Hedging Bets [D3 LM OPEN]

Re: Hedging Bets [D3 LM OPEN]

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:00 pm

"Everything that needs to be said."

"Though I am glad to hear it was more me than Shinjo Liu Yue. It seemed awkward, but as I said, there are many possible reasons."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Tomonaga nodded, smiling easily. Whether it was something uncomfortable, or something private, Udo clearly didn't want to share.

"Mmmm..." Tomonaga made his thoughtful face again. "Well, I felt a little bit of awkwardness, myself. I mean, I can be formal. I've certainly been trained to do that, since we trade with Crane, and similarly, errr, formal clans. But I'd much rather just talk, you know?" He shrugged. "That still doesn't mean it was her. Could have been both of us."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 pm

"I have certain luxuries you do not. Everyone expects Dragon to be odd, and Togashi doubly so. If I do something amiss or strange, they say 'well he is a monk' or 'that's an ise zumi.'" Udo drinks some more sake.

"When I drop my on or say something odd, no one thinks twice, though they may not like it. I'd imagine it is quite different for you. If you do not act as a proper samurai, they wonder what is wrong with you."

Udo shrugs. "It is why I understand your formality. You need to be. But, as a Togashi, I am a samurai when I want to be, and a monk when that's better." His grin goes from ear to ear. "One might say I cheat."

"But, it does also mean that some won't talk to me. It is why I am glad when I make friends," he said, gesturing toward the Crab and then finishing off his sake.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Tomonaga's smile became a bit wry as Udo spoke, although he gave a surprised laugh as the Togashi compared it to cheating. "Ah, that is cheating! Well, I won't begrudge you that."

The smile became wry again. "But as for the rest... yeah, pretty much. Well, more or less. If I do something improper for a samurai, they say 'well, he is a Crab'. I don't think that gets the same leeway that being a monk does."

His eyes narrowed. "Ah... I may be showing my face a little here, but since you were open with me, I'll be open with you. I can use that, too. Being a Crab, I mean. Although... I'm not sure it counts as 'using', really, since that's who I really am. And I like that, so far, the Unicorn haven't seemed to mind."

"Awww, hey." Tomonaga said, grinning. "You're a good guy, Togashi-san. And I've enjoyed talking with you. I'd be happy to share sake with you again. Feel free to drop by my yurt or whatever anytime you'd like."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 pm

"Most assuredly. I'm sure we will bump into each other soon. I will try to come with more tales of the Unicorn if you will do the same."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:25 pm

"Will do, Togashi-san." Tomonaga said.

Flipping over his empty cup, he returned it to the folds of his kimono. "Well, in Crab lands, the party's over when the sake's finished." He said. "Think that's my cue to leave." Turning, he bowed to Udo. "Thanks for the chat, Togashi-san. Until we meet again, eh?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Udo bows to the Crab.

(OOC: IF we meet again)

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:28 pm

And with that, Tomonaga strolls casually off.

/scene. And good luck!
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Previous

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion