Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Re: Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Postby Yuzuki on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:01 am

She hesitated only a moment before accepting the handshake.

"Allow me a moment, if you would."

She then turned to the Moshi.

"I think it's perfectly fine on this table right here, don't you think? It's a good central location, viewable from just about everywhere."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Iuchi Batul on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:40 am

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Arriving late, attracted by the sounds and smells, Hiroji entered the tent, looking nervously around him at the mass of people, before obliging himself to a cup of sake.

Batul approached the Crab as she nibbled on many of the dishes, that were prepared, from her bowl. She gave him a sympathetic grin and greeted him. "Good evening, Kaiu Hiroji-san, have you had your rice today? Or coming to get some?" She giggled.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:12 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"I can't imagine. Not really. In addition to not being a priest myself, I've never even heard of anything like this before. There is just so much to learn about everything. I'm probably going to spend my entire life figuring out and learning new things. Which is an exciting prospect."

"Mmm." The Kakita nodded, peering into her drink - still half full. "As I understand it, the Unicorn don't have shugenja. That seems... odd." The Crane's eyes widened a bit, "Ah, apologies. I don't mean to offend!"
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:17 am

"Well, we do... kind of. But they have all these different charms and pendants they use for their magic and prayers. Seems very different from yourself," he says, not really knowing the difference. All he really knew was the Iuchi had all those charms and they seemed important to them, while none of the Rokugani had such things.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:22 am

"Charms and... pendants?" The Kakita blinked, looking up, "That sounds... so they don't speak to the kami then?" She considered the words; could this be what she had been looking for? If it was true, it would offer an alternative to the... unpleasantness.
Kakita Nanami

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:35 am

"Not sure. Maybe they use them to do so. Maybe they don't at all. Maybe both or neither. You'd really have to speak with one of the Iuchi to know more. The extent of my understanding is that all our priests have them," he says. "Sorry I can't be more help with that though."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:37 am

"The Iuchi?" the Crane asked, nodding. "I have to apologize again, Shinjo-san. I am unfamiliar with the families of the Unicorn and their... specialties. So the Iuchi are the priests you spoke of before at the shrine. Perhaps Shinjo-san could be so kind as to introduce me to one?"
Kakita Nanami

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:59 am

"Of course," he offers, scanning the party. "Though there aren't any present that I've seen. We'll have to schedule a good opportunity for that. Perhaps tomorrow sometime?"

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:09 pm

"Hai, Shinjo-san." The Crane once again sipped her drink. "Perhaps tomorrow. I always look forward to meeting more of the esteemed Unicorn clan and helping to cement good relations with them."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:17 pm

"I'll do my best to make it happen," he replies with a nod. He then shifts the subject because there isn't much more to add there. "This sake is pretty good. Definitely not something I'm used to. Very different from kumis."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:22 pm

The Crane's stomach lurched at the mere mention of kumis - it had only been the gift of the kami that had allowed her to even stomach it at the feast on the first night of the gathering. She nodded slightly, face perhaps a little green, "Hai. The abundance of rice in the Empire - much provided by the Crane, of course - allows the brew houses to create a wide variety. I must admit I rarely drink it myself - not an insult to the brewmasters, of course, but instead in pursuit of keeping my mind clear to speak to the kami."

She shrugged slightly, "This, of course, is a celebration. And one must be willing to be a little more free during celebrations, no?" She glanced to the Unicorn.
Kakita Nanami

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:26 pm

"Of course. Anything worth celebrating is worth celebrating with great fervor," he replies with a wide smile. "And I'm definitely enjoying myself."

He finishes off his own cup and refills it.

"I could get used to this stuff. Lot's of things I'm enjoying learning about Rokugan. Lot's of interesting and lovely people," he states looking at her squarely. "Including yourself Nanami-san."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki follows. She decides to let the Lion pick. That way if things turn sour, it'll be her fault. Shift the blame. Yes, sensei would be proud.

Kogo searches through the bottles, looking around to see what others are drinking. After seeing a number of other Rokugani drinking what appears to be a similar vintage, she chooses it and fills two cups, offering one to Yogo-san.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:'No I was not trying to start a brawl, I think the Mantis would not enjoy that at all." he smiles and follows the Yasuki's eyes "have you met my sister? This is Matsu Kyra, she is one of the great warcats if the Matsu, Kyra chan say hi to Yasuki sama, " Kyra rises then sttrtches, front paws out rear haunches up, hwad in the Yasuki's direction"

Tomonaga nodded. "Mmm, yeah, she put a lot of work into this. I'm glad that it's, uh, mostly going well." Feline disturbances aside. He was having some bad luck with cats lately.

"Whoa!" Tomonaga couldn't quite keep from drawing back as the warcat stretches impressively. His eyes were wide as he watched the powerful display of feline muscle. "Wow, she's incredible! How old is she?" For just a moment, his hand started to reach towards the warcat. Then, he remembered Yukarin and the (much smaller cat), and how little warning it had given before biting her. Carefully, he folded his hands behind his back.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:The Badger didn't shy away, emptying his cup as well, some of his school mates would of shook their head at this, but he wasn't going to be outdone by a girl so much smaller then he.

"Aye I drink more Sake myself, but Shochu isn't so bad under the right circumstance, why I packed some of both on my way here." His lips curled into a smile. "A second would be nice, thank you." As she turned to the food he looked in that direction as well. "Any of the fish dishes should be a real treat, Mantis chefs are some of the best in the empire when it comes to seafood."

"Yes, and I suppose their most identifying feature would be their mounts. They ride giant lizards the size of your warhorses into battle, as strange as that may sound."

"Did you have a chance to try the kumis at the Welcome Feast? I heard there is a sake that looks a bit like it: cloudy and white?" She sipped at the sake this time around, it still tasted nice if you didn't gulp it in one.

Imane walked with Daisuke over to the table of fish. As they walked she spotted Matsu Yurio and Moto Butaj who both received a little wave and polite smile. Butaj send to be surrounded by women and she was pleased for him.

"You say the Mantis chefs are the best at sea food? So they live by the ocean? I don't really know anything about the Navy's either Ichiro-san, I would like to meet the hostess at some point." She looked around before returning her gaze to Daisuke.

"I don't see her, but there are a lot of a tall people here. Perhaps you would kindly pick out some tasty seafood for us to try? I will think over my people's stories about the enemies we met on our travels. Lizard riders? Hmm..."

------

D3 EE Lore: Unicorn. Did we fight lizard riders? TN20+?: 3d10o10k2 14
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts