Backing the right horse [D2, EA]

Re: Backing the right horse [D2, EA]

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:58 pm

"So that she will be a rainbow of light riding through the darkness" Hideo commented, looking visibly impressed by the girls reasoning "that's an incredible reason. Quite thoughtful too. I'm sure your kin would have been inspired seeing the rainbow-coloured mane of Almatar charging forward and out of the darkness."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Imane seemed pleased that the Seppun understood.

"Yes, exactly right! She is an inspiring sight when we charge into battle, all Colour and Fury. There is nothing quite like a Shiotome cavalry charge Seppun-sama."

She smiled and stroked the horse on its nose.

"This is the life of an Otaku. For a woman at least. Our menfolk may train horses, but never ride our steeds into battle. They often look after the household while we go to war."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:28 am

"While I would hope to never be on the receiving end of a Shitome cavalry charge, watching Almatar charging into battle would be a quite remarkable sight to behold. Perhaps I may yet get a chance to see her ride in the future?" Hideo suggested, keeping hopes and expectations hidden behind a smile "I would certainly be honoured to watch Otaku-sama and Almatar in union on the fields."

He paused a moment to consider the Otaku males life.

"The Matsu and the Moshi are also very female-ruled families. So the male would never be able to ride? May I enquire as to why?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:57 pm

"If you were to join the Unicorn then seeing us charge is a possibility Seppun-sama, but I expect that if you wish to see us riding together in less dramatic circumstances that could be arranged."

She collected her brush and began to comb Almatar's mane. After a few moments she seemed happy and returned to their conversation.

"Otaku men do ride Seppun-sama. In fact they are often very involved in training our horses. However, they may not ride an Otaku steed into combat."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Hideo looked interested as she suggests seeing the Shitome riding.

"While I would certainly welcome seeing the legendary Shitome and their honourable companions ridiing, I would not wish to impose on you Otaku-sama."

Hideo went silent during the brushing, watching the focus of the woman. He smiled when she returned, nodding in understanding. "My apologies, I misunderstood. However, I am still curious why the male Otaku do not ride into battle."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:11 pm

"It would not be an imposition Seppun-sama, we ride every morning. Also many afternoons. And some evenings as well. You are welcome to watch, simply let me know when you would like to."

In response to her question she nodded. "Ah I see. Well the short version is that the father of the Otaku steeds hailed from the spirit realms. He agreed to help my people in a time of need but insisted that only Otaku women be allowed to ride his kind into battle. So has it ever been."
Otaku Imane

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:52 pm

"I will have to remember this, thank you Otaku-sama" Hideo smiled and nodded, before listening to her tale with interest. "I see...so your horses carry a link to the Spirit Realms? Do you know which Realm it is?"

How interesting that the father will only allow women to ride his horses...A strange request
Seppun Hideo

Previous

Return to The Stables