A Peaceful Place (D2-EE)

Re: A Peaceful Place (D2-EE)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:38 am

Fukawa shakes her head.

"No, go ahead, Otaku-san." she offers encouragingly.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Imane nodded and composed herself before beginning.

"I hope that Doji-san will forgive me for sparing her many of the details, which I do not believe are suitable for polite retelling to a non-bushi.

When I was seven years old my people crossed into a land of dark shadows. It was a time of troubles, in which by day things lurked hidden, just out of sight, and by night the shadows moved as enemies on the march."

She reached for her neck and removed a sharp piece of crystal on a string.

"The Iuchi discovered that crystal could be used to combat these shadows, and thus we found a measure of protection. This fragment was once part of a blade I used to strike down some of those enemies before eventually it shattered. Still, even with the crystal we lost many of our people in the years it took to reach the Empire. We call this period the Dark Ride."

Imane replaced the crystal fragment beneath her clothes and looked for the Crane's reaction.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Fukawa considers the tale, and the reactions different courts might have to it.

"Hmmm. Such stories would be suitable for Crab courts. In fact, if you were to tell it so tamely, I would bet you would be met with a story from a Crab seeking to top it, 'If you thought your monsters were scary, let me tell you about what happened last Monday.'"

She looked at her fan.

"They would find less favor in other courts, unless they were specifically telling tales about the Unicorn's return or about monsters, such as around Bon. Stories about monsters are generally regarded as less sophisticated, a topic suitable for scaring young children into behaving and little more."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Imane smiled with good humour at Fukawa's response.

"So focus on events or specific acts of heroism for most courts, add a warrior's details for the Crab? That is most appreciated Doji-san. It is kind of you to share your expertise with me. Bon is a festival, yes? I must familiarise myself with these."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:28 am

Fukawa nods.

"Well put, Otaku-san." she offers as a compliment to the girl's insight.

"Hai, Bon festival is a time in the Autumn where the spirits of the departed are honored." she further explains.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:07 am

The music came to its inevitable conclusion. Kaizen rose to his feet and set his clothes in order. He strapped his samisen to his back intention to return to his yurt for the remainder of the night.

OOC - Feel free to stop him or not as you deem appropriate. He is not so close that you could just talk to him it would require a little walking or a shout :lol:
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:48 pm

When the music stopped and the musician began to pack away his instrument Imane looked over at the performer and then back at her conversation companion. "I thought he played quite marvelously Doji-san, what did you think?"

She offered the man a wave, perhaps he would come closer?
Otaku Imane

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Fukawa nodded.

"I have heard better, but good music is always appreciated. It allows one experiences otherwise denied to them." she offers, not wanting to overly praise the Phoenix, but his performance having enough merit to prevent her from dismissing it entirely.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:27 pm

As Kaizen was settling his samisen he noted the motion of the Unicorn maiden, who was in conversation with a Crane. He had hoped to avoid the Crane delegation as much as possible to avoid any possible unpleasantness as apparently past misunderstandings haunted him still. Even so he would not refuse his hosts' either. So he walked over and bowed first to the Unicorn then the Crane in equal measure. "Otaku-san, Doji-san I am Shiba Kaizen, I hope the Fortunes find you both well this evening?"
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Imane smiled as the Phoenix approached and returned his bow. "Very well thank you Shiba Kaizen-san. Her voice was accented such that his name sounded exotic on her lips.

"I am Otaku Imane of the Shiotome, and this is Doji Fukawa-san. We were just saying that we enjoyed your music Shiba-san. I do hope that you have been enjoying the miai so far?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:52 pm

"The Unicorn have been most excellent hosts. This miai was to be an exchange of experiences and knowledge, so far your Clan has helped us experience much which is often a better teacher than words. I am glad the music was appreciated, it was an offering to the Fortunes. I can only hope that the first Emerald Champion did not mind as surely his descendants have better performers than I." He wondered about the neglect of this shrine and when last a Kakita had brought music.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:17 pm

I dub thee, Shiba Breathless Fukawa decided as the Phoenix talked jumping from subject to subject.

Fukawa inclined her head a bit at the end of the Phoenix's gale of words.

"Lady Doji never intended for the Crane to be the sole artists of the Empire. We do historically have a higher proportion of great artists from centuries of practice, but those works are meant to be shared, and to install inspiration within every samurai. And each clan offers something uniquely their own. For example, there is the Crab clan's taiko drumming tradition, and the many, many plays produced by the Scorpion. Even the Unicorn have born art within their hearts in the form of singing, storytelling and more and they left and returned. Art unites us as an Empire, and is part of what it means to be a samurai." she says in return.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Imane smiled as the other two seemed to hit it off just wonderfully. Her knowledge of the recent difficulties between Crane and Phoenix was exactly zero.

"Indeed, my people are very musically inclined and also take to carving and dance. My own skills are in the dances and music of the Sands. Storytelling and poetry are also popular with the Unicorn, but I do wonder what the Empire will think of our compositions as compared to that of the other Clans."
Otaku Imane

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:20 am

Did the Doji make that compliment to an insult to all others? Kaizen groaned internally. Ignoring the cold bird he spoke to the Unicorn, "I have yet to see or hear any of the Unicorn arts. I very much look forward to such expressions." Does the Doji know of the Topaz Championship or dislike my Clan in general?

"As for the Clans... Well as Doji-san pointed out we all have our own traditions that vary. I would say the Empire is greater for it and will be even greater with the Unicorn among us." Another compliment Doji-san will you wield it as a knife as well?
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:42 am

Fukawa found the Phoenix's words to be hollow indeed. But what could you expect from the new clan of deception?

"Tradition IS important to all samurai." she replied. "But it's important for us to remember that while the Empire has it's traditions that span hundreds of years, so do the Unicorn. Fortunately, we have common roots, so I am hopeful that their artistic traditions can integrate into the Empire's easily. From Otaku-san's sample of storytelling, it seems she has a firm grasp of what stories are appropriate when, and still providing her clan's unique outlook."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion