Back on my feet (Day 2 late Morning)

Re: Back on my feet (Day 2 late Morning)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:59 pm

The Shinjo did not see a reason to not be direct. "How effective can I be at tracking with my impaired eyesight?" she asked like one would to a sensei. She called attention to her faded eye for a moment with a smile still on her lips.

"How did the Lion declare war upon the Tonbo?" she inquired. Her first impression was that the Lion were bullies but she had no basis to make that conclusion. Oh and I should probably not speak poorly of any of the Clans when I'm already struggling to find a suitor.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:45 pm

"You'd be less effective then someone with good vision in both eyes." He admitted freely. "But I don't know what else I might teach you that you don't already know." He frowned he should of thought about that as well.

"Simply put they never Declared War. They were at War with the Dragon for various reasons, and simply went through the Tonbo on their way."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Yue shrugged; she took no offense on the reality of her situation. "I am sure you will find a good lesson, Daisuke-dono."

She cupped her chin with her hand. "And that is allowed? What did the Lion have to gain?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 am

"Revenge for a slight from decades in the past?" It seemed like that was about it though. "I also don't know if it's allowed in most circumstances... But I'm not a expert on these things either."

"A proper Historian could likely tell you more."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:49 am

"Sou desu ka." Liu Yue cupped her chin. "I heard of a historian telling stories. I may ask her one day about it."

Her next question on the matter was difficult for her to put politely. "What purpose do the Minor Clans serve?" she inquired gently.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:23 am

"It's a bit different for each clan honestly. The Badger for example serve to Guard the Pass of Woe from potential invaders, the Hare hunt down practitioners of evil magics, and the newly founded Piranha watch over the Naga and try to help our relations with them." Or so he heard at least. "Most of us exist to fill a Niche in the Empire in a way a great clan could not. Though others exist as a reward or for some other reason I might not be aware of."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:31 am

"Sou desu ka." Yue bowed her head. "Arigatou gozaimasu! You have been instrumental for my return to the Empire." She gave a warm smile. "I will have to learn more about all of the Minor Clans."

She then let out a hearty chuckle. "And you have made a good impression on me for the Badger, Daisuke-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:27 am

"I'm sure my fellows from the other clans would be happy to tell you of themselves Shinjo-san, If I recall there is one or two here from most of them after all." They were missing a Sparrow and a Tortoise but that was about all.

At her following words he grinned. "I'm glad, as I said we Badger don't get out in the empire often. So those of us that do, do our best to leave a good impression."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:04 am

"I met Kitsune Kumahime-dono. She is strong. I can tell from looking at her." She smiled. "I am sure that I will see the others before the miai is over."

She tapped her finger against her lips. "Is that the case for all Minor Clans or only the Badger?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:10 am

"I'd say the others are much more likely to travel." He smirked. "I'm not sure why, but most of my clan-mates are satisfied with staying in the mountains for the majority of their lives. I suppose it's comfortable in a way?

"I suppose our Sumai travel more then anyone else in the clan."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Yue put on a coy smirk. "You are a rarity among a rare Clan to see, Daisuke-dono? Again, some may appreciate such rarity." She let out a small giggle. "I am not surprised you venture more than your Clan mates. After all, you are a scout."

She looked over him briefly. "Are you a sumai too, Daisuke-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:31 am

He grinned. "True I wouldn't be the best of scouts if I just stayed in one place."

"As for a sumai." He shook his head. "Sadly no, I have a Uncle that persuaded that path, but I figured I was a bit small for it myself." He pat his belly. "That and I can't seem to keep on weight no matter how hard I try."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:35 am

"Do you wrestle? There are many who are present for the miai." She shrugged and then smirked. "A scout should not put on weight."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:44 am

"Sadly no, the weapons instruction at my school was already rather intense with learning the use of knives, various swords, and bows, I then added heavier weapons on top of that, and simply haven;'t had the time for anything further. I wouldn't midn learning though."

"And true, it would be harder to sneak through a forest if I was larger, but I always wanted to be as big and strong as my father when I was young so I have always ate large meals."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:12 am

"Sou desu ka." She scratched the back of her head. "I cannot help you there. If you have interest, my sister may be able to help you learn." Her mouth turned to a sly smirk. "If you wish to court her, then she will expect to wrestle you, Daisuke-dono."

The Shinjo cupped her chin and thought on her own height. "I do not know why I grew so much. I have a bigger appetite than my sister." She shrugged. "I was always strong. I never thought on it much."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village