Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:34 pm

“Many play games… I never had much time for them, some use stones or goat bones. Dice games… I like Buzukashi, personally, but no dead goats and you would need a horse. You like games?” she replies in kind.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:
Ryuuta Tsume wrote:...

"Oh? What is that game like? I've never played before! And dice sound fun," he says sounding intrigued.

"It is a game of chance, using four dice, one for each of the elements and one for Lord Moon. It is a bit of a rogue's game but tonight seems to be that sort of night. I am certain there will be a set around."
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:35 pm

"You honor me," he says, sitting back down.

"Perhaps you can look at Go in a different way? It doesn't simulate violence, it simply simulates strategy. All pieces are equal on the Go board. It is just as easy to imagine it as a game of the court, where you are trying to find allies to your cause, finally defeating your opponent through alliances... all gained through clever word play."

Udo shrugs with a small smile. "It is what you make of it, which I have found true for all of my interactions at the miai."

Udo begins collecting all the black stones and putting them back into his bowl so that the board is empty.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Le's meet after the event, so we don't have to worry about that (*)" he suggested, happy to see her smile. "it's agreed then."

"Yes, exactly so. She's a gentle horse that got me safely to Rokugan. I wouldn't change her for the bravest of warhorses." There was certain pride in his voice. "And she's used to carrying more than one person. She used to carry my siblings before... before they went missing."

"I guess... I could bring some snacks, so we have something to eat while we exchange stories?"

"Yes, it sounds best to avoid scheduling something that might conflict with our host's arrangements... even if I decided to not try my hand at archery. I might've been able to hit a target if I got lucky, but it was a challenge more for the bushi than for me."

Hearing about Poppy and the plans, she nodded eagerly. "That sounds like a good plan. I can bring some tea, if you'd like to try some?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Goat bones?! Dead goats? Is there any part of the goat they don't use for anything? "Unfortunately, I don't have a horse of my own. Yet, anyway! Sometimes we get some children at the temple and I play a few games with them, simple games like hide and seek or spinning tops, but I don't play too many myself. However, I'm more than willing to give most games a try. For now, I might just have to stick to those that don't require a horse until I get my own!" She chuckled softly.

"Actually, I'm planning to get some riding lessons soon," she brought up.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:52 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Yes, it sounds best to avoid scheduling something that might conflict with our host's arrangements... even if I decided to not try my hand at archery. I might've been able to hit a target if I got lucky, but it was a challenge more for the bushi than for me."

Hearing about Poppy and the plans, she nodded eagerly. "That sounds like a good plan. I can bring some tea, if you'd like to try some?"

"Of course!" he replied eagerly, making a note to pack flint and tinder with him. Unless she planned on bringing cold tea, they'd need to bring water to boil somehow. "Did Usagi-san bring some tea with herself or do you plan to ask tea from the servants?" The tea that was publicly available was far from great. Not that Dong-Ha would have known that as he mostly drank milk and water. "I have to admit I hadn't had much tea before Ide brought some to us... we mostly drink milk and water."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"Actually, I'm planning to get some riding lessons soon," she brought up.

“Most Moto learn to ride as soon as they can walk, the basics to guide the younger horses or older ones no longer used for battle. Things different here, it is known. Have you never ridden at all?” she asks.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:"You honor me," he says, sitting back down.

"Perhaps you can look at Go in a different way? It doesn't simulate violence, it simply simulates strategy. All pieces are equal on the Go board. It is just as easy to imagine it as a game of the court, where you are trying to find allies to your cause, finally defeating your opponent through alliances... all gained through clever word play."

Udo shrugs with a small smile. "It is what you make of it, which I have found true for all of my interactions at the miai."

Udo begins collecting all the black stones and putting them back into his bowl so that the board is empty.

Fukawa considers it, and nods.

"Wise words, Togashi-san." she says. "If it is what you make of it, I take it you have made much of your interactions at the miai?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:Fukawa considers it, and nods.

"Wise words, Togashi-san." she says. "If it is what you make of it, I take it you have made much of your interactions at the miai?"

