Day 3 [LM] Taking The Field (Expecting)

Re: Day 3 [LM] Taking The Field (Expecting)

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:56 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:"Oh. These are delicious Bayushi-san! Red bean paste? It does not sound so appealing, but the taste is wonderful. I think I prefer the Chinsuko though, just slightly. Thank you for bringing these, Bayushi-san is most thoughtful don't you agree Sayedda Khulun?"

"These will fatten you right up, put some meat on them hips," she says to her cousin with kindness.

"Keep these coming and I might have to take him home with me," she jokes between mouthfuls.
Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Mother says to have proper etiquette soooo...

Suteichi begrudgingly took another sip. A second sip was as bad as the first. Horrible drink is horrible.

"Well that is enough for me. I thank you for the kind words and you are also most kind Otaku-sama. I would very much like for you to participate in the music event tomorrow evening."

Khulun is pleased he is willing to try and says, “If I have time, I would be honored to share my talents. I am no singer, but I do enjoy sharing our ways.”

“I promise nothing, the Moto have many demands of me.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj looks at her with half-confusion, half-caution. He takes careful note of what Fukawa leaves out of her enumeration. That can fit in 'much more' still, but...

"Butaj is grateful for the praise. But Butaj senses a but." The corners of his lips curve up against his emotional better judgement even as the lower lip is held in a pinch that pushes Butaj's sharp stubble and beard forth.
"

So she ran counter to his senses.

"AND" she stresses, "I want to help you and yours. What can I do to help, Moto-san?

[The Soul of Honor: 45]
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"Well that is enough for me. I thank you for the kind words and you are also most kind Otaku-sama. I would very much like for you to participate in the music event tomorrow evening."

She smiled politely. "Then I look forward to attending your event tomorrow Bayushi-san, thank you for the invitation. I shall bring all of my instruments!"

Moto Khulun wrote:"These will fatten you right up, put some meat on them hips," she says to her cousin with kindness.

"Keep these coming and I might have to take him home with me," she jokes between mouthfuls.

"Oh you. I'm still growing you know." Imane gave Khulun a small smile. "Now now, don't tease the gentleman, I'm not sure how well Moto humour translates."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:02 pm

Khulun nods and says, “My apologies cousin.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:54 pm

"The more instruments the merrier the music. I believe one of your clansmen will grace us with song. Ide...Ide Amaya-sama."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:46 am

Doji Fukawa wrote:So she ran counter to his senses.

"AND" she stresses, "I want to help you and yours. What can I do to help, Moto-san?

[The Soul of Honor: 45]

It take a moment and several thoughtful frowns for Butaj to collect his thoughts. "Butaj is neither an Ide nor anyone important to really know how Doji Fukawa could help his brethren in general. And Butaj? Butaj doesn't have any big problems that he needs solved, nor any great ambitions he would like to come true. Butaj likes to be appreciated for how he performs for music is important for Butaj. Same can be said about wrestling and some other things, Butaj likes to be among people who see his worth in general. But first of all Butaj wants to do something good for his Clan in blending in, and so Butaj is ready to be married to another Clan so they could learn our ways and friendship through Butaj. So it's better that it's an important Clan, not one of those little ones. Butaj would be sad to leave the Unicorn Clan but maybe it will turn out well and Butaj could find a strong new purpose in a new place, alongside his wife." He looks at her. "So Doji Fukawa could marry Butaj. Though Butaj would like for some tender feelings to be between him and his wife and it is not likely you could have those for Butaj so maybe it's not a great idea. But Butaj is not really sure how this pairing kurultai really should work. Back in the day when man and woman had tender feelings for each other one chased the other on horseback and if the hunted was caught or later kidnapped in some other way, the families would respect that and there would be a wedding. Butaj has a hunch that if he did it here it wouldn't turn out well though."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Marry this crying wreck of a barbarian? Fukawa would sooner hurl herself into the sea. But she did want to help him.

"Moto-san, your goals are noble, but marrying into the Crane would cost you so much. The Crane put a very high value on the small talk and small courtesies that disturb you so. Our warriors are not cavalry, they are experts at iaijutsu who find and duel enemy commanders, and they are defenders who keep the important safe.

You would have to give up so much. You are a stallion who was born to run, and a Crane's path is filled with eggshells that must not be broken.

I will grant you that you have a natural talent for music, and with proper Crane training in that you could go far, but would you really want to give up most of all of the rest of you for that? You would have a much easier time integrating into the Crab or the Dragon. My advice to you would be to seek a member of one of those clan's out and consider what your future would be like with one of them. But if you really wish to become Crane, I will teach you the best that I can."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"The more instruments the merrier the music. I believe one of your clansmen will grace us with song. Ide...Ide Amaya-sama."

Khulun chews on her jerky and nods at the Scorpions words but this was her cousin’s moment so she refrained from saying anything.

She was getting a feeling this Scorpion might not like her... weird.
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Butaj thinks. Without knowing Fukawa's thoughts he can say it is not a firm no, just a qualified one. Not that his is attracted to the frail 14-year-old. But there is something formative about her words and this moment. Letting out a sigh, he speaks, having made a tentative decision.

"In the end it's not about what is easy or hard for Butaj, but whether Butaj can be useful to help the Unicorn find their due place in the East. Doji Fukawa is right that Butaj would probably make a poor Crane except for the moments he plays music. But Butaj wants to learn, to understand the people he'll be dealing with whatever Clan he ultimately is married into. Butaj doesn't have to be the best dancer among on eggshells, seeing them scattered on the ground may be enough for Butaj. Butaj does not know if he can be educated in eastern ways but no-one has tried before in more than a token way."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Fukawa nods.

"There is a great deal to learn, Moto-san. I am willing to teach what I can in the time that we have during this miai, if you truly want to learn." she offers sincerely.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:08 pm

"Butaj thinks there is no harm in trying if Doji Fukawa is willing to do it." Something triggers in Butaj's mind though. "What would you be expecting of Butaj?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"The more instruments the merrier the music. I believe one of your clansmen will grace us with song. Ide...Ide Amaya-sama."

Imane did not know Amata but nodded. "I look forward to hearing her performance Bayushi-san. This sounds like a wonderful gathering! It will be interesting to see how our different musical styles blend together."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:15 pm

"Of course Lady Otaku-sama. I am expecting a wonderful turn out. Well, I would hate for this day to get away from us. Was there anything you wish to know more about me Lady Otaku-sama?"

His focus was solely on her. He completely ignored Khulun.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Butaj thinks there is no harm in trying if Doji Fukawa is willing to do it." Something triggers in Butaj's mind though. "What would you be expecting of Butaj?"

"Your trust and good effort." she replies honestly. "I will ask for nothing that violates your core beliefs, but if I tell you something is important, I want you to trust that it is, not debate for an hour about why it is."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:06 am

"Butaj will trust Doji Fukawa then." Butaj nods. "So Butaj will understand why things are the way they are later, or never?" He pauses. "Will Butaj have a say on what he will be taught? There are some things Butaj needs to know sooner rather than later."

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields