[Day 3:LM: Open] Fortune Telling booth! now decor Flowers!

Re: [Day 3:LM: Open] Fortune Telling booth! now decor Flower

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Hotaru, trying to get a sense of the local village folk and how they celebrated the day, meandered into the scene. She was dressed in the ensemble of a miko, consisting of red hakama and a white robe with a matching ornate haori. Her hair was tied in a simple maiden's horse tail. It seemed the village was rather quiet, too quit for her liking. However, she managed to catch an area of interest where all of the samurai have gathered around the fortune telling booth she had heard about.

Her eyes lit up curiously for a moment and she bowed politely to those who gathered here so far, taking her place behind the next in line. She noticed Mizuki among those who've gathered here but maintain of her respectable distance from the kuge until she can see an opening.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:04 am

Mizuki gives a small nod to the Bayushi inviting her over. "This is one of my kinmen, Bayushi Hotaru, a priestess of our Clan." She turns to the Scorpion. "This is Kitsu Takashi who trained with the Ikoma."

Mizuki was entertained that of the three, two were from a shugenja families who studied as courtiers, and one from a courtier family studied as a shugenja.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:41 am

Her attention was piqued when she was gestured over by Mizuki, but didn't hesitate to approach nevertheless. She made her way over where Mizuki and and Takashi were conversing, bowing politely to greet them. "Ohayou gazaimasu, Yogo-sama! And pleased to meet you, Kitsu-san. I hope everyone's day has been pleasant so far? It seems like a good day to get your fortunes read, apparently, it is around the season of the Setsuban."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:47 am

"It has. I hope the morning has treated you well."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Batul on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:21 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"Blessings of Lady Amaterasu be with you today." The Centipede greeted. The tent wasn't as hot as it was outside since the air Kami always accompanied the Moshi. "Welcome, This one is Moshi Asakiko, of the Centipede clan." She stood up and gave a bow.

The Unicorn was surprised that the room was not as hot as it was outside, and lingered among it looking about as more and more people came in, and she watched. The samurai-ko looked at the way the Centipede performed her divination, nothing like the way they did in the desert, or at least the way she had seen it done in the desert.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:22 pm

She bobbed her head once with a chuckle, placing her hands together in an optimistic gesture, "My morning has been pleasant enough, thank you! It started off on a good note and the weather promises to be wonderful. Since it's everyone's lucky day, I was thinking why not test my luck on the fates? I would usually do my own divinations but it seems like a good day to have others do it for me. I mean, I keep hearing about a Moshi who's been doing divinations for everyone else and I wish to see her talents for myself, as a diviner myself! I've been at it ever since young enough to volunteer at the local temples."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:13 am

Takashi does all the proper things as he's introduced to Bayushi Hotaru, listening politely to her chatter at Mizuki and smiling whenever the Scorpion shugenja looks his way. At an opportune moment he interjects: "Your arrival is most convenient, Bayushi-san, as I had just remarked to Yogo-sama that I am not well acquainted with divination. Perhaps you could tell me more about what to expect from Moshi-san when my turn arrives?" He gestures gently toward the front of the line.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:08 pm

"That may ultimately depend on what sort of methods Moshi-san uses when she makes her divination," She said with a glance toward the Moshi and the Crab she was serving at the moment. "That's part of the reason why I'm here today, to see her work for myself." Do Moshi stare at the sun, rather than the stars, when it comes to astrology?

After another glance at the Moshi, she continued on. "...From the looks of it, it seems that she's utilizing the 'lottery sticks' method. Crab-san shakes a bundle of sticks, each with a distinct marking on the stick. This is best done while in prayer, either to your ancestors for guidance or to the Fortunes to guide your fate. You shake the container and wait for the first one to drop from it. It can be a lengthy process to determine your result...don't rush it, or you'll incur the wrath of the Fortunes! Once one does, it would be the diviner's duty to read the result to you. It may look like each stick has a pre-determined result...but the interpretations are open. It is up to the diviner to narrow down its meaning so that it makes sense to you."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Takashi nods as he absorbs the explanation, his usual smile replaced by a thoughtful expression. After a few moments to digest what he's been told, he asks, "If Moshi-san knows nothing about me, how can she correctly interpret the stick? I understand asking the ancestors to assist, for my ancestors know me well, but..." He raises a questioning eyebrow, seeking understanding.
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:08 pm

"I very much doubt that she needs to know who you are now to know who you will become or should become. I suppose it may be strange when a diviner is responsible for telling your future when they might know little about you. From what way I see it, what we might see paints a potential picture of what could happen. This might differ from what you are now. People change, and sometimes it takes a while and your fate might be realized in the far future. Even sometimes the tiniest change can be enough, change of habits or change of mind. If your future does seem indeed so different than who you are now, perhaps a change indeed in your destiny? You can either do your best to avoid it, or perhaps find comfort in it."

She smiled warmly, "Of course, it can help very much to have a diviner who knows you best and rely on them for all of your tellings. I know I have a small following who rely on me to read their future."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:40 am

As a stick finally fell. She seem not quite pleased with the results but fortunes are that way. "CONTEMPLATION. The ablution has been made, But not yet the offering. Full of trust they look up to her." She continues. "As you contemplate life please let the days of sadness be gone; be happy and gay, with only one leap you'll clear the dragon gate..."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:04 pm

"How cryptic..." Hiroji considered, furrowing his brow.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Takashi looks thoughtful, nodding as the Bayushi explains more about divination. He seems to be pondering something.

After a short time he looks at both Scorpion women and says, with a broad grin, "After I hear from the Centipede, perhaps I'll ask you for a reading and see which I like better." His warm, jesting tone makes it hard to resist at least cracking a smile.
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:50 pm

"Who would like to go next?" The Moshi asked.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Hotaru chuckled softly. "It might be difficult to expect a better result from two diviners, Kitsu-san. The fates tend to be resolute and we mortal have little to say in the true direction they wish for your life to go. I can only hope that you find comfort in your first reading."

She raised a hand to get the Moshi's attention with a bright smile. "Over here, please! I believe that Kitsu-san has been waiting quite patiently!"

Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village