"It has been the sowing season, though no one told me what the seeds were that I planted. In time, some seeds will sprout and grow, some bearing food and others beautiful flowers." Udo shrugs. "Time will tell if I have made much of my time here, but certainly I have made something of it."

Udo hands the Crane the black stones and places all the white stones into the other bowl while he speaks, and then places a white stone close to the Doji.

"A monk, standing alone, in another's territory." He gestures the Doji should lay a stone. "Perhaps someone will join him soon?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"Unfortunately, I don't have a horse of my own. Yet, anyway! Sometimes we get some children at the temple and I play a few games with them, simple games like hide and seek or spinning tops, but I don't play too many myself. However, I'm more than willing to give most games a try. For now, I might just have to stick to those that don't require a horse until I get my own!" She chuckled softly.

"Actually, I'm planning to get some riding lessons soon," she brought up.

"Why, everyone should know how to ride," Baatar agreed. "Did they really not let you ride a horse to get here? I thought the River of Gold was pretty far away, surely they didn't make you walk?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Of course!" he replied eagerly, making a note to pack flint and tinder with him. Unless she planned on bringing cold tea, they'd need to bring water to boil somehow. "Did Usagi-san bring some tea with herself or do you plan to ask tea from the servants?" The tea that was publicly available was far from great. Not that Dong-Ha would have known that as he mostly drank milk and water. "I have to admit I hadn't had much tea before Ide brought some to us... we mostly drink milk and water."

"I brought some with me, as... I wasn't sure what sort of tea the Unicorn might have brought with them on their travels," she seemed a little embarrassed and hoped it wouldn't make her look like a poor guest. "Apart from water, tea is the most common thing to drink in most clans, so I couldn't really imagine going too long without at least some daily tea."

"Never had milk to drink. Well, apart from the kumis during the feast, but never tried it before that."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:
"I brought some with me, as... I wasn't sure what sort of tea the Unicorn might have brought with them on their travels," she seemed a little embarrassed and hoped it wouldn't make her look like a poor guest. "Apart from water, tea is the most common thing to drink in most clans, so I couldn't really imagine going too long without at least some daily tea."

"Never had milk to drink. Well, apart from the kumis during the feast, but never tried it before that."

Well it tastes like... milk.. How did you describe the taste of milk anyway. "Oh, so what kind of tea you brought?" Dong-Ha wasn't knowledgeable enough to consider her actions inappropriate. Nomads shared of the little they had, and were grateful of every offering given. "I see... I have some shochu with me, but that's perhaps better saved for later." Now, he had ridden horse while tipsy, but didn't particularly feel like doing it again. "I have also some yokan left, if you are interested?" He had eaten half of his stash with the Scorpion and saw no problems sharing what remained with the Hare.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:
Doji Fukawa wrote:Fukawa considers it, and nods.

"It has been the sowing season, though no one told me what the seeds were that I planted. In time, some seeds will sprout and grow, some bearing food and others beautiful flowers." Udo shrugs. "Time will tell if I have made much of my time here, but certainly I have made something of it."

Udo hands the Crane the black stones and places all the white stones into the other bowl while he speaks, and then places a white stone close to the Doji.

"A monk, standing alone, in another's territory." He gestures the Doji should lay a stone. "Perhaps someone will join him soon?"

Go wasn't the Doji's game..but she found the stone color choices odd. White was in her clan colors, and didn't black go first? Ah well, Go with a Togashi, what could you expect.

She places a black stone next to the white stone.

"When one is alone, one is free, but unable to accomplish much. As others gather around you, your potential increases, but your freedom decreases." she reminds him.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Ryuuta Tsume wrote:...

"That sounds quite interesting, and this does seem to be a night for things out of the ordinary," he says with a smirk.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:Go wasn't the Doji's game..but she found the stone color choices odd. White was in her clan colors, and didn't black go first? Ah well, Go with a Togashi, what could you expect.

She places a black stone next to the white stone.

"When one is alone, one is free, but unable to accomplish much. As others gather around you, your potential increases, but your freedom decreases." she reminds him.

Udo considers her words and looks at the board. "New arrivals," he places a stone closer to himself, "are unknown quantities. Though contact before they have arrived inclines them somewhat toward one side."

More info.
Togashi Udo

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts