Repeating Kata (D3, LA, Expecting)

Repeating Kata (D3, LA, Expecting)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 am

A few kicks and punches. The best thing to stress off after such a ridiculous display in the Archery Field. Kitakuhime's lack of skill in jiujutsu is apparent –– or she's a master of angry fighting: the girl merely throws punches and kicks on the wooden target while snarling.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Re: Repeating Kata (D3, LA, Expecting)

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 pm

After the archery contest, Yuichi goes to the Calm Heart dojo to practice his martial arts. He felt great after hitting four our of five target despite never having shot a yumi before.

'' I should try to practice these things more oft...'' He noticed that there was a gaijin girl already practicing at the dojo. He was in a good mood today so the presence of another human did not bother him, yet...

'' Konnichi-wa '' He bows to the gaijin girl but does not say anything else. He goes to one corner of the dojo and adopted his jiujutsu opening posture.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:05 pm

She listens to the incoming masked figure in the middle oh his own monologue and turns around. Her eyes narrow, but as soon as he bows, so does she, "Konnichiwa, Scorpion-san. This one is Otaku Kitakhime, Shiotome of the Unicorn, and heir to the Otaku. Yoroshiku onegaiishumasu!"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:15 am

hmmm a gaijin kuge. Yuichi stopped just before starting his jiujitsu practice. He turn around and bow to the Otaku again after hearing who she was.

'' This one is Yogo Yuichi, wardmaster apprentice and priest of the kami. Nice to meet you Otaku-sama'' He was offering a bit more deferential treatment because she was a kuge of the Unicorn, and he was in their land. After formally introducing himself he once again adopted his jiujitsu opening stance.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:27 pm

"Wardmaster?" That catches her attention. "Which kind of art is that?"

She tilts her head a bit, putting a hand over her waist.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:51 pm

'' We are a small group of shugenjas from the Yogo family that create permanent magical wards with the kami's help. '' Yuichi explained in the simplest terms he could thought. '' We use this lent power to protect the Empire and fight the 'true enemy' ''

Well it seems that his training could wait.

'' I didn't know there were kuge among the Unicorn as miai participants, Otaku-sama'' He said.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:50 pm

"Oh." She bows to him. "Thank you for your service, Yogo-san."

Kitakuhime smiles, "Kuge? Oh. From what I have learned, that's a title for Shinjo-dono herself and her close family. The Otaku are retainers of the Unicorn. We follow Shinjo-no-kami's family's leadership."

"Can you ward someone's weapon to fight this enemy?" She inquires him, seemingly out of nowhere.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Yuichi found strange than someone recognized his family duty. He doesn't make any comment about it.

'' Kuge is a term used for the Empire's nobles. The Son of Heavens and his family and the Imperial families are all kuge, but also the Clan's Champions and their direct families, and the great families' daimyos and their direct families are considered Kuge. '' Yuichi explained. '' So if you are the daughter of the Otaku family daimyo, then by default it makes you a Kuge of the Unicorn, Otaku-sama.''

'' Ward a weapon? I guess it could be done by attaching a ward to it and discharging the kami's power into it. '' He shrugs '' Why do you ask, Otaku-sama?'' He asks.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:29 pm

"..."

Kuso. Change subject.

"Oh! It seems the knowledge past to me is true to its roots, and has been adapted somehow. I'm honored." She bows once again.

--
Gains Kuge to Signature

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:17 pm

'' ... ''

'' Right... well, it's only natural that your knowledge about Rokugan and its traditions changed after so many years away, Otaku-sama. ''

'' And I'm glad that you show interest in wards, not many people in the Empire are interested in our magical traditions '' He bows to the Otaku. '' I was surprised that one of your clanmates, Shinjo Liu Yue-san also shown interest in this area of magical research. Have you met her?'' He asked.

'' Oh, and by the way I'm also interested in your magical traditions, Otaku-sama. This thing you call 'meishodo' it seems like an interesting type of magical application. I'm looking forward to see it in person. '' Yuichi says.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:23 pm

"You would have to talk with the Iuchi to understand more about their art. My knowledge is shallows. I am not versed in the priestly and mystical affairs as they are... or as Yogo-san is, I believe." She smiles. "I have met Liu Yue-san before, yes. I haven't had the chance to meet her at the miai, though. What was your impression?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 pm

'' Yeah, Shinjo-san said the same. I guess I should meet with one of your Iuchi priest to discuss these matters further. ''

'' Well she's...strong, determined and wise for her age. She is somewhat interesting ... I suppose '' He replies. There's a worried expression behind Yuichi's mask. It can be noticed by looking at his eyes.

'' In any case, she has been helpful by aiding me understand some of your clan's traditions and history. For example, I didn't knew there was a gaijin language called mek...mek...mekuhemu that is used in Yakeru yoni Atsui. She told me about that. ''
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:46 pm

"Mekhem," The girl points out wile holding down her hakama to sit on her legs –– inviting Yuichi to do the same. "I wasn't trained in that language, or in any other if not Rokugani. As heir of the Otaku, it is my duty to be an example of our early traditions to honor our ancestors."

"Are these wards something the Yogo use to bless others with the kami's favor?" She wonders, looking to the signs written around the dojo and tapping her chin.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:05 pm

'' Ha! that's it. I can't pronounce it. '' Yuichi sat in seiza. '' Hmm? so your duty is to keep the Rokugani traditions of the Unicorn clan? I heard that you also are great warriors, fighting alongside with some powerful steeds. '' He commented.

After her question Yuichi opens his scroll satchel and show her a normal Yogo paper ward. '' We use the power of the kami to inscribe magical effects within these paper wards... '' The ward is made out of a very high quality paper. '' To turn them into this...'' And now he shows her a magical Yogo ward. It glows with orange, red and yellow colors. It has the kanji for fire. The kanji is not made out of ink, it is pure magical energy in the form of that partiular kanji.

'' We can certainly use them to bless others but also myself or areas. This particular ward is inscribed with a prayer called 'Fires of Purity'. It uses the power of the fire kami to create a shroud of flames that protects the caster or others. If someone else gets too close, he will burn by the power of the kami. '' He explained.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:21 am

Her eyes widen at the display of such blessings. She puts her hands together as if in a prayer, and provides a small nod. "Fires of Purity. That is indeed a gift of the kami."

After analyzing the piece thoroughly with her eyes, the girl politely replies his questions, "Our duty is to serve the Unicorn as Otaku-shiryo and her descendants served Shinjo-no-kami. We follow their steps in deeds and words. In battle we are fearless and destructive. In friendship, we are honest and courteous. We strive to be an example of Bushido: the ancestral traditions of the samurai. We have passed these lessons from generation to generation, and kept their values alive all these years –– specially within the Shiotome."

The fires of purity burns within.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Next

Return to Calm Heart Dojo