Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Fukawa places another stone next to the Dragon's original stone.

"Meanwhile, pressure mounts on the first newcomer who wonders where their assistance is." she offers.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Udo quickly places a stone next to his as well.

"Sometimes, it is a mistake to quickly call in one's allies. If the pressure is too great, it simply may mean more losses."

He looks up at the Doji. "How are you enjoying this evening of games? It has been quite eventful."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Eventful....yes." she replies. "The Moto and the Matsu seem to be getting along well. I've met three of the Moto so far, and they are all pretty different. Still, I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise for the Matsu to be taken with a samurai-ko who walks the same path of blades."

She looks over to the host.

"Our host has been quite charming. He even managed to make the time to play a game of sadane with me, which I quite enjoyed."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Most Moto learn to ride as soon as they can walk, the basics to guide the younger horses or older ones no longer used for battle. Things different here, it is known. Have you never ridden at all?” she asks.

Moto Baatar wrote:"Why, everyone should know how to ride," Baatar agreed. "Did they really not let you ride a horse to get here? I thought the River of Gold was pretty far away, surely they didn't make you walk?"

Hotaru stressed an anxious smile with a small titter of a laugh. "Nooo, I'm sort of embarrassed to say that I've never been on a horse before. Especially, haven't seen so many horses during my time here! Most of my travelling was done either on a boat, on foot and sometimes the occasional wagon on the road. The lesser servants of our Champion must do what they must to get where they need to be. Admittedly, it would have ben easier on a horse...if I knew how to ride a horse, and if I had one too."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm

“Who is teaching you to ride?” she asks.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:19 pm

She looked up at the towering woman for more than a few beats as she considered her answer.

"Well...Iuchi Dong-Ha-san has offered to provide me with an introduction on how to ride and get on a horse. However, I'm always open to more learning opportunities whenever possible. There's just so much to learn from the Unicorn, really!" Her lips showed a small smile.

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:22 pm

She chuckles glancing to the Great Dong-Ha and then says, “I am sure he will get you right in the saddle. If you need more lessons, Sayyed Baatar was practically born in the saddle.”

She adds, “We have much to learn from all, what have you learned from us?”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:Fukawa nods.

"Eventful....yes." she replies. "The Moto and the Matsu seem to be getting along well. I've met three of the Moto so far, and they are all pretty different. Still, I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise for the Matsu to be taken with a samurai-ko who walks the same path of blades."

She looks over to the host.

"Our host has been quite charming. He even managed to make the time to play a game of sadane with me, which I quite enjoyed."

"Indeed, I came because of his invitation myself. He seemed very taken with games, and happy to have the company here."

Udo looks over toward the Moto and an odd look crosses his face. "I will agree on the Moto. I don't quite know what to think, but, as asked, one gives the benefit of the doubt... Like when I changed the stone color with you. Courtesy wins out."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:She chuckles glancing to the Great Dong-Ha and then says, “I am sure he will get you right in the saddle. If you need more lessons, Sayyed Baatar was practically born in the saddle.”

She adds, “We have much to learn from all, what have you learned from us?”

"I'll probably need all the lessons I can get!" She giggled on an optimistic note.

I'm being...tested now? "A few things! I've learned that everyone in the Unicorn has to be pitch-in from time to time, even if that means tending to goats or milking them. I've gotten a few hints of what it means to be constantly on the road, dealing with foreign strangers, appeasing them and making do with everything around you. There are just so many things we take for granted that aren't possible while travelling, like temples or farm lands. The Iuchi have proven to be fascinating with their own brand of mysticism, something all shugenja is very curious about!"

She gave a gesture to both Moto whom she was talking to are the present. "I've heard that the Moto revere their Lords of Death, which is something I'm hoping to learn in due time, as someone who values in learning all things greater than us. I could go on, but all in all, I've learned quite a bit. Strange I haven't learned about getting on a horse yet, ne?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Courtesy is very important. Our hosts have a very firm grip on Honesty, but with at least one of them, they seem to be trying to live their life with just Honesty. It has been a challenge to get through to him why the various small talks and small gestures of our society are just as important as whether or not you are honest." she replies.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Khulun frowns and makes a warding motion and spits on the ground and then stamps it and says, “Lords of Death are old gods, jealous and angry. To evoke their name is to be two times cursed, it is known.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:Fukawa nods.

"Courtesy is very important. Our hosts have a very firm grip on Honesty, but with at least one of them, they seem to be trying to live their life with just Honesty. It has been a challenge to get through to him why the various small talks and small gestures of our society are just as important as whether or not you are honest." she replies.

"Balance is of great importance. The truth of words is only one type of truth. And, the value in speaking the truth is as much for the listener as the speaker. If one cannot communicate the truth with wisdom, then its value may be lost."

"The Moto seem to be a physical family. Perhaps you can provide a demonstration?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:58 pm

The petite Crane girl with all the physical power of a sleepy kitten, tilted her head and looked at the Dragon curiously.

"Demonstrate Sincerity physically?" she asked, apparently not having spent too much time on rooftops with dragon monks.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun frowns and makes a warding motion and spits on the ground and then stamps it and says, “Lords of Death are old gods, jealous and angry. To evoke their name is to be two times cursed, it is known.”

"Oooh..." Hotaru said slowly, her good mood faded and she looked deflated after hitting a sour note with the Moto. She recalled it wasn't the first time, after what happened at the banquet.

Ah, Fortunes...think quick! Hotaru mustered the strength to wave her reservations away to mimic the warding motion and spit on the ground. There wasn't much spit from the short Scorpion, more like a tiny spittle, but she felt it was already too much from the uncouth act. She stepped it down twice with her foot, then dipped in a deep bow to apologize. "My deepest and greatest apologies, Moto-san. I didn't mean to curse or insult. Hopefully...they might forgive me?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:19 pm

“They never forgive. If they are angered then you will be dragged to hell, it is known. I do not know much about them, those are old ways but it is said they steal the souls of Moto,” she wards again without spitting.

“How you know of them?”
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts