many things that happen to ones ancestors that do not happen to us. It seems strange to allow the hostility to continue and blame something on someone that we may have never even been alive for their actions."

Chi-Pu shrugs

"I suppose this is another tradition in the Empire I will just need to accept however. There are many ways I do not understand or agree with, but part of returning home is relearning, no?"

She nods her head. "Your words have wisdom Otaku-san. I tell you only what I know of others. It is not logical but it is something that is done. Some of my Lion kin might say I am too lenient in some things." She pauses. " it is true, we are all learning together. But I wonder if change is possible wth so many different ideas coming together. Perhaps things may shift in some way with the Unicorn's return. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:14 pm

"That would be our hope. We have taken in many during our rides, and we all learned from each other."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"That would be our hope. We have taken in many during our rides, and we all learned from each other."

She nods. "Has it been complicated at times? The differences in customs?" They come up to the Shrine. Kogo looks at it, pondering its meaning for a brief moment.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:24 pm

"Very much so, I would say. After all, your clan was quite insulted by ours for not following a tradition we had no idea was in place."

Chi-Pu looks over the shrine and smiles.

"It is calm here."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"Very much so, I would say. After all, your clan was quite insulted by ours for not following a tradition we had no idea was in place."

Chi-Pu looks over the shrine and smiles.

"It is calm here."

Kogo nods. "It is true. I admit, it is a tricky situation the Unicorn are in. Here, we have always thought of you as our lost Clan, who has not changed through the ages. Now, you return in all your complex glory. Sometimes a wish is less complex than its reality." Kogo looks to Otaku-san and tries to see the place through her eyes. She hesitates. "You are right. It is peaceful here. Quiet. I suspect I would not have found it so, had you not mentioned it."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:43 pm

"A fresh perspective can change many things, Matsu-san. Hopefully the Empire sees that in the Unicorn. And hopefully the Unicorn see that in the Empire. There are many changes."

She sighs

"I don't suppose my life will change all that much though. I think I know who I would like to partner with at the end of this Miai, and he has agreed that if I do not wish, we need not have children. So I would marry, stay with teh Unicorn, and continue to be Nikutai."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Otaku Chi-Pu wrote:"A fresh perspective can change many things, Matsu-san. Hopefully the Empire sees that in the Unicorn. And hopefully the Unicorn see that in the Empire. There are many changes."

She sighs

"I don't suppose my life will change all that much though. I think I know who I would like to partner with at the end of this Miai, and he has agreed that if I do not wish, we need not have children. So I would marry, stay with teh Unicorn, and continue to be Nikutai."

Kogo listens intently. "I am glad that you have found someone who would suit you already. That is a valuable thing. I would not wish to see such a warrior as you caged by expectations you did not want."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Yuuru looked surprised, "That's quite fast... and quite the decision to be okay with... Bearing children for your lord... isn't important to the Unicorn?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:12 pm

"I am not fully decided, Soshi-san, and to answer your question, the Phoenix already has a child. I would give him my name. The man will be hard to beat however, he is kind, understanding of the Unicorn traditions, and wishes not to change his wife in any way. I can learn from him, and his only desire is to learn from me in return."

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion