For A Horse, Of Course [D2 EM]

Re: For A Horse, Of Course [D2 EM]

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:54 pm

" A lot depends on goals, are you exploring thier culture or bringing them home? If the latter someone knowledgable in thier lore who can fit in at court, if the former someone who could help you to survive amongst them while you learn about them."

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:33 pm

"Very much the latter, more likely than not, though I cannot say for certain about my cousins that are also here for the same purpose. An adjustment to the ways of the Empire is already an arduous journey of mental fortitude - to take one step further and be brought into the lifestyle of the Imperial Families even moreso," the Otomo commented.

"As befitting as it might be to bring back to the Capital a storyteller and one so trained in the courty arts... I cannot put my finger on it, but perhaps the Empire and my family would be served much better with someone more than that. Though learn our traditions and ways they still must, a Moto or Otaku, for instance, would make for a fine commander of the Imperial Legions and contribute greatly toward its cavalry. This one's household filled with enough books and papers already: perhaps there is reason why I cast eyes for now at my opposite. Such can change in due time, but that is how things rest for now."
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?
Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 2.5 | Courtship Points: 8

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:30 pm

He nods " The imperial legions will eventually have Ki-rin officers one way or the other. Honestly though any of the Otaku samurai-ko I have met it seems would fit well in any court north of Beiden pass. They seem almost as well trained as the ide in such"

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:30 pm

"Indeed, the Ide and Otaku both, I imagine, would not have trouble picking up and adapting to life in the Capital quickly, such as it is. I have heard much of the inquisitive and scholarly nature of some of the Iuchi while would also be fitting. Perhaps this one will be surprised to discover that he will be remaining in the Unicorn lands at the end of the miai, but such will come with its own opportunities as well: the ability to spend much time learning the stories of the Clan and writing them down, certainly," he reasoned aloud.

"Just the same, were you to be stationed here then I imagine there would be much adjustment to be made with regards to your 'sister'..." Tenzo pointed out as he looked the large warcat up and down.
Imperial | Seiyaku | Archivist | Wealthy | Blessed | Fortunate... or not so much?

Carries: personal chop, chopsticks, kiseru, sake cup, fan, and pleeeenty of paper

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:55 am

"We go where duty decrees, so far everyone seems to be very accepting of Kyra-chan, both the Moto and the Otaku seem to enjoy her company, the Moto seemed rather fascinated by her"

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:59 pm

"Most interesting," he responded as he continued to look at Kyra. "She is quite well-trained and well-behaved. I image that your training in the dojo with her was... fairly unique to say the least."

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:10 pm

" The beastmaster dojo is unique through out the empire our partners are some of the bravest most disciplined warriors in the empire. I have been told that I have a spark of Kitsu blood in my blood line, not enough to speak with the kami or amcestors but enough to make warcats listen to me more then other samurai. Myself and Kyra chan went through gempukku together, we received the highest score and were honored to serve as door guards for Akodo domos wedding as a reward last year."

Shimizu Ryori

Postby Otomo Tenzo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:03 pm

"The mysteries of the Kitsu blood that flows within you indicates much: I would not call myself an expert in the handling and training of creatures, but I have enough know-how through which to direct a horse and keep one calm as needed. This one can tell only by looking at interaction between the two of you that there is a connection far, far deeper than that, almost as if you were of one mind - that, I can assume, is but what your sensei must have been looking for," the Otomo guessed.

"A great honor indeed to have been selected to stand watch over such a most joyous affair, Shimizu-san. It would have been the talk, perhaps, of quite a number in my own family and among my cousins even were it not for the Son of Heaven's own earlier in the year. Even still, there was much speculation in the Capital regarding the particulars."

Description!
Otomo Tenzo

Previous

Return to The Stables